This blockchain startup selling collectible NBA highlights just had $50 million in sales in 30 days

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka it's card board and paper I can go look up they stats and history on wikipedia.
:gucci:You shytting on your own argument. I can look up the play for free also.
W/cards I also don’t need internet, data or topshot’s website to not be under maintenance for them to work.
it’s adapting to the advancement of technology. Hence, you’re out of touch.
You trying way to hard. I don’t buy trading cards or top shot.

selling $75,000, 10 second clips equals “advancement in technology”?:gucci:

Twitter, youtube, Facebook, tic toc, only fans etc. been doing short clip features.

Think having access to 10 sec clips on the internet is advanced technology brehs

I’m out:hubie:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
:gucci:You shytting on your own argument. I can look up the play for free also.
W/cards I also don’t need internet, data or topshot’s website to not be under maintenance for them to work.

You trying way to hard. I don’t buy trading cards or top shot.

selling $75,000, 10 second clips equals “advancement in technology”?:gucci:

Twitter, youtube, Facebook, tic toc, only fans etc. been doing short clip features.

Think having access to 10 sec clips on the internet is advanced technology brehs

I’m out:hubie:
No my argument is if people want to pay for something then they just buy it regardless of whether or not someone who isn't contributing to the market they participate in thinks of it. That's why I said I could just look those things up cause if I don't care to buy it I won't. But I both cards and moments breh and all I can say is it's wayyyyy too many people that want in on this shyt, if you know basketball it's basically easy profit for you so it's an opportunity whether you believe in it or not

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No my argument is if people want to pay for something then they just buy it regardless of whether or not someone who isn't contributing to the market they participate in thinks of it. That's why I said I could just look those things up cause if I don't care to buy it I won't. But I both cards and moments breh and all I can say is it's wayyyyy too many people that want in on this shyt, if you know basketball it's basically easy profit for you so it's an opportunity whether you believe in it or not
I don’t disagree with you.

check post #249

im just thinking down the line. Let’s say this stuff really pops off, I feel like replays and hi lights will be harder to come by? Fake scarcity builds hype.

I hope I’m wrong.

I think it’s actually dope just not for $500+

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
A lot of people in this thread are missing the point of why Topshot and NFT exists.

It's all about digital ownership

To own something that cannot be duplicated, something unique that others don't have and most importantly... having relevance and status on the digital landscape (web and platforms)

Y'all not realising that we're moving to digital

Digital is the future and this is why there is so much hype around it.

The opportunists see this hype hence why they've bought into Topshot.

Whether this is sustainable tho:manny:

Last edited:

btd623

All Star
Daps
Help me understand.

These are digital copyrighted clips.

please disprove my initial post.

how can you justify spending thousands on a clip when the same play is available to view for $0.00.

I'm not logging into my account to watch these highlights, its more about the value, player and limited availability of some of these highlights that drive the market. I buy highlights on players who I think have a chance to increase the value of the highlight. You have people who only go after Zion and Luka highlights because of the player, not the actual highlight. Certain special highlights will be valuable tho because of the significance of it. I'm sure once the Anthony Edwards dunk drop that one will be very valuable. This shyt is like collecting cards but on a digital platform.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve been thinking about this.

this shyt is a bad idea for the consumer.

They’d have to make it so replays are at a minimum now.

watching games will be more important because of the replay value of the cards. Which could in turn lead lead to pay per view games, way past nba tv and basic cable.

A lot of people in this thread are missing the point of why Topshot and NFT exists.

To own something that cannot be duplicated, something unique that others don't have and most importantly... having relevance and status on the digital landscape (web and platforms)

Can you sell views of your card?

Does the NBA still own the clip?

Do I get royalties when/if the NBA replays the game, the clip was taken from?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm not logging into my account to watch these highlights, its more about the value, player and limited availability of some of these highlights that drive the market. I buy highlights on players who I think have a chance to increase the value of the highlight. You have people who only go after Zion and Luka highlights because of the player, not the actual highlight. Certain special highlights will be valuable tho because of the significance of it. I'm sure once the Anthony Edwards dunk drop that one will be very valuable. This shyt is like collecting cards but on a digital platform.

my only question is about ownership. You can't view the clips offline? that's questionable..

Daps

To own something that cannot be duplicated,
something unique that others don't have and most importantly... having relevance and status on the digital landscape (web and platforms)

These moments can easily be duplicated

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
These moments can easily be duplicated

Authenticity bruh

You can get someone to make a pair of Nikes that look similar or the same. It won't be Nike though.

A company can create an exact replica of a lamborginhi car... It still won't be lamborginhi tho.

They want these moments from this site. That's what's creating the perceived value.

Daps
Authenticity bruh

You can get someone to make a pair of Nikes that look similar or the same. It won't be Nike though.

A company can create an exact replica of a lamborginhi car... It still won't be lamborginhi tho.

They want these moments from this site. That's what's creating the perceived value.

Nikes are something I can physically wear out, a Lamborghini is a car I can physically drive, these aren’t good comparisons Imo.

I’ve purchased two packs and will shoot for the pack dropping at 4, I really don’t believe in this long term. I’m just playing the game because the entry price is too low to miss out on incase this really does become a huge thing.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nikes are something I can physically wear out, a Lamborghini is a car I can physically drive, these aren’t good comparisons Imo.

I’ve purchased two packs and will shoot for the pack dropping at 4, I really don’t believe in this long term. I’m just playing the game because the entry price is too low to miss out on incase this really does become a huge thing.
I don't think phsyical things matter as much anymore when we pay for things digitally.
When money is digital, the floodgates are open for everything else to be. Actually most of your life is digital when you think about it.

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
Decided to jump on this bandwagon.

Do you have to deposit money first into your Dapper account or can you purchase the moments directly from your card/paypal

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Decided to jump on this bandwagon.

Do you have to deposit money first into your Dapper account or can you purchase the moments directly from your card/paypal
You can purchase directly from debit/credit.

Although for pack drops that can be wonky cause they got 150k+ people overloading their systems at one time.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bruh...I just watched it for free. WHY would someone spend $70k on it?
:russ:
It’s just a collectible. :yeshrug:

I mean, what actual value do sports cards or stamps or art or whatever have?? People just buy the shyt though. :yeshrug: