They Having Funerals at the club now ....NO CASKET!!! I done seen it all!!!

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
This got me thinking about Bernie Mack and Samuel Jackson in the movie "Soul Men", when they had the late legendary singer's body, played by John Legend, on display at a home going concert. I didn't find that film all that amusing. It was all based on getting together to attend a former group members funeral. Plus I remember the song "I'm Your Puppet". That song always sounded kinda sad, but not sad like this movie made it sound.

LOL this was the best part of Soul Men :russ:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Celebration of life.

How our people used to operate during a transition.

I wouldn’t mind having a second line New Orleans type funeral

Facts. But you got a bunch of nikkas all spooked out in here :mjlol:

Granted, I can understand how this might be a big WTF image to a lotta folks. I thought they were just gonna pull him up in a casket, I wasn’t expecting them to have his whole body posted up :skip:

Definitely didn’t expect this from DC tho

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Mid.
they should have animatronic
chuckie cheesed that nikka.
:beli:

UKVu0t8.gif

Five Nights at Freddy's......:damn:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I'm learning this deceased rapper who went by the name Goonew, got killed on Walters Lane in District Heights, right in front of the store me and my brother use to go to get our beer. My brother had moved right off of Walters Lane in '85. The neighborhood was nice then, but it slowly started to change around the early 90's. This area use to remind me a little of how Atlanta was in the mid 90's, with a lot of cool Black people. Man did that change (and so did Atlanta). But the Walters Lane area didn't get as bad as Marlboro Pike, especially the part near Jerry's Subs, close to the SE line, when they flooded that section with drugs. By the time Goonew was born, that section of Marlboro Pike wasn't as drug infested like it once was, but it was still the hood. It looks like that whole area on up to Pennsylvania Ave and the Watlers Lane intersection, done went back to the dumps.

Btw, District Heights is where I lived before I moved to Atlanta. I use to stop an Penn Mar Shopping Center to buy a Luxe-T T-Shirt every time I'd take a trip home, until I came back to my car one visit, and found all my hook-caps gone. Haven't stopped there while visiting since. I still think it was someone from my old neighborhood, which I never did visit. I hated that neighborhood, and the crime in that area, although it was a new subdivision. I think I was the only one living there that had a White Collar job. I remember a brother got robbed and murdered in our subdivision, and a lot people on my IT job thought I would be next, especially since I lived alone. But I still felt bad vibes in that subdivision.

Anyway, I would have never thought they'd be displaying anybody's corpse at a nightclub. I knew the area changed even more since I left, but I didn't think it would changed like this.

Last edited: