These new gen games are lackluster so far

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
ok lets try this again... playing time = the amount of time playing it

On launch day, I bought a PS5 for $500. I been playing it ever since....... Sometime this year or maybe next.... Some fool will also pay $500 for the same exact fukking thing...

Yet you'd say he "won" and I was "stupid" Even though, we both spent the exact same amount. I just got an extra year or two out of mine.

Now if you can cop one for $350 in 2 years, you MIGHT have a point. But then I'd say "$150 dollars was worth 2 extra years of playing it"

Get it?
what you do to justify a purchase isn't some blanket catch-all though. and a lot of the reasons people were forcing are stupid. its not a personal insult to anyone.

"i will purchase a new console only for next gen exclusive titles im interested in" is an example of something that had people twisted the fukk up irrationally.
I'm at Souls stan and Demon Souls was worth every cent
see ^this makes perfect sense. Souls brehs got what they wanted. This isn't stupid at all.

outside of that..... spending for an upgrade you don't need yet is spending just to be spending. and for some people that's just not making sense. getting a whole new console for marginal performance differences on games that you already have that people had no problems with playing until sony's marketing decided otherwise? that ain't working on everybody.

its actually wild how so many people just picked up and ran with "reduced load times :krs:" like it was some dramatic show stopper that plagued last gen games top to bottom.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
what you do to justify a purchase isn't some blanket catch-all though. and a lot of the reasons people were forcing are stupid. its not a personal insult to anyone.

"i will purchase a new console only for next gen exclusive titles im interested in" is an example of something that had people twisted the fukk up irrationally.

see ^this makes perfect sense. Souls brehs got what they wanted. This isn't stupid at all.

outside of that..... spending for an upgrade you don't need yet is spending just to be spending. and for some people that's just not making sense. getting a whole new console for marginal performance differences on games that you already have that people had no problems with playing until sony's marketing decided otherwise? that ain't working on everybody.

its actually wild how so many people just picked up and ran with "reduced load times :krs:" like it was some dramatic show stopper that plagued last gen games top to bottom.

Yeah if Souls wasn't coming out with it I would have waited a year probably, that being said, going from the OG PS4 to PS5 and playing PS4 games I never got around to beating has been nice

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

So you have no problem with a Soul's player getting what they want.....

But if I value the minimal upgrade, the few new games, the better framerates, the better controller AND reduced load times..... Well that's not good enough for your blanket reasons why I SHOULD want it? Who made you the reason judge?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So you have no problem with a Soul's player getting what they want.....

But if I value the minimal upgrade, the few new games, the better framerates, the better controller AND reduced load times..... Well that's not good enough for your blanket reasons why I SHOULD want it? Who made you the reason judge?
if you value those things and others don't, then why are you confused when others again say they don't :gucci: trying to sell people on shyt they don't care about is stupid.

what some of yal are doing is trying to convince people to care about stuff they stated upfront are nonstarters - then turning around and complaining about not having shyt to play like its a surprise or something.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
ok lets try this again... playing time = the amount of time playing it

On launch day, I bought a PS5 for $500. I been playing it ever since....... Sometime this year or maybe next.... Some fool will also pay $500 for the same exact fukking thing...

Yet you'd say he "won" and I was "stupid" Even though, we both spent the exact same amount. I just got an extra year or two out of mine.

Now if you can cop one for $350 in 2 years, you MIGHT have a point. But then I'd say "$150 dollars was worth 2 extra years of playing it"

Get it?
But what exactly are you playing? You aren't playing PS5 games still if you bought it at launch, that's for sure. I just bought mine 2 weeks ago and have barely touched it because there's nothing to play but old PS Now games, which I can play on PC already. I wish I stuck to my guns and didn't buy one at all; at least not yet

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Its a free to play VR game on steam called "DCS World"

but Ace Combat on PSVR is equally as dope

copped it on sale for 20 a few weeks ago

:wow:

I got a feeling "next gen" won't really arrive til 2022 when PSVR2 drops

I need Gran Turismo 7 fully playable in VR asap

:ohlawd:

The Oculus Quest 2 is a better purchase than a next gen system right now EASILY :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
The Oculus Quest 2 is a better purchase than a next gen system right now EASILY :yeshrug:
if u have a VR ready PC that you can hook up the Quest to enjoy things outside of Quest exclusives then I agree

also while we're on the topic

I don't really see why you couldn't be able to plug a Quest into a PS5

PS5 has that usb 3/VR ready slot.

Last edited:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
if u have a VR ready PC that you can hook up the Quest to enjoy things outside of Quest exclusives then I agree
Yea I been using the Shadow PC shyt for 2 years now, this App is a better purchase than a next gen system also right now :russ:.

I'm only mad that 2K used the last gen version for PC this year so I gotta get a PS5 sooner than later.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Yea I been using the Shadow PC shyt for 2 years now, this App is a better purchase than a next gen system also right now :russ:.

I'm only mad that 2K used the last gen version for PC this year so I gotta get a PS5 sooner than later.
Also

Naughty dog has been confirmed to be working on a VR title, so yeah, PS5 will have to be copped eventually. Can't imagine the type of visuals they'll bring to a VR title

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
if you value those things and others don't, then why are you confused when others again say they don't :gucci: trying to sell people on shyt they don't care about is stupid.

what some of yal are doing is trying to convince people to care about stuff they stated upfront are nonstarters - then turning around and complaining about not having shyt to play like its a surprise or something.
Why would I need to convince other people about something I'm happy about :jbhmm:

YOU came in here saying we were stupid for buying it. I asked you why. You haven't given me one valid reason to wait a year to pay the same amount of money for the same exact thing. Now if I paid triple the price or even $100 more, you MIGHT have a point. But most didn't. So I'm simply explaining why you're wrong. And you're simply telling me my reasons aren't good enough FOR YOU.

Who are you? :mjtf:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
But what exactly are you playing? You aren't playing PS5 games still if you bought it at launch, that's for sure. I just bought mine 2 weeks ago and have barely touched it because there's nothing to play but old PS Now games, which I can play on PC already. I wish I stuck to my guns and didn't buy one at all; at least not yet
Is it for sure? Cause I clearly also pitched GameFly, where I play all the games I want, all the time. My PSN is on here. You can see all the games I played and I'm not even close to done with my Q.

Y'all really living in 1998 out here

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Is it for sure? Cause I clearly also pitched GameFly, where I play all the games I want, all the time. My PSN is on here. You can see all the games I played and I'm not even close to done with my Q.

Y'all really living in 1998 out here
You clearly missed my point...I have PS Now, Gamepass Ultimate, EA Access, EA Origins for PC, etc. MY POINT IS, WHAT PS5 GAMES ARE YOU PLAYING? Even with Gamefly (you're living in the early 2000s, mailing games back and forth) THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH PS5 GAMES TO GAMEFLY FOR EVEN 2 MONTHS. You bought the console 4 months ago...

Last edited: