This console gen has been treating you ingrates better than you deserve

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Whats clear is you arent a gamer or at best are a casual gamer hence you listing bullshyt like call of duty in your lists.

You keep asking what people want like we are supposed to design the next great game in our heads just to appease you because you cant seem to understand why people dont want to keep playing the same games over and over and over.

I didnt know I wanted bioshock, or gears, or halo, or uncharted, or tlou, or gta or fallout Or arkham asylum The studios just delivered them.

But I guess youre happy with call of duty and battlefield sequels forever. As a casual gamer it apparently doesnt bother you. Which is cool. You like playing stale franchises and real gamers expect innovation like every other gen has delivered. Some of us want more than a new coat of graphics. A casual gamer such as yourself, that seems to go over your head. So, go enjoy your sequels.

Look at the first page of the Arcadium and re-evaluate your statement about me being a casual gamer.
You just gave me a great idea for a thread too. I might just go home and type up a list of every single game and console I own. Might just add pics for the random haters.
Not that this is the hill I wanna die on or anything but your talking to someone right now THAT DOES THIS. I named, and can continue to name games and features that have made this new gen of consoles worth while. Your best argument has been "I don't care about that feature" and "I don't care about that game". When I asked what game you actually care about then you rattled off " bioshock, or gears, or halo, or uncharted, or tlou, or gta or fallout Or arkham asylum" when two seconds ago you were complaining about sequels.

Why don't you drop your gamer tags on here so we can evaluate your incredible hard core gamer stats?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I dont have to own the game to know they got rid of half the tracks and 2/3 the cars.
They didn't get rid of anything. What they did was remake everything from the ground up. Instead of just bringing the same cars and tracks over.

They could have just put it out using the same assets as 4 and it would have had more tracks and courses, but then what would be the point?

That would actually be nickel and diming

Or that they still haven't added shyt like night racing or weather effects (that Gran Turismo had like 15 years ago lol). Or that my $400 racing wheel setup will not work on Xbone.
Valid criticisms but that doesn't make it "nickel and diming to the next level"

Do u not expect people to do research before dropping hundreds of dollars on a system? Lol. Plus the very fact that they are coming out with Forza 6 speaks to the nickel and dime shyt I'm talking about, and speaks to a short sightedness that is disappointing. What will Forza 6 bring that 5 doesn't? The cars and tracks that should have been in Forza 5 in the first place :aicmon:
There's been a forza game every two years since the series started. Why you buy 4 when you could have just played 3?

The way the game is setup, they could make one game and just continually update content, which will make for a great steady revenue stream. This is basically what they do for iRacing and I'm sure for other games too. Instead, they will abandon 5, which damn near just came out, and essentially shyt on everyone who bought it and any DLC for it, forcing them to move to 6. That breaks up the online community as well, which is probably Forza's best feature. So the way they handled it is no good to me. I'm gonna stick with 4 and 360 until they get their minds right....
5 will be supported after 6 comes out. Just like 4 is still supported now.

It honestly sounds like you've just made up your mind that you don't want to upgrade so you are just reaching for excuses.

All of your criticisms could be aimed at 4 yet you still had a great time with it.

If you are a forza fan then you are missing out. Point blank period. Forza 5 and horizon 2 are better than the last gen games in every way imaginable

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Look at the first page of the Arcadium and re-evaluate your statement about me being a casual gamer.
You just gave me a great idea for a thread too. I might just go home and type up a list of every single game and console I own. Might just add pics for the random haters.
Not that this is the hill I wanna die on or anything but your talking to someone right now THAT DOES THIS. I named, and can continue to name games and features that have made this new gen of consoles worth while. Your best argument has been "I don't care about that feature" and "I don't care about that game". When I asked what game you actually care about then you rattled off " bioshock, or gears, or halo, or uncharted, or tlou, or gta or fallout Or arkham asylum" when two seconds ago you were complaining about sequels.

Why don't you drop your gamer tags on here so we can evaluate your incredible hard core gamer stats?

Do you think before you type or nah?

I used those games as examples of new ips or games with sequels that actually did something new. I didnt say I want more of them. I hope to god we dont get another bioshock or gears etc. Halo and them are all stale as fukk now. Im not excited for uncharted 4 either but I hope its an evolution for the series.

I want new ips and fresh ideas. Sequels are fine if theyre actually furthering gaming. Gta 3 changed the industry. Asscreed 75 and cod 25 arent doing shyt but cashing in on casual gamers.

Seems to me youre :fire: that people dont want to keep playing stale franchises. I mean every post you keep digging yourself deeper and embarassing yourself. You actually listed stale ass telltale games :laff:

Youre going to continue seeing threads calling this gen boring and trash until some actual next gen games release.

If youre entertained by last gen games with shinier graphics, good for you. A lot of us arent.:francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I used those games as examples of new ips or games with sequels that actually did something new. I didnt say I want more of them. I hope to god we dont get another bioshock or gears etc. Halo and them are all stale as fukk now. Im not excited for uncharted 4 either but I hope its an evolution for the series.

I want new ips and fresh ideas. Sequels are fine if theyre actually furthering gaming. Gta 3 changed the industry. Asscreed 75 and cod 25 arent doing shyt but cashing in on casual gamers.

Seems to me youre :fire: that people dont want to keep playing stale franchises. I mean every post you keep digging yourself deeper and embarassing yourself. You actually listed stale ass telltale games :laff:

Youre going to continue seeing threads calling this gen boring and trash until some actual next gen games release.

If youre entertained by last gen games with shinier graphics, good for you. A lot of us arent.:francis:

I gave you a list of a dozen new IPs.

You chose to ignore it so you can keep complaining about sequels :stopitslime:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
They didn't get rid of anything. What they did was remake everything from the ground up. Instead of just bringing the same cars and tracks over.

They could have just put it out using the same assets as 4 and it would have had more tracks and courses, but then what would be the point?

That would actually be nickel and diming
They could have brought all the old content over and just improved the rendering. The cars don't need more detail, but 4 had pretty horrible aliasing. They dumped a lot of important and cool cars. For most Forza players a wider variety of cars and tracks is more important than pretty graphics- which again don't mean much when the system is capped at 1080p

Valid criticisms but that doesn't make it "nickel and diming to the next level"

There's been a forza game every two years since the series started. Why you buy 4 when you could have just played 3?
4 had a much improved physics model that could not be ported back to 3.

5 will be supported after 6 comes out. Just like 4 is still supported now.

It honestly sounds like you've just made up your mind that you don't want to upgrade so you are just reaching for excuses.

All of your criticisms could be aimed at 4 yet you still had a great time with it.

If you are a forza fan then you are missing out. Point blank period. Forza 5 and horizon 2 are better than the last gen games in every way imaginable
No, all of my criticisms couldn't have been aimed at 4. My wheel works on 3 and 4 just fine, for example. Didnt need a new system to play 4 from 3. 4 had new cars and tracks that 3 didn't. I believe 4 also had the (highly underutilized) track DLCs which I'm pretty sure 3 didn't. 4 was a huge step forward..... you strip the graphics away from 5, 3 to 4 was a much bigger step than 4 to 5. Only thing 5 has is the ability to swap engines across different marques which is minor.

Trust me dawg like I said Forza 4 is literally the only game I play... I did a lot of research on it before deciding not to pull the trigger. But Forza 5 is not better in every way possible. Only ways it is better is graphics, and arguably physics. But it's worse in a lot ways more than it's better. You are the one copping pleas... I see now why you got that stamp under your name :scusthov:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
There's 11 other games on that list :stopitslime:
the evil within played like a ps2 game with entire chapters feeling like theyre ripped from RE4. Im playing valiant hearts right now. Its got a cool art style and the stories alright but theres no meat to the gameplay at all, its far too simple. I really dont feel like going through the rest 1 by 1 but none of those games are going to be remembered. They arent making a top 100 game of all time list.

Nobody is saying their isnt a few solid games to be found. But where is the games that seperate this gen from previous gens? Its just more of the same.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They could have brought all the old content over and just improved the rendering. The cars don't need more detail, but 4 had pretty horrible aliasing. They dumped a lot of important and cool cars. For most Forza players a wider variety of cars and tracks is more important than pretty graphics- which again don't mean much when the system is capped at 1080p
You entitled to your opinion. But this would in fact be nickel and diming. They chose to not go the easy route and to build something new instead of a marginal upgrade.

Its not just about graphics. Its about building a better game. In order to do that they had to build it from the ground up.

4 had a much improved physics model that could not be ported back to 3.
5 has a new physics model
Laser scanned tracks
New A.I.
All new rendering techniques

All which couldn't be ported back to 4

No, all of my criticisms couldn't have been aimed at 4. My wheel works on 3 and 4 just fine, for example.
You had to buy a new wheel for 360. The OG Xbox wheel did not work on 360

Didnt need a new system to play 4 from 3.
You didn't mention this criticism in you original post. But I think this is only real one you have. You don't want to buy a new system so you reach for justifications to support that.

4 had new cars and tracks that 3 didn't. I believe 4 also had the (highly underutilized) track DLCs which I'm pretty sure 3 didn't. 4 was a huge step forward..... you strip the graphics away from 5, 3 to 4 was a much bigger step than 4 to 5. Only thing 5 has is the ability to swap engines across different marques which is minor.
You are talking out of your ass here. 5 is a much larger upgrade.

Trust me dawg like I said Forza 4 is literally the only game I play... I did a lot of research on it before deciding not to pull the trigger. But Forza 5 is not better in every way possible. Only ways it is better is graphics, and arguably physics. But it's worse in a lot ways more than it's better. You are the one copping pleas... I see now why you got that stamp under your name :scusthov:

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. You are simply reaching for confirmation bias. Looking for reasons NOT to want the game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
the evil within played like a ps2 game with entire chapters feeling like theyre ripped from RE4.
Bishock felt like an old PC game, with entire chapters feeling like they were ripped straight from Half Life

Im playing valiant hearts right now. Its got a cool art style and the stories alright but theres no meat to the gameplay at all, its far too simple. I really dont feel like going through the rest 1 by 1 but none of those games are going to be remembered. They arent making a top 100 game of all time list.
The game you listed for last gen weren't considered "classics" the day they came out. Its only in hindsight we consider them that way. Some of the games on that list will be the most talked about franchises by the end of this gen

Nobody is saying their isnt a few solid games to be found. But where is the games that seperate this gen from previous gens? Its just more of the same.

There's plenty as have been pointed out to you.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

:russ:I'm not " :fire: " at all. The coli is something I do to burn time at work. This stuff isn't the least bit serious to me.

I'm not gonna keep repeating myself to you though. You got features, and you got games.

That MAGICAL new IP you're waiting for will instantly be compared to another game.

Now stop dodging and go ahead and drop that gamer tag and show us how much you're about that gamer life.