This board now has eleven, 11, ɪˈlɛv.ən stickies

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What if no one cares about Summer Jam, The Grammy's or the B.E.T Awards in The Booth? What if soccer fans could care less about Cavs vs. Warriors Finals or The Super Bowl? In a sub forum about Movies, TV and Books, The Oscars and Emmy's need to be upped. They're the culmination of everything that's been talked about the whole year. On an average day, the front page of this forum is littered with threads about comics or comic book movies, hence why an official Comic Con thread makes sense being upped. I get why people think popular shows should be upped, but if I asked you or other people why they should be upped I'm not sure I'd get a legit answer. Why does Power, True Detective or Ballers need to be upped when even on the days they don't air, people are posting in those threads? I was made aware of Utopia because one of the brehs tagged me. I haven't watched Humans or Mr. Robot or Gommora, or any of the many other random shows that have been upped. If cats want to put people on, just tag them.

You're 100% right, nobody can agree on anything. shyt, nikkas couldn't agree on The Fim Room being its own sub forum. The answer to that: take it out of their hands and unsticky everything except for the long running threads like the Netflix and Random Thoughts threads. That way no show is being given precedence over another and the one thing everyone can agree on is complaining about their favorite show not being upped:yeshrug:

Popular shows should be upped because they're events, same as a blockbuster movie. It's a pop culture, water cooler moment.

"Game Of Thrones" and "Better Call Saul" broke records this year, for a subforum solely dedicated to TV and movies it should rate on some level.

Or not, I guess. Like I said it's all opinion.

I will resticky the Netflix one.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
so how about we come up with some criteria then and do something that MOST everyone can agree on because obviously not everyone will agree but that's the beauty of democracy

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This shouldn't be this complicated. If a show or movie is doing major traffic than sticky it. If not then it gets the boot. Really only Game of thrones and True Detective are deserving.

How is that a good system, breh?

By this logic "To The Extreme" was the most important rap album in 1990. :heh:

Fred.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man... nothing was wrong with the old system..... there are hundreds of us and real talk everyone was cool, it seems like 3 peeps got mad and shyt changed

It should just go back to the way it was or nothing....

fukk all this "meeting in the middle" shyt

I never watched Humans or some of that other shyt, but I had no problems with it being stickied... it didnt affect me. It was similar to other folks. I trolled Hannibal but in the end that was a "gimmick" I didnt care about it being up. I was cool with them nikkas eating.

But now fukking with my food is a problem

All or nothing.... not even that Netfilx

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
How is that a good system, breh?

By this logic "To The Extreme" was the most important rap album in 1990. :heh:

Fred.

Popularity is the only system that makes sense. If you build it, they will come. I don't have an issue with you upping a thread that you feel is cool/different/introspective whatever but shows that don't do numbers shouldn't be upped until they do. :manny:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Popular shows should be upped because they're events, same as a blockbuster movie. It's a pop culture, water cooler moment.

"Game Of Thrones" and "Better Call Saul" broke records this year, for a subforum solely dedicated to TV and movies it should rate on some level.

Or not, I guess. Like I said it's all opinion.

I will resticky the Netflix one.

Fred.
I feel you, but a 10, 11, 12 episode season isn't an event or a moment, it's like three to four months. Again, Game of Thrones and Better Call Saul aren't going to be affected by being unstickied. The shows that will be affected by being unstickied are the ones that either have small audiences or the ones that have inactive audiences. This being a discussion board, the onus should be on promoting discussion instead of trying to make fans of certain shows happy. If The Film Room is the water cooler, then whatever threads that are consistently being upped are the water cooler convos. To keep the water cooler analogy going, I know I'm not the only guy here that will be at work or chilling with my boys, talking about the popular TV shows on right now, and then try to put my them on to something they might not have seen. While Game of Thrones is on, we're talking about that every day, but every now and then I might bring up Hannibal to see if they started watching it.

The breh @Nature Boy Ric Flair is probably the best at putting people on in the Film Room. I have a brolic backlog of shows just from him tagging me. Seeing something at the top of the page consistently isn't enough to compel me to watch something, but a cosign from someone whose taste you trust is. It feels like fans of lesser watched shows are afraid of that show being lost in the shuffle when they should instead be trying to put people on and keeping the discussion flowing.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Look, I got no problem with the system but clearly it's not the greatest system and a lot of stuff will get the attention regardless (if cats learned how to use the damn search function) but when there are big events in movies and film since this is the damn film room, that stuff should get the sticky: emmys, oscars, comic-con related shyt, the netflix thread, and maybe the big movies or tv shows.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
:stopitslime: fukkers complain too much...

i used to get a little irritated that i had to search for the comic book, penny dreadful, and hannibal thread but in the end i sucked it up and used the damned search function. hannibal finally got stickied and you fukk bois complain and now i'm using the search function again. now nothing is stickied so fukk you all and learn to love the search function.

the netflix thread should be a perma stickied thread.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Popularity is the only system that makes sense.

I mean....how does it make sense, breh?

"The Wire" literally got cancelled....it ceased to exist, after season 3. David Simon had to physically beg HBO for a 4th and 5th season it was so unpopular.

"Hannibal" just got cancelled and it's more critically acclaimed than "True Detective", or "Game Of Thrones". And for the record, I watch all three shows.

Even using popularity as a yard stick, neither of those shows are bigger than "The Walking Dead", which for all intents and purposes is a fairly shytty show.

Hell, "True Detective" pulls in less viewers than "Better Call Saul", but if I upped that over "TD" people would never stop crying, even though I'm using a criteria you created.

I'm not stickying shows any more, because there isn't any kind of formula that makes sense. Maybe Jax will, I dunno.

Fred.