They coming at John Boyega's neck for saying Game of Thrones lacks black characters

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I just remembered something. We had a show like Underground that was more Prison Break than 12 Years A Slave but no one watched it and even the thread in The Film Room was dead by the time it got cancelled so I don't know how an "African Game of Thrones" would do.

We even have a black show now in Power but look at the ratings difference in the spoiler. And Power has someone from every race in it at this point.
Final-Cable-2017-Jul-16.SUN_.png

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
The show/book is based losely on England and the war of the Roses.

That's why their aren't many black people. Because during this time parts of Europe didn't know about Africa and Asia. Black people are apart of the universe off game of thrones. The summer isles is basically black and it suggested/ Rumored that sothoryos is Africa.

Sothoryos

DCSpinerz

Banned
Daps
I don't know why my people want to be included in cac shows that are written by racist cac people. Then again I remember last year white people were complaining about the lack of white people in the Luke Cage Netflix series.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I don't know why my people want to be included in cac shows that are written by racist cac people. Then again I remember last year white people were complaining about the lack of white people in the Luke Cage Netflix series.

Wait for Black Panther, the fukkery will be :laff:

WHERE ARE THE WYPIPO IN WAKANDA!!!!!
020909d56f4dbc9d107757ce3253e49a.gif

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Black nerds really are doing a disservice to the culture.
I mean John made a good point but here come the nikka nerds to shyt all over his point about diversity(GOT has black characters but they are minor characters like grey worm and missandei)
Overall I hate these discussions because its almost always split down the middle with people happy to have something and those who want more

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
There actually is a black race in the game of thrones universe, however, the show centers around westeros which is based of medieval Europe which means majority of the cast will be white, which is perfectly fine. If ppl really want to see a black race represented in the fantasy genre, push for a elder scrolls movie or something. The Redguards from Hammerfell are easily the coolest depiction of a black race in the entire fantasy genre.

Last edited:

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
They are still like 70% of the population. Even so, why beg white people for legitimacy? It's nauseating. I don't need to be recognized by a white person for me to feel good about myself.

and within the context of Game of Thrones, it's a show about a culture that is unquestionably "white," so people get mad when white people insert themselves into the histories of others, but also get mad when they make movies and shows about their own? Enough already.

If the show is all white. And you as a black or whatever minority are still watching it, they have zero incentive to change. :yeshrug:

So logically speaking the solution would be to not even watch these shows. And in doing that, you wouldn't even know what's going on the show to complain about it.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
If the show is all white. And you as a black or whatever minority are still watching it, they have zero incentive to change. :yeshrug:

So logically speaking the solution would be to not even watch these shows. And in doing that, you wouldn't even know what's going on the show to complain about it.

Yeah I don't watch it. Never even seen an episode. Normally I'm into that sort of fantasy setting but I hear it prioritizes sex and violence over everything which isn't really appealing to me when I'm watching fantasy.

But it seems like these days people are more concerned with what race the actors are over what these shows are actually about.