They want to turn Nate Grey into a Homosexual.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Their core demo is getting smaller and smaller as the link I posted tells you. They compensate by reaiing pricing but its still isn't helping, they are in the death spiral.
Who said Nate Grey was crucial to anything ? Not me.
Want a gay character create one, stop trying to shoe horn SJW themes into established properties. It drives people away. Just like when DC made Alan Scott (OG Green Lantern) homo for no reason at all.
The allen Scott was deff a stunt but damn he was like everyone least favorite green lantern.

Although guy Gardner being gay would explain all that aggression he has.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
The allen Scott was deff a stunt but damn he was like everyone least favorite green lantern.

Although guy Gardner being gay would explain all that aggression he has.

he was a woman at a time too. so theres that

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
This is moving into philosophy. Genetically they are the same.

Being genetically doesn’t make you the same person. Experiences makes some one the person they are. It’s entirely possible for Nate Grey to be bi/gay, while Cable continues to be straight. They’re genetically the same but are not the same person like twins.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being genetically doesn’t make you the same person. Experiences makes some one the person they are. It’s entirely possible for Nate Grey to be bi/gay, while Cable continues to be straight. They’re genetically the same but are not the same person like twins.
I was just trying to make a bad joke.

An editor at marvel shot it down.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
i know, but the aoa verse exists due to young charles being dead. theres similarities, but their births are a nature vs nuture scenario. they arent the same person

because they dont want them. anole has been around and gay for a hot minute but they arent trying to read about him. they even tried attaching nightcrawler to him but it didnt stick
Shatterstar and Longshot are also a couple but PAD wrote them as human beings. Wolfsbane and Moonstar have always had a thing. Qasar and her alien gf are a couple. Even Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy kinda of make sense but I still hate that pairing.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
But when you ask people why there aren't more black characters, everyone wants to label YOU the racist :snoop:

More black characters are needed in comics. The problem is making sure that they're good characters who are actually interesting. Simply making a bunch of "diverse" characters just to pander without really giving them fleshed out character arcs and personalities isn't the way to go. That does nobody any favors

Since Cyclops was mentioned, I remember Claremont stating that he initially had Scott marry Madelyne Pryor in order to retire his character. They were supposed to fly off into the sunset and let other characters take the reins. Scott would return every now and again, but only for emergencies and catastrophic events. However, the higher-ups at Marvel saw an opportunity to franchise and wanted a sister-book that they could market, given Uncanny X-men's popularity. They retconned Jean's death behind Claremont's back (she was supposed to stay dead), and had Scott leave his wife and child in X-factor #1 (also not by Claremont). They waited until it was too late to veto or change anything before the books were released before telling Claremont what the plan was. At that time, he was so angry that he was ready to quit the book entirely.

The Inferno storyline and the subsequent character assassination of Madelyne Pryor (turning her into a crazed demonic supervillain who tried to sacrifice their infant son) was Claremont and Louise Simonson's attempt to resolve the whole mess.

This right here. Making a character "X" and just that does no one favors. Miles kinda has this problem, Spider-Gwen, Silk, Kamala, too. Know who avoided that fate? Gwenpool. Captain Marvel sucks and they knew what they were doing when they changed up her look.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Who does marvel and dc with this homo shyt think they are appealing too?
Why do they alienate straight boy audiences to cater to the 500 homo comic book buyers who wage twitter campaigns.
shyt like this is why US comic industry is dead.

shyt was dying anyway
I have a problem with fans being so influential in a characters development
But that’s the nature of the industry since it’s been a thing since Geoff Johns who I also dislike
Gay iceman was fanon from CBR

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
This right here. Making a character "X" and just that does no one favors. Miles kinda has this problem, Spider-Gwen, Silk, Kamala, too. Know who avoided that fate? Gwenpool. Captain Marvel sucks and they knew what they were doing when they changed up her look.
Black characters..well there is a lot of whining over the Riri push over there at CBR.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I have no problem with gay characters. What I have a problem with is making existing straight characters gay. Especially when those characters have been around for decades and have never had any hints of being gay whatsoever. If the gay community wants gay characters then encourage companies to create original characters who happen to be gay but it's not their identity.