They have jobs, but no homes. Inside America’s unseen homelessness crisis.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
Could have been me a few years ago when right after Covid, the prop management company sold the apartments to someone else and the new folks jacked the rent up by $400 by the end of my lease (within about two months).

I had to leave the job I had since I was only making $50k a year and scramble to find something better within a month.

Now rent is so stupid high everywhere, no way I could get a new place by myself. I don't make enough for a down payment and my credit is shot.

SMH.
Shyt CRAZY, bruh.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Why would u stay @ a job in a state/city that you can't afford?

Never here about homeless people in Iowa or cold ass places where it cheap
Just because you don’t hear about them doesn’t mean that they’re there. It just means that they don’t get as much attention as other cities.

Moving isn’t cheap at all especially when you’re going to a new place that you’re not familiar with.

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
I personally think if you’re working a public service job, you should be paid enough to afford a two bedroom home win the zip code that job is located :yeshrug:

If that means some teachers gonna be making 500k and some firefighters getting 1 mil+ fukk it:yeshrug:

I know it’s probably not possible at all but it’s just how I feel

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
We should eliminate housing from the capitalist system. Having a roof over your head should be a right not a privilege.
The real estate industry should only earn money off the wealthy who want to live in excess, mansions, fine condos, ect
but small single family homes should be only cost as much as the resident can afford, and the mortgage be adjusted according to their income.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Cohabitation seems like it will he key to surviving the future.

The white man really trying to get people back into prison

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Neither of them...:mjlol:

#BOTHSIDES :troll:
Havnt heard either candidate say "the poor" "the less fortunate" "low income earners".

Kamala first speech post trump shooting was directed at the middle class.

People better be prepared to do things Mexican style and live 5 -10 deep in an apartment to stack money.

Someone in the family has to be the glue to mediate internal beefs and get people working together. Mama gonna have to not kick out the kids at 18 so she can love her life and get plowed.

Dudes hitting 18 gonna have to knock hat knuckleheads shyt out if they want to be in the unit. Other then that should be smooth sailing

Last edited: