This blockchain startup selling collectible NBA highlights just had $50 million in sales in 30 days

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
G shyt could you explain it to me like I'm 5? I am trying to get why these highlights are going for so much. Is it just because the blockchain makes it mad secure? Because if that's all it is I still don't see what makes these videos so valuable
Same here cause I'm just not understanding.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
How do you get your favorite player to autograph your digital card?
Theres possibly away they can link a digital signature on the card and that mint is recorded as authentic on the block chain, so I guess let's say they sign their name on some software with a pen that interacts with that and they attach that file with the moment or card or what have you, when it gets produced on the blockchain that specific card with their specific signature that became digital recorded is thus minted as that and only that or maybe more with more serial numbers.
Just a layman's idea

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
Same here cause I'm just not understanding.

I initially didn't get the hype but think of this as more of an investment for the future.

Everything is going digital and what may be the norm in 20/30/40 years time is rather then having physical collectibles such as stickers/cards which can always get damaged/lost/stolen you can now have something to collect which is more secure, won't get lost and can't get stolen.

This may be what children and people of the future will become accustomed to, buying and collecting online.

Also... who's to say that Youtube won't limit/stop access to watching NBA recording :yeshrug:. What we have access to now may cease to exist in the future.

I see the potential.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I initially didn't get the hype but think of this as more of an investment for the future.

Everything is going digital and what may be the norm in 20/30/40 years time is rather then having physical collectibles such as stickers/cards which can always get damaged/lost/stolen you can now have something to collect which is more secure, won't get lost and can't get stolen.

This may be what children and people of the future will become accustomed to, buying and collecting online.

Also... who's to say that Youtube won't limit/stop access to watching NBA recording :yeshrug:. What we have access to now may cease to exist in the future.

I see the potential.
shyt never know, youtube might not even be here in the future

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
G shyt could you explain it to me like I'm 5? I am trying to get why these highlights are going for so much. Is it just because the blockchain makes it mad secure? Because if that's all it is I still don't see what makes these videos so valuable

like mentioned before it's a trading card but digital. You have to erase what you think about highlights and YouTube. And think of it more like currency. The NBA is saying ok this clip is worth such and such no go collect it.

This is the future of marketplaces now you're seeing it with art. Next will be music and whatever else. Just know this is Beta stage and word is getting out so best to get in on ground floor before this blows up something crazy.

It's almost like someone putting you onto bitcoin when its like $10 a pop

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
Another sign of times, with people looking to make money doing as little work as possible. That being said, it is working for those who get in early on trends, so you can’t be so quick to dismiss these things...just need to keep your ear to the street and trust your instincts.

A music version of this would be dope...with packs consisting of 30 second clips of songs...

“”I’m selling the intro to Shook Ones for $75K brehs...”

:banderas:

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
Another sign of times, with people looking to make money doing as little work as possible. That being said, it is working for those who get in early on trends, so you can’t be so quick to dismiss these things...just need to keep your ear to the street and trust your instincts.

A music version of this would be dope...with packs consisting of 30 second clips of songs...

“”I’m selling the intro to Shook Ones for $75K brehs...”

:banderas:

Eli Porter rap battle clip going for an easy 100K :wow: