They coming at John Boyega's neck for saying Game of Thrones lacks black characters

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
White people are still the majority in this country so that's only natural.

All this fukking whining, not only from black people, but now Asians and Latinos are starting to get in on the act too. shyt is getting tired.

I used to follow this line of logic, but then I went to South Africa (10% white, 80% black) and immediately noticed how white and Eurocentric the television is there. It's even more in your face blatantly pro-white than American media (all white main characters, cac fakkits running around in blackface and every black character being a maid/farmhand/useless object in the periphery). I don't care for some of these complaints, but it has little to do with demographics and everything to do with white hegemony and narcissism. The power is in their hands so they're going to do what they want to do. 40 million people (Black Americans) is a very significant demographic even in a country of 300 million.

I agree though that us non-cacs should just try to make our own shyt.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
innaccurate description

still forgot the pirate lord, fakkit

:skip:

How is it inaccurate? Dude was vile, his whole plot line was to run a jux on Dany for a come up. He's a corrupt and greedy b*stard that turned on his own team, turned one of Dany's servants, and had some of her people killed. That's a fukkin' con man, b.

TheCPA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Montreal, Canada
I don't expect to see black people in GOT and i don't cared, the show is good to watch plain and simple and we should stop begging white people to be include in everything, that's humiliating at this point, black hollywood have enough money to create a historical black TV series but we're stuck with the same empire and power hip hop tv shows bullshyt, don't blame white people if we don't have enough ambitions to do the same

Selfish

Banned
Daps
I'm a fan...well, not reall a fan so much anymore but ive seen every episode of GOT. And honestly, ive never watched game of thrones and thought "man this needs more black characters". The characters are who they are. The story takes place where it takes place, and I think only 1 area of the GOT Universe is all black (which isn't included in the show, only referenced by name from time to time and 1 character, black, who had a significant role). But there are a few black characters, the Queens general basically is a black guy. And his wife, the queens "hand maiden" and right hand bff is black. Game of Thrones doesn't need that many black characters to work, TBH. And that's pretty much all it boils down to.
Exactly.
I mean if nikkas is mad take it up with the Author of the books :russ:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
The Targs actually represent the Black people in this show.
The Dragons represent the Moors. so yes more black people could have been cast.
But I'm not sweating it like that

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
The Targs actually represent the Black people in this show.
The Dragons represent the Moors. so yes more black people could have been cast.
But I'm not sweating it like that
The targs represent Mongolians. Y'all reaching, ain't no blacks in it besides the slaves.

The damn creators are doing a damn white supremacy fantasy show about " what if we kept slavery in America "

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm not really for telling other people how to create the stories they make. Let them do what they do and if you don't like it don't support it.

That being said he's right.

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
UK blacks do not believe white supremacy is real. They see it as whining. Not only that but they identify with the English A LOT and assimilate their best into their culture. This is no longer surprising to me.

So many generalisations in one post- where to start?? :jbhmm:

1) UK black people, the same black people who were faced with notices that said "no dogs, no Irish, no blacks" or something to that effect, do not believe that white supremacy is real? :patrice:

2) The same black people who oversaw the Brixton Riot in 1981 and the more recent London Riots in 2011 claim that calling out the injustices they've suffered as a result of white supremacy is just "whining"? :gucci:

3) UK black people who don't even have a united black identity in the U.K. because they prefer to associate with their country of origin are now the same people who prefer to identify with English people? I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen black people over here refer to themselves as 'English'. :stopitslime:

I've noticed that a lot of people on this site are completely fine with generalising other groups of black people here but will get upset if the same is done to them. Neither is acceptable.

Fwiw, I disagree with John Boyega but he hasn't said anything new neither has he said anything that hasn't already been said by other black actors/actresses.

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
So many generalisations in one post- where to start?? :jbhmm:

1) UK black people, the same black people who were faced with notices that said "no dogs, no Irish, no blacks" or something to that effect, do not believe that white supremacy is real? :patrice:

2) The same black people who oversaw the Brixton Riot in 1981 and the more recent London Riots in 2011 claim that calling out the injustices they've suffered as a result of white supremacy is just "whining"? :gucci:

3) UK black people who don't even have a united black identity in the U.K. because they prefer to associate with their country of origin are now the same people who prefer to identify with English people? I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen black people over here refer to themselves as 'English'. :stopitslime:

I've noticed that a lot of people on this site are completely fine with generalising other groups of black people here but will get upset if the same is done to them. Neither is acceptable.

OP is right. Black Brits refer to themselves as British though rather than African-Brit (or similar). Black Brit is used at a push when the distinction actually makes a difference (like as part of a political point) BUT almost never (ever) as African-Brit unless they (or their family) have recently arrived from Africa.

50% of black males (or thereabouts) are in a mixed relationship so the level of mixing is high. There is and was little to no slavery in the UK and no KKK/Civil Rights/Sundown towns/segregation/etc etc etc. So the surface animosity is NOT at the level that you have in the states. Even now there is less segregation and in the big cities almost no one takes notice of mixed friends or couples. The US norm where you lead with cultural / racial affiliation first and person next is almost absent from UK public life.

Under those circumstances where socially many people are fine with each other many blacks do not subscribe to the notion that 'Whites are evil". The system stymies blacks economically but as economical achievement is not the be-all and end-all of life as it is in the states many people will not even notice this. As this economy changes this is becoming more noticeable but it is still far from widespread.

In short "White Supremacy" is not a belief that has gained more than negligible traction in the UK and to be fair, the more logical mind of the Brit would find it hard to use a term which embodies the very notion that it is supposed to be fighting. "White Ideology" maybe, "White Paranoia" perhaps, 'White
Supremacy" NEVER.

If you ask the average black person in England/the UK "what" they are they will say "British". End of story.