This final pic of Geoffrey the Toys R Us giraffe tho :mjcry:

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Never been to 1 in my life. Always wanted to go as a kid so I don't have a connection with it.

sayewonn

Pro
Daps
I haven't had any reason to go to Toys R Us in over 2 decades but I'll miss seeing the store next to the Rhode Island Mall. That shyt was like old faithful. Spent many an afternoon looking at all the Nintendo game slips when I was younger.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
What killed them, Amazon?

Amazon and their shytty website were one part.

The other part was Bain and the other private equity groups that bought them a few years ago and loaded the company up with debt to pay for the leveraged buyout. Toys R Us still probably wouldn't have made it but it may have had a final chance if not for all the debt.

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
So Toys R Us didn't sell game consoles?
Only 10 percent of their stores were being used on a very consistent basis. Short term its cool but a lot is left behind which leaves the shelves stocked with toys that 20 years ago would of sold out . A lot of the smaller gifts arent purchased in abundance because the gift givers just get em a game.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Sad that people lost their jobs and toy stores are always fun but they sold a lot plastic toys that are messing up the environment.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
DgvMDSfUwAETWPR.jpg

:to:
This is legitimately sad. I'm not kidding. That's a lot of brehs childhood right there going away.

I will never forget trying that wack ass virtual boy with that wack ass virtual tennis for 30 minutes.