These dudes complaining about listening to Frank Ocean's music cuz he's bi

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
A lot of people have been outed/outed themselves, or have you been ignoring things? I don't expect a lot of people to out rappers because that would mean outting themselves. And as we can see from this thread and others, homosexuals in the black community are not accepted.

You grow up. You're like a kid who doesn't realize his daddy ain't shyt yet, a la Ricky Bobby. These dudes are gay. The whole concept of breaking into the music industry is gay. DOesn't make their artistry any better or worse.

Google "Trey Songz and Brandon Hines". Brandon Hines is my frat brother. Lord knows I wouldn't call him gay if I had doubts, but if everyone associated with that dudes knows he's gay and acknowledges it, then shyt...

I'm sorry but I don't believe it. I'm not gonna lie back when I was like 17 and I use to watch them youtube videos about selling your soul to devil, I might of believed but I've grown up now. shyt is fake, there is no baphomet, there are no gay rituals, there is no Illuminati.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
I'm sorry but I don't believe it. I'm not gonna lie back when I was like 17 and I use to watch them youtube videos about selling your soul to devil, I might of believed but I've grown up now. shyt is fake, there is no baphomet, there are no gay rituals, there is no Illuminati.
It's not about conspiracies. It's not even that complicated

Old white men control the music industry. Most of those dudes are gay as fukk. On most occasions, your most artistic people (fine arts, music, etc.) are those who live alternative/not so normal lifestyles. Go to any fine arts school on any campus, classes will be filled with weird MFs. Most of the reason why Frank Ocean is such a good writer is because of his experiences in life.

If getting into the music industry was all about talent or even who you knew, wouldn't there be a lot more people in it? There has to be something that's holding a lot of people back or making them shun away from it.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Old white men control the music industry. Most of those dudes are gay as fukk. On most occasions, your most artistic people (fine arts, music, etc.) are those who live alternative/not so normal lifestyles. Go to any fine arts school on any campus, classes will be filled with weird MFs. Most of the reason why Frank Ocean is such a good writer is because of his experiences in life.

I'mm not denying there's fakkits in the music industry but I don't agree that most musicians are gay or they are forced to do gay shyt.

If getting into the music industry was all about talent or even who you knew, wouldn't there be a lot more people in it? There has to be something that's holding a lot of people back or making them shun away from it.

Lol my dude, that is every industry. That's like me saying "You think all you have to have is talent to get in the nba, nah breh you gotta suck the head coaches dikk first, wouldn't there be a lot more people in it? There ......." . Some people fail, some people quit and some people are unlucky.

concise

Veteran
Daps
It's not about conspiracies. It's not even that complicated

Nah, man. Most of them ain't gay. There may be a greater %, but it's not because they all have to do it. There's only so many spots a label can give out from the money they can get. Not every talent will bring in money. :yeshrug:

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
man LOL at not believing some R&B singer likes to bang dudes. so obsessed with what people do behind closed doors. so sad, so small-minded. i have no clue why anyone would want to go through life bottling up hatred inside themselves. maybe you should focus on yourself instead of what consenting adults choose to do together.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Trey Songz being a switch hitter isn't that hard to believe though

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
I'mm not denying there's fakkits in the music industry but I don't agree that most musicians are gay or they are forced to do gay shyt.
Lol my dude, that is every industry. That's like me saying "You think all you have to have is talent to get in the nba, nah breh you gotta suck the head coaches dikk first, wouldn't there be a lot more people in it? There ......." . Some people fail, some people quit and some people are unlucky.
The NBA and music industry are nothing alike. Flawed logic. Sucking dikk won't make you the best high school player in the nation, won't make you the best college player. Those are the things that get you in the NBA

You can be the best singer in the world, still won't land you a spot on a label. I never said most musicians are gay. My only point is that black people seem to hold such a stigma of homosexuals when, in actuality, a lot of the dudes they hold in regard are gay/do homo shyt.

Edit: Why are we holding Richard Pryor in regard, but then refusing to listen to Frank Ocean. We listen to men who beat women, men who fukk trannies, men who prey on underage boys/girls and their naivety, but an open homosexual who actually is a bomb ass writer? :skip: Nah we off that.

SafeForWork

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So your friend had a choice in accepting those propositions? Was he raped? If the industry is colluded, and I tend to agree with you that I think it is, especially in terms of taking sexual advantage, is it still not a choice?

This isn't anything new to anyone but the uneducated. Look at Ancient Egyptian, Roman, Greek, Persian, Babylonian and even Hindu societies. Homosexuality was always present in the daily life of the affluent.

Those men still have a choice. If they are willing to sacrifice their morals and values to achieve fame, they never had those morals and values to being with.

I don't see it as good and evil. If you read my threads in the KTL/HL section, I've always claimed that I find homosexuality a mutation from the norm, biologically speaking.

This is merely a questioning about people's line of reasoning when it comes to boycotting or avoiding something based on what they think violates their moral compass.

Seems like you look at it from a live and let live perspective which is righteous, but like you asked me to see a coincidence in MJ sleeping with boys who were not his kin, I want you to see the coincidence in the sexual deviancy being done behind closed doors whether today or the stone age.

You said it's a biological defect, but the upper class deviancy is more like a fetish and I think your argument behind someone doing whatver for fame is flawed. Many disadvantaged people will compromise their morals to eat or for monetary gain. That is why the music industry and whatever industry that promotes deviant behavior to those who may not be familiar to it in exchange for wealth or whatever is suspect and should not be ignored on a live and let live basis.

Was he raped? That's a kind of disrespectful question but I don't think you meant it like that. No he was not raped but he was not in tune with that type of thing so he was shocked and dissappointed in the profession that he loves.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Why are some of ya'll so concerned with people accepting homosexuality? Some people just ain't down with that, me included.

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I give props to Frank for at least admitting to partaking in homosexual activities, unlike these other masquerading disgusting down-low fakkits.

As for Trey Songz...I don't like to throw around hypotheticals as absolute fact but I tend to believe where there's smoke there's fire and Trey has way too much smoke around him for me to confidently say he's completely straight.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I never heard any of this cat's music but if he's actually singing about making love to dudes then I'm definitely not interested

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Prince and MJ are straight and are a million times better than that overrated piece of trash Frank Ocean.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Why are some of ya'll so concerned with people accepting homosexuality? Some people just ain't down with that, me included.

This thread isn't really about accepting homosexuality, it's a line of questioning on where one draws the line in using/partaking in art/inventions created by homosexuals, bisexuals and the like. It's also about why some choose to ignore the signs that some of their favorite artists might also not be straight.

People say they want distance themselves from homosexuality and its creations, but do so on an invention largely attributed to a homosexual man. Why is one acceptable and another not?

It it a matter of convenience, timing, or just plain lack of knowledge? Is the Sistine Chapel or Pieta somehow to be banished or not seen as beautiful because its creator was homo?

I am asking simple philosophical question that anyone with a 8th grade introduction to critical thinking class might be able to answer, yet I have yet to receive one.