They got Chapo Guzman, Sinola Cartel Leader

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
He has. El Chapo used informants in the past from his organization to help the FEDS take out other cartels, so he could rise to the top. They gonna make a movie about this. This is bigger then when Pablo Escobar got captured.

Escobar was supposed to be top dog, then he got caught. Be it a blessing or a curse the world got El Chapo and he surpassed Esco. Now El Chapo has been caught :stopitslime:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Honestly, I think the US government has no more use for duke. It's well documented that the Sinaloa were working with the feds and giving info on other cartels. For TEN YEARS :damn: and in the same time, they took control of "Chiraq". How the hell do you "capture" somebody you brokered a deal with :comeon:

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
That's wrong. Read up on Amado Carillo Fuentes. He was at his peak the biggest weight mover Mexico ever saw. They seized $10 billion in bank accounts and properties from him after he died. And that's just what they found/were able to seize. Who knows what they missed.

The Lord of the Sky :wow: You know your shyt breh.

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
Honestly, I think the US government has no more use for duke. It's well documented that the Sinaloa were working with the feds and giving info on other cartels. For TEN YEARS :damn: and in the same time, they took control of "Chiraq". How the hell do you "capture" somebody you brokered a deal with :comeon:
deal was brokered w the cartel not him exclusively

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
This is nothing more then good publicity.. When you take out the leaders.. you create factions. which just means more bloodshed :beli:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
You guys are overplaying/over estimating any 'deal' or understanding, more of favors and exchanges of information, intel, counterintelligence….Not like he, or anyone else had a green light for trafficking, it's just the way the games played at those top levels, with senior DEA agents, as opposed to street narcs brokering deals and arrangements with corner boys….

El Senor Guzman, comparison to Carrillo Fuentes, maybe moved more product in a better time…but the former was a modern day war lord, conquering territories and consolidating networks from Europe to Australia….

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
El Senor Guzman, comparison to Carrillo Fuentes, maybe moved more product in a better time…but the former was a modern day war lord, conquering territories and consolidating networks from Europe to Australia….
That's a good point. It depends on how you see this, as either a weakness or a strength. Chapo wasn't fighting over territories(he wasn't replacing the state) in the proper sense of the word. He was fighting over drug corridors, which really means distribution rights. Carillo Fuentes bypassed all of that.

The level of violence in Mexico doesn't mean the cartels are strong, it means the cartels are weak. They have to use violence, they have to spend hundreds of millions if not billions into recruiting, paying and arming people, because they can't get their way otherwise. The G is too strong, the seizures are growing, it's getting harder and harder to make a profit so the market is shrinking. That's why they're fighting amongst themselves for a larger piece of a smaller pie. I would guess the majority of a cartel's income is spent on police/government bribes and maintaining their armies.

The Russian and Italian mobs are stronger than the cartels, because they make just as much money but with far, far less violence, and they have far more political influence.

Last edited:

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
That's a good point. It depends on how you see this, as either a weakness or a strength. Chapo wasn't fighting over territories(he wasn't replacing the state) in the proper sense of the word. He was fighting over drug corridors, which really means distribution rights. Carillo Fuentes bypassed all of that.

The level of violence in Mexico doesn't mean the cartels are strong, it means the cartels are weak. They have to use violence, they have to spend hundreds of millions if not billions into recruiting, paying and arming people, because they can't get their way otherwise. The G is too strong, the seizures are growing, it's getting harder and harder to make a profit so the market is shrinking. That's why they're fighting amongst themselves for a larger piece of a smaller pie. I would guess the majority of a cartel's income is spent on police/government bribes and maintaining their armies.

The Russian and Italian mobs are stronger than the cartels, because they make just as much money but with far, far less violence, and they have far more political influence.

Good point, but you replied to the wrong person. Might wanna fix that breh.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
False.

El Chapo is bigger than all them dudes, and adjusted for inflation its possible escobar might as SLIGHTED him out, but he damn sure didn't blow him out of the water. Given adjustments, i'd say Chapo is bigger since the market never really shrank

Chapo was only worth $1 billion. Escobar was worth $3 billion.

Half the members of the Medellin Cartel was worth billions of dollars. Are there several billionaires in the Sinaloa Cartel besides Chapo?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
lol even cnn quoting gucci mane

This latest chapter in the drug lord's life will likely end up immortalized in lyrics, such as the corridos, or folk songs, sung about him in Mexico. And the idolization crossed the border north. Consider the lyrics of rapper Gucci Mane's 2012 song:

All I wanna be is El Chapo

Fully automatic slice your auto

Three billion dollars in pesos

And when I meet him I'mma tell him bravo

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...it's also priceless they nab El Chapo just as Telemundo's about to premiere La Viuda Negra (Griselda Blanco's story) this week:banderas:

Last edited: