This blockchain startup selling collectible NBA highlights just had $50 million in sales in 30 days

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
People paying millions for tweets breh, because somebody thinks that is it’s value.

suckers are born everyday.

you won't be saying that if owning videos becomes the norm and sticks around. What if they start doing shyt like having players having a personalized message attached to the video? Then it becomes even more "rare" in people's eyes..

it's easy to say it won't last now. but what if it does?

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no.. a clip is the same thing. You think it's different because you can "hold" a card but you also "hold" a video just in a different way. Both are to be shown off to other people.

"hey that's a cool card" is the same as "hey that's a cool clip"

btw i don't own any clips because i don't know if i feel it's a worthwhile hobby to me but it's a fun and worthwhile hobby to others just as collecting cards is
Therein lies the rub. I can flip open youtube and play that same clip. You can’t make a card magically appear.

I think it’s cool actually, just not $500+ cool.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you won't be saying that if owning videos becomes the norm and sticks around. What if they start doing shyt like having players having a personalized message attached to the video? Then it becomes even more "rare" in people's eyes..

it's easy to say it won't last now. but what if it does?
My initial point still stands about pandora box.

honestly, you guys have convinced me to at least look into it for financial gain purposes only. which really goes against the purpose of trading and collecting . I’ve since stopped buying sneakers for this very reason.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
My initial point still stands about pandora box.

honestly, you guys have convinced me to at least look into it for financial gain purposes only. which really goes against the purpose of trading and collecting . I’ve since stopped buying sneakers for this very reason.

outside of the financial gain aspect to it.. there is something to "showing" the clips to friends and shyt. Yes.. you can open YouTube but just like a trading card the same photo printed on paper is worthless.

it's going to be a thing for dudes who got money and time lol

i've seen people get into collecting stranger things than video clips

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the top shot website, should be on front page
You got to have an account though and they stop new account registrations right before releases
The site is under maintenance right now
so when the site is under maintenance and you can't access the clips you "own" huh?

:lolbron:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
no.. a clip is the same thing. You think it's different because you can "hold" a card but you also "hold" a video just in a different way. Both are to be shown off to other people.

one is physical governed by the unchanging and guaranteed physical laws of the universe. one is a digital representation governed by human whim.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

just playing devil's advocate. the bank owns the money in your bank account and have a liability to you, strictly speaking.

i need to think about it a bit more but collectables are not for the masses. it's the rarity of players that stops those markets becoming an extreme bubble.

when they do spread out to the masses you end up with things like the tulip bubble.

it's an interesting idea and I can see where it rightly applies to some tokens (first tweet, NBA), but generalised I can see there being problems.

first movers will probably make money anyway so :manny:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
:gucci:
They are called trading cards. You trade them, literally hand to hand. Based off of who you think is better or like more. If you happens to not like Jordan but got his rookie card and traded it, you goofed.

They have stats that educates the owner. Yes they had special cards but the majority of the pack was basic cards with stats. Hype and hustle killed that.

You defending someone selling YouTube clips with fancy overlays. You’ve been played.
nikka it's card board and paper I can go look up they stats and history on wikipedia.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I was just explaining how cards came about.

This shyt is brand new. I just don’t agree with it like you do. Don’t got shyt to do with old and out of touch. You probably was eating ass cause they said it was cool.

it’s adapting to the advancement of technology. Hence, you’re out of touch.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Also since this is a fad to you guys can any of you justify pannini having digital cards when they're the only licensed nba card manufacturer?

It's like you people don't know 2k don't exist.