Things you didn't notice on The Wire until multiple watches

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

This is why The Wire and the Barksdale organization was the best. Lets put all of this into context. Cutty was released from prison. He attempted to rejoin the Barksdales organization but his heart is no longer towards that old life. Avon understood and out of respect let him resign as part of the organization. Cutty wanted to start a boxing gym to help KIDS to get out of the streets and gangs and so forth. The people who you would of THOUGHT could reached out and help him do something this positive in the community denied him, the church, the people who provide the permits, the courthouse, none of them.... but it took a known dope kingpin that represents the NEGATIVE aspect to reach out and give more than requested without it being a loan or an owed favor or anything.

Great breakdown. I didn't even think of the whole church and "righteous" people not helping but the kingpin drug lord helping him.

YamakaSmacker

Banned
Daps
o dog came up behind bodie twice

The first time to give him a package the 2nd time to kill him

Also randy wagstaff is cheese wagstaff son

That slim and Avon had Marlo figured out the whole time

Slim "made it" to the other side of the board (game)
McNulty told Stringer in season 1 that one day he'll be chalking him out
It was actually Barlow that said that

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
GOAT episodic show hands down. I knew just about all of this shyt but that's because I have litterally watched the series at least 20 times fully. There are so many things inside of this "Wire Universe" that you know there will be a remake of this show in about 20 years.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Lol he was just playing an extra :dead:
I know breh. There was a theory going around that he was ex military or something.

I know he was an extra.... but him being ex police would be perfect. Explains how he was so tactical and knew how to avoid them at every turn

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

This is why The Wire and the Barksdale organization was the best. Lets put all of this into context. Cutty was released from prison. He attempted to rejoin the Barksdales organization but his heart is no longer towards that old life. Avon understood and out of respect let him resign as part of the organization. Cutty wanted to start a boxing gym to help KIDS to get out of the streets and gangs and so forth. The people who you would of THOUGHT could reached out and help him do something this positive in the community denied him, the church, the people who provide the permits, the courthouse, none of them.... but it took a known dope kingpin that represents the NEGATIVE aspect to reach out and give more than requested without it being a loan or an owed favor or anything.

Yup and this is how it usually happens.

Now I won’t saw the Church did nothing. The REAL Avon played that bald deacon. Remember curry got his ideas from the deacon. And the deacon put him with the deacons friend, so he’d get approved for all the projects. And then that deacon helped Colvin too and a few others. He was thorough

But in real life, you find it’s the dealers and kingpins doing for their hood. Doing giveaways, things for the kids, helping out with a little rent or bill or getting someone off your back.

The wire did a great job of showing the good and bad in both sides of the law

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
What do you mean by this?

Mouzone is a Bishop because he moves down on Stringer in a straight line from the stairs, a Bishop can only move diagonally, not to mention the religious tie in here too. And if you look at the Wikipedia breakdown of moves a Knight can make you'll get a new appreciation for the scene.

Unlike all other standard chess pieces, the knight can "jump over" all other pieces (of either color) to its destination square. It captures an enemy piece by replacing it on its square. The knight's ability to "jump over" other pieces means it tends to be at its most powerful in closed positions (the unfinished building had no where for Stringer to escape), in contrast to a bishop. The knight moves alternately to light and dark squares (we first see Omar in the darkness and gradually see him move to the light when they kill Stringer). A knight should always be close to where the action is (pretty obvious with Omar), meaning it is best used on areas of the board where the opponent's pieces are clustered or close together (Omar always robbing stash houses).