They said KD and CURRY cancel each other out of the mvp race when they was together

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
EVEN IF BRON GETS 7, HE WAS 3/9 IN HIS PRIME .. THE GOAT SHIP HAS SAILED FOR HIM MAYN. AT THIS POINT HE CAN CEMENT HIMSELF IN THE TOP 10 AT BEST.. WINNING RINGS BEHIND AD ISNT GUNA PUT HIM ABOVE THE DEFINITIVE GOATS KOBE MJ KAREEM MAGIC.
As far as i'm concerned, Unless you win a finals MVP in your rookie season, or go 6 for 6 in the finals, or become the leagues all time leading scorer you never passing Magic, Kareem or MJ.

But didn't Kobe win rings behind Shaq though? :whoa:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
As far as i'm concerned, Unless you win a finals MVP in your rookie season, or go 6 for 6 in the finals, or become the leagues all time leading scorer you never passing Magic, Kareem or MJ.

KOBE WON RINGS WIT SHAQ NOT BEHIND HIM .. JUST LIKE MAGIC WON RINGS WIT KAREEM

BUT WHAT MAKES KOBE A SPECIAL CASE IS THAT HE ALSO WON RINGS WIT PAU GASOL AS HIS SECOND OPTION, WHICH WAS A MUCH LESSER SECOND OPTION THAN THE OTHER THREE EVER HAD FOR THEIR CHAMPIONSHIP SQUADS.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
OP forgot to mention that lebron is leading the league in assists, but don't let a good narrative get in the way of facts.

RONDO LEAD THE LEAGUE IN ASSISTS FOR MOST HIS CAREER .. THATS A BYPRODUCT OF BEING THE POINT GUARD ON A GREAT TEAM. HIS POINTS REBOUNDS STEALS AND EFFICIENCY IS STILL DOWN FROM LAST YEAR.. AD IS THE MVP, PERIOD.

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
It doesn’t matter to me if ad the mvp or lebron just don’t leave out facts to shape a narrative
:yeshrug:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
THIS IS VERY TRUE.. ANTHONY DAVIS IS CLEARLY THE DIFFERENCE ON OUR TEAM, BUT LEBRON GETS ALL THE GLORY. SAME SHIIT DIFF YEAR.

THATS NOT TO SAY BRON AINT BALLIN, BUT HES A SECONDARY PIECE ON A CHAMPIONSHIP SQUAD AT THIS POINT IN HIS CAREER.

MEDIA JUST WANTS HIM TO GET IT CUZ THEY ON THAT NUTSACK SINCE 03 AND CANT GET ENOUGH.

lol he's a laker now stop all the hate for him. But yeah to the OP they should keep the same energy with lebron and AD like they did curry and KD. But lebron isn't going to win the MVP anyway

LebronsJumper

All Star
Daps

Winning a finals MVP as a rookie is a stroke of huge luck, you get drafted by one of the worst teams in the NBA and unless they make huge moves the year you come into the league, you aren't going to do anything

unless you demand a trade to an elite team, ride the bench and get carried for a few years :coffee:

idk who would do that though

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Winning a finals MVP as a rookie is a stroke of huge luck, you get drafted by one of the worst teams in the NBA and unless they make huge moves the year you come into the league, you aren't going to do anything

unless you demand a trade to an elite team, ride the bench and get carried for a few years :coffee:

idk who would do that though
Being the best player on a championship team is not a "stroke of luck":gucci:

Being drafted to a championship team as a rookie can be considered luck i'll give you that, but every team still drafts rookie's. The rookie of the year isn't always the number the 1 pick that goes to a shytty team. If Kahwi had lived up to his potential as quickly as Magic did, he could've won a chip and finals MVP his rookie year with the spurs pretty easily. They were just younger versions of the same people he won with later in his career.

Magic did the "impossible" because he was playing at an all star level from day 1. that's not luck.

LebronsJumper

All Star
Daps
Being the best player on a championship team is not a "stroke of luck":gucci:

Being drafted to a championship team as a rookie can be considered luck i'll give you that, but every team still drafts rookie's. The rookie of the year isn't always the number the 1 pick that goes to a shytty team. If Kahwi had lived up to his potential as quickly as Magic did, he could've won a chip and finals MVP his rookie year with the spurs pretty easily. They were just younger versions of the same people he won with later in his career.

Magic did the "impossible" because he was playing at an all star level from day 1. that's not luck.
Magic was drafted by a 47 win playoff team

who was the last first overall pick that was drafted to a team with that many wins

Not saying it was all luck, but he didn't get drafted by a 17 win Cavs team :mjlol:

and i should have clarified, im only talking about first overall picks, so Kawhi is a different situation

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Magic was drafted by a 47 win playoff team

who was the last first overall pick that was drafted to a team with that many wins

Not saying it was all luck, but he didn't get drafted by a 17 win Cavs team :mjlol:

and i should have clarified, im only talking about first overall picks, so Kawhi is a different situation
Did you read what i said? Kahwi Leonard defeats your argument. You don't have to be a number 1 overall to be drafted by a championship team.
Nor do all Final MVP caliber players get drafted number 1. Kahwi won a chip with the Spurs. Why didn't he win finals MVP his rookie year?
Because he wasn't as good as Magic.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
EVEN IF BRON GETS 7, HE WAS 3/9 IN HIS PRIME .. THE GOAT SHIP HAS SAILED FOR HIM MAYN. AT THIS POINT HE CAN CEMENT HIMSELF IN THE TOP 10 AT BEST.. WINNING RINGS BEHIND AD ISNT GUNA PUT HIM ABOVE THE DEFINITIVE GOATS KOBE MJ KAREEM MAGIC.
All of them but Jordan (and Bron so far) have won rings as the secondary option. A title this year would be Bron possibly winning as the 2nd option but the distance between Bron/AD wouldn't compare to Kobe/Shaq 2000