This board now has eleven, 11, ɪˈlɛv.ən stickies

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Let me just say this. I don't give a fukk which threads are stickied, but if you sticky more than five or six threads you're missing the point of stickies because you're not drawing attention to any of the stickied threads anymore, you're just cluttering up the first page.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
So why didn't Power, which is doing better numbers than True Detective, get a sticky? :mjgasmsk:
I don't know, maybe you should put a Detective on it
iJT4fqxWvC34E.png

iUp4JBaAcJRBY.png

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
shows and movies should only get stickied for 2 weeks max. the week before the premiere and the week after or something like that. that's plenty of time to get the word out, discuss it and subscribe to it.

after that, they should be treated like team season threads in the coliseum.

events like the oscars or whatever should definitely be stickied during the event.

maybe the netflix or the "what did you watch last" thread gets a perma sticky.. something of that sort.

:yeshrug:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
shows and movies should only get stickied for 2 weeks max. the week before the premiere and the week after or something like that. that's plenty of time to get the word out, discuss it and subscribe to it.

after that, they should be treated like team season threads in the coliseum.

events like the oscars or whatever should definitely be stickied during the event.

maybe the netflix or the "what did you watch last" thread gets a perma sticky.. something of that sort.

:yeshrug:

That definitely deserves to be stickied more than random movie thought.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the IGNORE THREAD option is available

its right next to most daps button.....under thread tools :blessed:

i have 2 stickies in this section :blessed:

i have over 50 threads ignored :blessed:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
:whoa: Lets be friends breh..... like me and @hexagram23

No one really wants any problems... nor did they want change.

We were all cool with dope threads for dope shows like Hannibal and Humans and Mr Robot and Tyrant and Ballers and True Detective and so on to be stickied.

WE just wanna live breh:noah:
:dead: tried to sneak that shyt in there

So why didn't Power, which is doing better numbers than True Detective, get a sticky? :mjgasmsk:
Power was stickied tho. At least season 2 was.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That's the point to tell brehs some good shows they might be missing. And humans is up to ep 4 in the UK so double :ufdup:
Y'all used that same giving exposure to shows people may not know about reasoning last year for Tyrant and through the entire season the thread was nothing but crickets.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I mean....how does it make sense, breh?

"The Wire" literally got cancelled....it ceased to exist, after season 3. David Simon had to physically beg HBO for a 4th and 5th season it was so unpopular.

"Hannibal" just got cancelled and it's more critically acclaimed than "True Detective", or "Game Of Thrones". And for the record, I watch all three shows.

Even using popularity as a yard stick, neither of those shows are bigger than "The Walking Dead", which for all intents and purposes is a fairly shytty show.

Hell, "True Detective" pulls in less viewers than "Better Call Saul", but if I upped that over "TD" people would never stop crying, even though I'm using a criteria you created.

I'm not stickying shows any more, because there isn't any kind of formula that makes sense. Maybe Jax will, I dunno.

Fred.
Your The Wire example really wouldn't work because on this site in this forum, The Wire would do numbers just like Power is doing pretty good numbers.
And it isn't about viewers or Nielsen ratings, it is about the activity/popularity of these shows in The Film Room. Some shows/movies generate more interest here than others for whatever reason.
The Big Bang Theory is popular as fukk out in the world but in here I doubt you can find more than a handful of mentions about it yet we got a thread about Rectify that has multiple pages and that show is probably watched by 4000 people total.