This game single handedly had me borrowing pencils all school year

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Anyone play paper football or quarter hockey?

5ea1218bd2228.image.jpg

I matured from rubber band weaponry and pencil sparring to triangle football by middle school.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I remeber taking the eraser out and squeezing the metal part together to form that battle axe :birdman:

One hitter quitters with the flick of the wrist :birdman:

We'd have mods in this game, we'd add tin foil, batteries, paper clips, rubber bands, all around the pencil or eraser section to essentially completely crack anything not a Ticonderoga or Mirado in one shot.

The game so out of control we were stealing pencils from the teacher's supply closets and leaving a broken pencil graveyard in the back of Homeroom...

And when a kid came in the arena with a basic Dixon yellow #2 pencil and squared up with a battle tested vet and the noob gets vanguished in one hit, it was a thing of beauty...

My one shot, one kill technique was about making the hand, wrist, and pencil function as one unit to follow through the strike like a samurai sword...

You knew things got real where each hit got a response like this:
First Exchange: (No damage)
Crowd:
:ehh::dwillhuh::gucci::patrice:
Second Exchange: (Slight crack and damage)
Crowd:
:picard::feedme:
Third Exchange: (Lead is showing)
Crowd:
:russ::mjlol::wow::feedme:
Fourth Exchange: (One swipe away from destruction)
Crowd::merchant::whoo::whew::martin: :mindblown:
Final Exhange: (Pencil gets broken, defeated player throws executed remains to the bushes)
Crowd Reaction:
:myman::whoo::sas1::huhldup::obama::bryan::ooh::krs::ohlawd::myman::childplease::lupe::heh::salute:

:camby::umad::smugbiden::banderas:

Teacher Response::unimpressed::martin::what::jbhmm::beli::mjpls::ufdup::flabbynsick::birdman::dahell:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn we used to do this everyday. I used to like the pencils with the softer wood that could bend a bit. I could hit much harder with those. But they were weak as fukk...one hit and they were done.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
We'd have mods in this game, we'd add tin foil, batteries, paper clips, rubber bands, all around the pencil or eraser section to essentially completely crack anything not a Ticonderoga or Mirado in one shot.

The game so out of control we were stealing pencils from the teacher's supply closets and leaving a broken pencil graveyard in the back of Homeroom...

And when a kid came in the arena with a basic Dixon yellow #2 pencil and squared up with a battle tested vet and the noob gets vanguished in one hit, it was a thing of beauty...

My one shot, one kill technique was about making the hand, wrist, and pencil function as one unit to follow through the strike like a samurai sword...

You knew things got real where each hit got a response like this:
First Exchange: (No damage)
Crowd:
:ehh::dwillhuh::gucci::patrice:
Second Exchange: (Slight crack and damage)
Crowd:
:picard::feedme:
Third Exchange: (Lead is showing)
Crowd:
:russ::mjlol::wow::feedme:
Fourth Exchange: (One swipe away from destruction)
Crowd::merchant::whoo::whew::martin: :mindblown:
Final Exhange: (Pencil gets broken, defeated player throws executed remains to the bushes)
Crowd Reaction:
:myman::whoo::sas1::huhldup::obama::bryan::ooh::krs::ohlawd::myman::childplease::lupe::heh::salute:

:camby::umad::smugbiden::banderas:

Teacher Response::unimpressed::martin::what::jbhmm::beli::mjpls::ufdup::flabbynsick::birdman::dahell:

:russ: :deadrose: reactions and wording exactly how it went down!!