This gaming generation is the worst we've ever seen....

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
GTA 4 at the time was called the last next gen game for a reason....

In hindsight that article was wrong as fukk. Did u read it?

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
It'll be hard to hear but the NES generation was the worst. And I love some of those games.

But here's why:
  • Cost of cartridges. $60 or $130 now. $130 for Kid Icarus? GTFOH.
  • The amount of BULLshyt games for full retail price. Lookup any movie tie-in or anything by LJN.
  • Nintendo limited how many games a publisher could put out. Right now you can download thousands of indie developer games.
  • Local multi-player only.
  • Tons of gimmick games.
My point being
Each generation is better than the last because there's no way you'd go back.

Red Money

All Star
Daps
In hindsight that article was wrong as fukk. Did u read it?

Casual games and microtransactions did take over. Iphone and Android lead the way and we watched the vita crash and burn. Everyone wanted to release smartphone games as a service. Free to play MMOs became a bigger part of culture. We watched studios put out large bad games and fold. Games became super formulaic.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Casual games and microtransactions did take over. Iphone and Android lead the way and we watched the vita crash and burn. Everyone wanted to release smartphone games as a service. Free to play MMOs became a bigger part of culture. We watched studios put out large bad games and fold. Games became super formulaic.
This ain’t what that shyt said.

Expect to see games made for lower budgets, targeted at wider audiences (ones that aren't fixated on high-end 3D graphics) and delivered over broadband with a micropayment program in place. Don't expect a follow-up to the 360 or PS3 anytime soon, either. In other words, the days when so-called "next-gen" gaming reigned supreme are coming to end - instead, the industry's future will be shaped by games like Rock Band.

Literally the opposite of what happened. Budgets are bigger than ever. Obviously the successors to the PS360 were released and successful Rock star is nowhere to be found.

You can’t just retcon that dumb ass article to fit your opinion of gaming today :stopitslime:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
It'll be hard to hear but the NES generation was the worst. And I love some of those games.

But here's why:
  • Cost of cartridges. $60 or $130 now. $130 for Kid Icarus? GTFOH.
  • The amount of BULLshyt games for full retail price. Lookup any movie tie-in or anything by LJN.
  • Nintendo limited how many games a publisher could put out. Right now you can download thousands of indie developer games.
  • Local multi-player only.
  • Tons of gimmick games.
My point being
Each generation is better than the last because there's no way you'd go back.
I wholeheartedly agree about Nintendo hamstringing the gaming industry during the NES era. Because its Nintendo, no one calls them out. That said, I would gladly go back to the Xbox 360 era. Online gaming was awesome and I could still make custom music soundtracks for any game. On my Steam Deck, I find myself rebuying old 360 era games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I wholeheartedly agree about Nintendo hamstringing the gaming industry during the NES era. Because its Nintendo, no one calls them out. That said, I would gladly go back to the Xbox 360 era. Online gaming was awesome and I could still make custom music soundtracks for any game. On my Steam Deck, I find myself rebuying old 360 era games.
On series x you can still play with custom soundtracks. You just need a spotify or apple music subscription.

Makes games like Forza a million times better :wow:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
On series x you can still play with custom soundtracks. You just need a spotify or apple music subscription.

Makes games like Forza a million times better :wow:
For me it was sports titles. NFL and NBA 2K gave you the ability to play your own music when you scored, during a huddle, and when the team was introduced. You could also edit the music so it would only play the portion of a song you wanted. Most of the innovative Kinect features on the Xbox One were removed, so there is no love lost there.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
For me it was sports titles. NFL and NBA 2K gave you the ability to play your own music when you scored, during a huddle, and when the team was introduced. You could also edit the music so it would only play the portion of a song you wanted. Most of the innovative Kinect features on the Xbox One were removed, so there is no love lost there.
:ohhh: i didn’t even know it was that customizable. I just used to let the music play.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This is a wild take but I will say the WOAT days was the xbox/ps3/wii era. I feel like gaming in that era didn't start getting good towards the end but there was alot of generic crap on those systems

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is a wild take but I will say the WOAT days was the xbox/ps3/wii era. I feel like gaming in that era didn't start getting good towards the end but there was alot of generic crap on those systems

Hated that gen, and i hate how the games look on it. All brown and grey, even MGS4, go back and look at it. It has that same washed out brown look to it

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hated that gen, and i hate how the games look on it. All brown and grey, even MGS4, go back and look at it. It has that same washed out brown look to it
Grey and brown, every dev trying to cater to white teens in the states for gameplay and storylines, overhyed duds, motion controls, sixaxis, all other types of fukkery was going on in that gen.