This gaming generation is the worst we've ever seen....

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
People are insane man. Every year I got more good games than I got time to play and at all times there is somebody saying there is nothing to play.

Each year there are several innovative/amazing games I been gaming since NES.
That's what im saying though. The days of complete shovelware on systems don't even exist no more because I can find an indi game to play :lolbron:.Like I said do we really want to go back to the kinetic/wii shovelware era?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
im happy but i understand that high-number sequels and remakes being the best games is not exactly the peak era of the medium.

The so called best gaming years people name are filled with sequels, im not sure when that became a negative point for gaming. Multiple companies celebrating 30+ year gaming anniversaries

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
The so called best gaming years people name are filled with sequels, im not sure when that became a negative point for gaming. Multiple companies celebrating 30+ year gaming anniversaries
at certain points in the past there are either new games or new gameplay conventions created that set the tone for that era. it seems now that the past few generations blend together and just make slight improvements in graphics or ability to deliver DLC. the leaps have stopped. nothing wrong with admitting that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
at certain points in the past there are either new games or new gameplay conventions created that set the tone for that era. it seems now that the past few generations blend together and just make slight improvements in graphics or ability to deliver DLC. the leaps have stopped. nothing wrong with admitting that.

Idk i been gaming for like 3 decades and shyts the same way its always been. Gaming goes through phases and fads, budgets for AAA increased so they come out less frequently but we literally used to get entire trilogies that played 99% exactly like the last game in the span of 4 years.

People were happy to spend 50/60 dollars going from GTA3 to GTA Vice City and so on. I almost feel the opposite of what people are complainging about. Ithink companies have to work twice as hard to prove how much different their sequels are these days versus before.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Idk i been gaming for like 3 decades and shyts the same way its always been. Gaming goes through phases and fads, budgets for AAA increased so they come out less frequently but we literally used to get entire trilogies that played 99% exactly like the last game in the span of 4 years.

People were happy to spend 50/60 dollars going from GTA3 to GTA Vice City and so on. I almost feel the opposite of what people are complainging about. Ithink companies have to work twice as hard to prove how much different their sequels are these days versus before.
on its face, it is true that there are massive jumps from 8bit to 16 bit, from 2d to 3d, from digital pad to analog thumbsticks, from local to online multiplayer, from cart to disc, etc. gaming generations used to offer radical changes in how you gamed. now we are in a long plateau phase where things just get objectively improved in graphics, audio, netcode, continuing support, etc. but the game is fundamentally the same.

and for GTA - before GTA1, you couldnt really make a precursor to that game for SNES. then you get a disc based system like the PS1 and GTA1 is possible. then with a more powerful disc based system you get the massive jump from GTA2 to GTA3. we dont do those jumps anymore even thought we have tried (3d tv, VR goggles, multiscreen "asymmetrical gaming". none of this stuff is as important as the previous console innovations.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
on its face, it is true that there are massive jumps from 8bit to 16 bit, from 2d to 3d, from digital pad to analog thumbsticks, from local to online multiplayer, from cart to disc, etc. gaming generations used to offer radical changes in how you gamed. now we are in a long plateau phase where things just get objectively improved in graphics, audio, netcode, continuing support, etc. but the game is fundamentally the same.

and for GTA - before GTA1, you couldnt really make a precursor to that game for SNES. then you get a disc based system like the PS1 and GTA1 is possible. then with a more powerful disc based system you get the massive jump from GTA2 to GTA3. we dont do those jumps anymore even thought we have tried (3d tv, VR goggles, multiscreen "asymmetrical gaming". none of this stuff is as important as the previous console innovations.

I do think VR is the biggest leap in gaming we’ve had in a minute. It’s unfortunate most people don’t have access to the really good stuff though.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:ohhh: i didn’t even know it was that customizable. I just used to let the music play.

Man you missed out, the xbox 360 was special because the music didnt play over the game, it would play in the game in alot of games as if the developers put your music in and it wasnt just sports games

The 360 will always be my favorite system for that

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.

time to admit y'all just hate gaming

People are insane man. Every year I got more good games than I got time to play and at all times there is somebody saying there is nothing to play.

Each year there are several innovative/amazing games I been gaming since NES.
And yet, not one of those games couldn't be made on last gen hardware. Infact, the BEST one, was made on PS3 level hardware.

I paid $500 almost three years ago to play new games that couldnt be done on previous gen consoles.

What I am getting is the same shyt that we were playing in 2005. Not interested. RE4 came out and tell me one thing it did that wouldnt have been possible on PS3 or hell PS2 era hardware. Just prettier graphics and thats it. And honestly, not that pretty.

How do yall not see we have been stuck in mud game design wise for 20+ years now?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Metroid prime -97
MP remaster - 94

Dead space - 86
DS remake -89

RE4 - 80
RE4:R -93

Sorry, but I'm not going to hype of this year based off 3 of the top 4 games being remakes and remastered of already must play games that most of us have already played.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:manny:This ain't worst gen, but if someone called this gen vry innovative, I'd laugh in your face. Most of these games are either remakes, games like the games you played before, and games you played before + 1 thing.