They will know us by the trail of the dead - WALKING DEAD Season 5

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked the way Rick was shown to be in control and a bit of a hard-ass in this episode (Bob should have stopped running), the stuff with Gabriel was interesting because it makes sense that he try and get some proof to validate Rick's crew butchering the cannibals, and the scenes with the zombies overrunning the church were well shot and tense.
My issue was with the pacing of the episode, namely that too much time was spent with Dawn and Beth. It seems like these were scenes that should have already been used to establish Dawn's methods and her desire to keep Beth on her side and at the hospital. Like instead of entire episodes of Abraham in the middle of the road that maybe some time in previous eps could have been spent setting up the Dawn stuff so that the mid-season finale would have felt more tight and focused.
And somehow I don't really care that Beth is dead. It might have to do with the fact that I pegged her being a goner from the minute she got kidnapped but I am not bummed out by her death like I was for any of the other cast.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This ep didn't do it for me, I'd have preferred this been like a episode before the mid season finale, Beth's death seemed so random and pointless at this point. Like she made it through all that to randomly do something stupid like stab the chick in the shoulder with scissors during a stand off?

She had been playing it smart and cool up until this point... And not only that the officer automatically blows her brains out. Mehhhh Felt forced... and it made the other episodes feel pointless.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This ep didn't do it for me, I'd have preferred this been like a episode before the mid season finale, Beth's death seemed so random and pointless at this point. Like she made it through all that to randomly do something stupid like stab the chick in the shoulder with scissors during a stand off?

She had been playing it smart and cool up until this point... And not only that the officer automatically blows her brains out. Mehhhh Felt forced... and it made the other episodes feel pointless.
Not the first time they've done something like this...

*Remembers watching the first half of season 2 as they showed the group looking for that little girl that was in the barn the entire time*

:mjlol:

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I like how I went from thinking Beth was useless, to them developing her with Daryl, which, made her interesting....then..BLAM....killed her ass...

The circumstances were kind of :mindblown: tho...

"I get it now".....well bytch...I don't get it....She did have suicidal tendencies, was that her goal?...she gained nothing from doing that other than saving Everyone Hates Chris....

Maggies reaction was great acting, but too little too late, it seemed like she BEEN forgot about Beth.

Daryl is about to be :demonic: tho...

Please kill Tyrese...and kill Gabriel

Last edited:

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
this. shyt made no sense. what did beth think stabbing that bytch in the face with her whole crew holding guns? why kill dawn NOW after she just saved your life by fighting that cop that wanted to expose beth killing gorman? if anything dawn was becoming more likeable.

what beth did made no sense at all. shyt was forced.
I believe she killed hanson not because it needed to be done but because she wanted to be in charge and the other officers knew it. That's why they didn't shoot back after she go killed. And then she taunted beth with that "i told you they all come back" shyt. Her excuse for doing things was that the other officers would see her as weak, but it shows she was just using that as an excuse. she wanted noah to show her group that rick didnt get over on her.

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eugene and the crew are about a 3/4 the way to DC.... in the process they battle the hunters, meet Gabriel, reconnect with Morgan, and out run a 10,000 plus zombie herd... this gay guys are scouts for a small settlement who pay tax to negins group ... the looking to recruit allies to deal with negotiating the taxes in crops they pay to his town ... also rick becomes the town sheriff along with michone till the place is over run by walkers and they kill ricks new girl friend and the defacto mayor of the town .. the gay couple don't do anything crazy in the comics . most of the couples in the comics have a sex scene or two ... thankfully we dont see one of theirs .... there the wispy .. hispter ....effeminate types ... honestly they probably would die pretty quickly in a zombie appcollypse

Comic spoilers:
Isn't Jesus gay too? I actually forgot about the gay couple until you mentioned them.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
IDK, maybe cause it takes place in ATL :yeshrug:
WLmDfs8.gif