This documentary frightens me and made me realize I'm not bout that life

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The worst part is the fact that an estimated 3% to 5% of inmates are innocent and have been wrongly convicted. Think about that. Our prison population is over 2 million people, so if only 1% of them are innocent then that comes out to about 20,000 people rotting in jail for nothing. Gotdamn.

That's not even including the vast number of people who get locked up for victimless crimes like possession of marijuana, a "crime" that black men are disproportionately arrested for despite marijuana use occurring at a near even rate across all races. That one dude was in there for driving with a suspended license. Could you imagine ending up in that type of environment for smoking weed or driving without a license?

And yeah, I'm sure many of those prisoners deserve to be there, but plenty of them are no more guilty than the average American. That could be any one of us. This is some terrifying shyt.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
From the Bay to Central CA
The worst part is the fact that an estimated 3% to 5% of inmates are innocent and have been wrongly convicted. Think about that. Our prison population is over 2 million people, so if only 1% of them are innocent then that comes out to about 20,000 people rotting in jail for nothing. Gotdamn.

That's not even including the vast number of people who get locked up for victimless crimes like possession of marijuana, a "crime" that black men are disproportionately arrested for despite marijuana use occurring at a near even rate across all races. That one dude was in there for driving with a suspended license. Could you imagine ending up in that type of environment for smoking weed or driving without a license?

And yeah, I'm sure many of those prisoners deserve to be there, but plenty of them are no more guilty than the average American. That could be any one of us. This is some terrifying shyt.

Maryjane possession/driving with out a license would have to be a multiple offending charge or you'd had to be on probation to get put in county for that. Not taking away from your point tho, there should be different forms of punishments for different offenders. I have relatives who've done 20+ off and on for drug use. Obviously the "correctional" facility isn't orrecting anything and actually hurting.

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
Here is the thing, I dont think that we need to reduce this aggressive behavior, simply refocus it on more important things like business and $$.:yeshrug:

They show shyt like this to illustrate how feral our culture is. How unruly we truly are. But Ive seen shyt much worse in the business world. I've seen people fukk with there subordinates and get them fired, layed off, cut salary- all so that they can save a couple thousands in their pockets. Like cutting off my livelihood and ability to eat so that you can buy yourself a watch :birdman: And they will have the gall to justify it with some business excuse such as: I happen to be more important to the business, and I need this bonus to perform at capacity.

I mean, that one dude got fukked up, but his wounds will heal. How about the people having to pay they mortgage, children's tution, etc?! That shyt and stress could go on for years and have ripple effects on your entire family.

They want us to be pacified, not aggressive, laid back. Makes us much more expendable. We need brotha's to channel their anger and apply themselves. Be corporate thugs. Because I can assure you, ,this is what scares white America more than seeing black men behind bars.

But for real though, Im kinda :drunk: right now and this shyt got me :to:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
The whole rape thing is always over done in these documentaries.

My brother told me he used to hear grown men crying...wailing at night. Some because they couldn't deal with prison, others for different reasons :scusthov:

To protect his memory in my mind, I just pretend he never got caught up. Atleast he never said anything :wow:

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
The whole rape thing is always over done in these documentaries.

most of the documentary period is over done for entertainment reasons

most of those dudes are overly pretentious for the cameras

watch the interview he did with robert shaw in the second part the one who checked out cause he got tired of the life...he basically drops the truth..

yo moms

drunk
Daps
most of the documentary period is over done for entertainment reasons

most of those dudes are overly pretentious for the cameras

watch the interview he did with robert shaw in the second part the one who checked out cause he got tired of the life...he basically drops the truth..

Was that the guy that said those were the same people who would cry when he's robbing them with a gun in their face? :wow: he was too real

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even though this documentary kind of over did the aspect of throwing down and other acts in jail, its real talk. Just like real life, people gonna try to play you and gain any advantage they can.
The one thing about the documentary which many people that have been locked up will tell you is that it mirrors life, just not as complicated(laws) and less humane. Think about it, these are men at the bottom of the barrel in life, can you really blame them trying to gain an advantage over there fellow inmates by any means necessary?
Been locked up, after losing your freedom, and overall life all you have left is the "little" respect(cred) you do have left, you think Im gonna let some nikka locked up like me take my little bit of false pride left? It is what it is

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
White dude that looks like McLovin is scared shytless. This shyt is beyond fukked up. The CO is like, we don't know if something is happening in the cell to an inmate until they bang on the door or when we go in the area to feed them.

The black dude that got the brakes was put in an unsecure population for driving with a suspended license. WTF.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Glad we have more civilized laws in California. You not goin to jail if your tags are expired or if your license is suspended. You will lose your car and be fined though.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Glad we have more civilized laws in California. You not goin to jail if your tags are expired or if your license is suspended. You will lose your car and be fined though.

better then losing your cookies