They Having Funerals at the club now ....NO CASKET!!! I done seen it all!!!

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I'm learning this deceased rapper who went by the name Goonew, got killed on Walters Lane in District Heights, right in front of the store me and my brother use to go to get our beer. My brother had moved right off of Walters Lane in '85. The neighborhood was nice then, but it slowly started to change around the early 90's. This area use to remind me a little of how Atlanta was in the mid 90's, with a lot of cool Black people. Man did that change (and so did Atlanta). But the Walters Lane area didn't get as bad as Marlboro Pike, especially the part near Jerry's Subs, close to the SE line, when they flooded that section with drugs. By the time Goonew was born, that section of Marlboro Pike wasn't as drug infested like it once was, but it was still the hood. It looks like that whole area on up to Pennsylvania Ave and the Watlers Lane intersection, done went back to the dumps.

Btw, District Heights is where I lived before I moved to Atlanta. I use to stop an Penn Mar Shopping Center to buy a Luxe-T T-Shirt every time I'd take a trip home, until I came back to my car one visit, and found all my hook-caps gone. Haven't stopped there while visiting since. I still think it was someone from my old neighborhood, which I never did visit. I hated that neighborhood, and the crime in that area, although it was a new subdivision. I think I was the only one living there that had a White Collar job. I remember a brother got robbed and murdered in our subdivision, and a lot people on my IT job thought I would be next, especially since I lived alone. But I still felt bad vibes in that subdivision.

Anyway, I would have never thought they'd be displaying anybody's corpse at a nightclub. I knew the area changed even more since I left, but I didn't think it would changed like this.

Yeah that whole Forest Creek area (Walters Lane/Pennsylvania Ave) has been on some major goon shyt since the late 90’s if not earlier. That particular corner store Goonew got murdered in front of has always been The Trap for as long as I can remember. Matter of fact, the whole shopping center right next to the store usually be having them Creek boys chillin over 100+ deep in the parking lot on warmer days. I used to get my hair cut as a yungin at the barbershop over there (don’t know if it’s still standing…Rest In Power to my go-to barber Sean). You’re also risking it all if you ever think about pulling up to the BP gas station or the McDonald’s in the same shopping center :whoa: I used to live in Suitland, Forest Creek, Silver Hill Rd, Eastern Ave (DC side), and Walker Mill….Forest Creek wayyyy too ghetto and gutta for me, I’m glad me and the fam didn’t stay around there too long growing up :huhldup: Truly one of the worst, if not THE worst, hoods in PG County.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Yeah that whole Forest Creek area (Walters Lane/Pennsylvania Ave) has been on some major goon shyt since the late 90’s if not earlier. That particular corner store Goonew got murdered in front of has always been The Trap for as long as I can remember. Matter of fact, the whole shopping center right next to the store usually be having them Creek boys chillin over 100+ deep in the parking lot on warmer days. I used to get my hair cut as a yungin at the barbershop over there (don’t know if it’s still standing…Rest In Power to my go-to barber Sean). You’re also risking it all if you ever think about pulling up to the BP gas station or the McDonald’s in the same shopping center :whoa: I used to live in Suitland, Forest Creek, Silver Hill Rd, Eastern Ave (DC side), and Walker Mill….Forest Creek wayyyy too ghetto and gutta for me, I’m glad me and the fam didn’t stay around there too long growing up :huhldup: Truly one of the worst, if not THE worst, hoods in PG County.
I remember that McDonalds and that shopping center. You're right, that whole scene went for bad.