They want to turn Nate Grey into a Homosexual.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the main reasons I stopped buying comics was because of the lack of black characters and the automatic pushback the community gave when new characters were introduced.

But when you ask people why there aren't more black characters, everyone wants to label YOU the racist :snoop:

More black characters are needed in comics. The problem is making sure that they're good characters who are actually interesting. Simply making a bunch of "diverse" characters just to pander without really giving them fleshed out character arcs and personalities isn't the way to go. That does nobody any favors.

Since Cyclops was mentioned, I remember Claremont stating that he initially had Scott marry Madelyne Pryor in order to retire his character. They were supposed to fly off into the sunset and let other characters take the reins. Scott would return every now and again, but only for emergencies and catastrophic events. However, the higher-ups at Marvel saw an opportunity to franchise and wanted a sister-book that they could market, given Uncanny X-men's popularity. They retconned Jean's death behind Claremont's back (she was supposed to stay dead), and had Scott leave his wife and child in X-factor #1 (also not by Claremont). They waited until it was too late to veto or change anything before the books were released before telling Claremont what the plan was. At that time, he was so angry that he was ready to quit the book entirely.

The Inferno storyline and the subsequent character assassination of Madelyne Pryor (turning her into a crazed demonic supervillain who tried to sacrifice their infant son) was Claremont and Louise Simonson's attempt to resolve the whole mess.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nate Grey was a cult favorite who had a 75 issue run..only Wolverine had more as a singles X character. People have campaigned for his full time return for years. Instead they give us weak ass Cable and brought Nate back in 09 with like 1/4 of his strength so he didn't overshadow Sentry at the time. Scust.
Cult favortie does not equal $$$$$$$

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
One of the main reasons I stopped buying comics was because of the lack of black characters and the automatic pushback the community gave when new characters were introduced.
Yeah I outgrew the medium and I got tired of shytty stories and constant reboots and inconsistant characterizations.
That is why I simply moved over to manga.
Hell I've been reading Berserk since 2004. I think DC had 2 or 3 reboots during that time period. And Berserk first started in fukking 1988.

You read One Piece, its 20+ years running. Read Naruto from the beginning to the end of the story and now I'm reading Boruto. Read bleach from the beginning to the end. This is what American comics should have branched into, but they didn't, and it has killed their audience and consumer base. Now they are stuck on idiotic stunts.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Then what does it matter what happens to his character?
Where did I post specifically about the Nate Grey character?
I specifically said this was an indictment of the industry, hence my first post referencing DC and Marvel and their continuation in alienating their core demographic with the forced homo shyt of established charcters.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But when you ask people why there aren't more black characters, everyone wants to label YOU the racist :snoop:

More black characters are needed in comics. The problem is making sure that they're good characters who are actually interesting. Simply making a bunch of "diverse" characters just to pander without really giving them fleshed out character arcs and personalities isn't the way to go. That does nobody any favors.

Since Cyclops was mentioned, I remember Claremont stating that he initially had Scott marry Madelyne Pryor in order to retire his character. They were supposed to fly off into the sunset and let other characters take the reins. Scott would return every now and again, but only for emergencies and catastrophic events. However, the higher-ups at Marvel saw an opportunity to franchise and wanted a sister-book that they could market, given Uncanny X-men's popularity. They retconned Jean's death behind Claremont's back (she was supposed to stay dead), and had Scott leave his wife and child in X-factor #1 (also not by Claremont). They waited until it was too late to veto or change anything before the books were released before telling Claremont what the plan was. At that time, he was so angry that he was ready to quit the book entirely.

The Inferno storyline and the subsequent character assassination of Madelyne Pryor (turning her into a crazed demonic supervillain who tried to sacrifice their infant son) was Claremont and Louise Simonson's attempt to resolve the whole mess.
That is the funniest part. How did they not think this would make character look horrible. It shows a lack of respect to there audience at the time. Though at that time it was mostly kids who bought them.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where did I post specifically about the Nate Grey character?
I specifically said this was an indictment of the industry, hence my first post referencing DC and Marvel and their continuation in alienating their core demographic with the forced homo shyt of established charcters.
There core demo buys the same comics and the same big event comics they have been buying since house of M.
Nate grey played no part in any of them.
They picked him because no one really cares about him. Sorry to say.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Cable is from marvel 616 and nate is from age of apock. Not twins they are the same person.

Extra: that means strife is gay since he is closer to nate.

But this all falls back to the bad parent Cyclops who abandoned his wife and son for a woman who looks just like her.

They’re not the same because Nate Grey is a test tube baby. Cable is the son of Scott and his mistress. Plus they’re from realities. Be like saying Blood Storm and Storm are the same person. Or ultimate Logan and 616 Logan are the same.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
There core demo buys the same comics and the same big event comics they have been buying since house of M.
Nate grey played no part in any of them
Their core demo is getting smaller and smaller as the link I posted tells you. They compensate by reaiing pricing but its still isn't helping, they are in the death spiral.
Who said Nate Grey was crucial to anything ? Not me.
Want a gay character create one, stop trying to shoe horn SJW themes into established properties. It drives people away. Just like when DC made Alan Scott (OG Green Lantern) homo for no reason at all.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They’re not the same because Nate Grey is a test tube baby. Cable is the son of Scott and his mistress. Plus they’re from realities. Be like saying blood storm is the same as 616 Storm.
This is moving into philosophy. Genetically they are the same.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
There core demo
buys the same comics and the same big event comics they have been buying since house of M.
Nate grey played no part in any of them.

he doesnt play in those series because hes too powerful. its the same way they dont use franklin richards, or they dumb down sentry. stories need conflict and its hard to do that with god characters. it doesnt say anything about his popularity

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is the funniest part. How did they not think this would make character look horrible. It shows a lack of respect to there audience at the time. Though at that time it was mostly kids who bought them.

IMO, the book started falling off when they brought Jean Grey back. There are a couple of bright spots like Mutant Massacre and the original Genosha story, but none of that quite lived up to the greatness of the Cockrum/Byrne/Smith years IMO.

At least there's always manga to keep a breh fed. Fullmetal Alchemist, Jojo's, One Piece >

Yeah I outgrew the medium and I got tired of ______y stories and constant reboots and inconsistent characterizations.
That is why I simply moved over to manga. Hell I've been reading Berserk since 2004. I think DC had 2 or 3 reboots during that time period. And Berserk first started in ____ing 1988.

You read One Piece, its 20+ years running. Read Naruto from the beginning to the end of the story and now I'm reading Boruto. Read bleach from the beginning to the end. This is what American comics should have branched into, but they didn't, and it has killed their audience and consumer base. Now they are stuck on idiotic stunts.

Sad, but true. The problem is that a lot of today's books are trying way too hard to be Watchmen. They're too caught up on appealing to the 30-40 year old nerds like us who have been reading comics forever instead of keeping them accessible for anyone to jump into, especially kids.

For example, there's Doctor Who. He's always on new adventures and seeing and doing different things. There's a rich history behind the character, but you don't have to know everything to jump in. Stories have their beginning, middle, and end, and the characters move on. Every fan has their 'era', so the fans come and go, but the series is still aimed at all ages. There are references and easter eggs for OG fans, but they aren't hinging everything on stories from the 60s and 70s and appealing solely to the fans of that time period.

Last edited: