Think I might fukk around with Mass Effect again

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Basically, ME1 had the best story, ME2 had the best balance of story and gameplay, ME3 had the best gameplay. ME2 was overall the best one to me and is probably in my top 10 RPGs.

Andromeda really wasn’t all that bad. Maybe the story/characters weren’t as good as the OG series but it definitely scratches that itch for a sci-fi RPG game and the combat is still really fun. It caught a ton of flack back when it first launched but I’d still recommend giving it another shot if you’ve got the time :manny:

I had fun with Andromeda from start to finish but I understood the criticisms it got. I didn't think it was that bad at all, the game that the engine was based off of (Dragon Age Inquisition) was a much worse game IMO and it got hella praise. It deserved the criticism but it's nowhere near as bad as people make it seem.
I'd be playing this right now but Origin is a piece of shyt :unimpressed:

People give ME3's ending a lot of shyt but that game had problems from the start :dead:

even then, it had some fukking amazing set pieces and moments. all in all, it was forgivable. its not like Mass Effect got Dead Space'd at the end

I'm not sure what problems you're talking about, people didn't like the route that they took with some of the former playable characters, like what happened with Grunt and Thane, but the overall story and gameplay was fine, it felt like to me they focused on the gameplay over everything else.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Basically, ME1 had the best story, ME2 had the best balance of story and gameplay, ME3 had the best gameplay. ME2 was overall the best one to me and is probably in my top 10 RPGs.

I had fun with Andromeda from start to finish but I understood the criticisms it got. I didn't think it was that bad at all, the game that the engine was based off of (Dragon Age Inquisition) was a much worse game IMO and it got hella praise. It deserved the criticism but it's nowhere near as bad as people make it seem.

I'm not sure what problems you're talking about, people didn't like the route that they took with some of the former playable characters, like what happened with Grunt and Jacob, but the overall story and gameplay was fine, it felt like to me they focused on the gameplay over everything else.
ME3 was jacked from the start because of starchild nonsense and the fact that ME3 loss all concept of how powerful a *single* reaper was throughout the series

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
ME3 was jacked from the start because of starchild nonsense and the fact that ME3 loss all concept of how powerful a *single* reaper was throughout the series

They said from the start that there would be a reaper invasion, and a war, which meant a lot of reapers. Once they knew what they were up against and how to fight it, plus the prep time they had, I don't see what the deal is. They did a good job upping the ante and increasing the scale of the series. Plus the reapers were winning for 80% of the game :manny:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
They said from the start that there would be a reaper invasion, and a war, which meant a lot of reapers. Once they knew what they were up against and how to fight it, plus the prep time they had, I don't see what the deal is. They did a good job upping the ante and increasing the scale of the series. Plus the reapers were winning for 80% of the game :manny:
Look at what one Reaper did in Mass Effect 1

Look at what a dead reaper did in Mass Effect 2

Now, because they lost their fukking minds trying to make shyt War of The Worlds instead of following the dark energy plot they'd set up, you ended up with shyt like this in Mass Effect 3:

:unimpressed:

Mass Effect made zero sense in all directions simultaneously. But I didn't care because it was at least fun. Most of the time.

Don't even get me started on Cerberus going from a sidequest to... whatever the fukk they turned into :francis:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Look at what one Reaper did in Mass Effect 1

Look at what a dead reaper did in Mass Effect 2

Now, because they lost their fukking minds trying to make shyt War of The Worlds instead of following the dark energy plot they'd set up, you ended up with shyt like this in Mass Effect 3:

:unimpressed:

Mass Effect made zero sense in all directions simultaneously. But I didn't care because it was at least fun. Most of the time.

Don't even get me started on Cerberus going from a sidequest to... whatever the fukk they turned into :francis:

We really gonna act like these nikkas were prepared with the hammer of dawn in the first few games like they were in ME3? :dahell:

It's a logical progression. By the time the 3rd game came around everybody knew what time it was and prepared accordingly.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
We really gonna act like these nikkas were prepared with the hammer of dawn in the first few games like they were in ME3? :dahell:

It's a logical progression. By the time the 3rd game came around everybody knew what time it was and prepared accordingly.
Breh a *scout* reaper ran through the flagship of the citadel fleet :dead:

they lost the writing in ME2 and by ME3 you have Shepherd running fades with a Reaper on foot

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That Mako in the first :gag:

Good luck to you.

Game play in 2 and 3 was crack. Story was dope until the end of 3. Heard they went back and fixed it? I never went back.

Andromeda was doo doo juice. Didn't even get deep into it before bailing.

They didn't really fix, no. Didn't make it better at all, IMO. Just slightly expanded it.

Fred.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
i beat me1 like 70 times
i've never played a game as much as I did ME1

just a tremendous game and my fav game of all time
ME 1 is an amazing game that set up the story so well. ME 2 story was much weaker but much better action. Almost way too much action.

ME 3 was trash and i never played it

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
ME 1 is an amazing game that set up the story so well. ME 2 story was much weaker but much better action. Almost way too much action.

I beat ME 3 once and never touched it again, story sucked as well ish is like godfather 3 :scust:

ME 1 is just :wow:
Virmire is a top 5 experience in videogaming for me

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

How you gonna call a game trash without playing it first? :what:

I honestly didn’t even know ME3 got shyt until this thread:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Any tips for ME1 on how to have your teammates not fukkin die? I swear these dudes get merked every time. :francis:

I upgrade their shyt whenever I find stuff, but it ain’t doing much. :beli:

side note: I’m enjoying this play through more than the first. I have a better handle at RPGs now.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Any tips for ME1 on how to have your teammates not fukkin die? I swear these dudes get merked every time. :francis:

I upgrade their shyt whenever I find stuff, but it ain’t doing much. :beli:

side note: I’m enjoying this play through more than the first. I have a better handle at RPGs now.
Always position them yourself. Never trust the AI. They will run out and get bodied every chance they get - especially early on.

You have to deliberately spec them for survivability AND trigger their abilities for them if you want them to tank too.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Always position them yourself. Never trust the AI. They will run out and get bodied every chance they get - especially early on.

You have to deliberately spec them for survivability AND trigger their abilities for them if you want them to tank too.

I honestly don’t remember these dudes getting bodied so easily. :francis:

Hate having to tell AI what to do. :francis: