These are my confessions... (for the ladies)

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
A misdemeanor, butr at the time, i was charged with assault and fingerprinted x.x . And I'm honest, I have a job now (not much, but still a job regardless). But i never made it past interviews (i probably sucked and my clothing choices didn't help xD) and damn..I guess honesty does really make a difference.

I always overdress for interviews, even if it's just an initial written exam. The biggest thing employers are looking for is to find somebody that can get along with others and is honest. As long as you meet the minimum qualifications for the position itself, the rest can usually be taught onsite. Lot's of places actually prefer less experience in the field so that they can train you with their methods instead of bringing in somebody that will think they already know what to do.

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
I think a bunch of us have coli crushes... LOL:skip:
Ugh, why? A lot of these dudes are trash.
I always overdress for interviews, even if it's just an initial written exam. The biggest thing employers are looking for is to find somebody that can get along with others and is honest. As long as you meet the minimum qualifications for the position itself, the rest can usually be taught onsite. Lot's of places actually prefer less experience in the field so that they can train you with their methods instead of bringing in somebody that will think they already know what to do.
It's a double-edged sword; many places don't want to spend the time (and money) training people, yet they also don't want someone too experienced, as they don't want to pay them what they're worth.

It sucks, but that's the job market we're in right now, and businesses know it, so they are taking full advantage.

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Ugh, why? A lot of these dudes are trash

+1. My confession is that guys ain't about shyt, myself included lol.

It's a double-edged sword; many places don't want to spend the time (and money) training people, yet they also don't want someone too experienced, as they don't want to pay them what they're worth.

It sucks, but that's the job market we're in right now.

Yeah, this is why I usually try and sell them on my personality, dependability and efficiency first and foremost. There is definitely a fine line that you have to walk when selling people on your skillset.

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
1) White people annoy the fukk out of me; working with them exacerbates my dislike of them. I believe that most of them are grimy and dishonest and are always looking to get over on folks.

2) My biological clock hasn't started ticking, and I'm not sure if it ever will. I feel more emotions when I see a cute puppy than I do when I see babies.

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
1) White people annoy the fukk out of me; working with them exacerbates my dislike of them. I believe that most of them are grimy and dishonest and are always looking to get over on folks.
2) My biological clock hasn't started ticking, and I'm not sure if it ever will. I feel more emotions when I see a cute puppy than I do when I see babies.

You're not the only one. I feel the same way.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Here's another confession, I daydream way too much. I waste a lot of time doing it. I think it's very unhealthy. I act it out say, things out loud and everything. I didn't know what it was called until I saw a thread about it on lsa. It's called maladaptive day dreaming. I think that's what it is. I felt less crazy knowing that other people do it too. I still need to stop doing it though because I waste too much time.

I don't :queen:
Other people do this too? :ohhh:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Me too except for cats do that to me not puppies. :deadmanny:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
"There goes another white bytch taking our men"
"He must be too chicken shyt to marry a Black woman"
"I hope their babies come out with down syndrome"

You didn't answer the question. You said:

I don't "hate" black women, I just know what they are all about and they aren't for me as far as building a relationship goes.

In that context what are they all about?

Spence

Superstar
Daps
You didn't answer the question. You said:

I don't "hate" black women, I just know what they are all about and they aren't for me as far as building a relationship goes.

Is that context what are they all about?

Oh I thought you meant what are the comments directed to me were all about.

One of my biggest frustrations with Black women was the "I dont need a man to do anything for me" attitude but when they need help they are the loudest to bark out for it. Also not being any good at caretaking that I would expect from a female i.e. cook on occasion, get things for me when Im sick etc. Almost all of my political and secular views on life never line up with any black female I have met to date, not sure where that comes from but that goes for both my Mother, sisters, and Black women Ive dated/slept with.

Im also not a fan of the car payment they invest to upkeep their hair on a monthly basis.

Raava

Staff member
Daps

One of my biggest frustrations with Black women was the "I dont need a man to do anything for me" attitude but when they need help they are the loudest to bark out for it. Also not being any good at caretaking that I would expect from a female i.e. cook on occasion, get things for me when Im sick etc. Almost all of my political and secular views on life never line up with any black female I have met to date, not sure where that comes from but that goes for both my Mother, sisters, and Black women Ive dated/slept with.

Im also not a fan of the car payment they invest to upkeep their hair on a monthly basis.

I read earlier that, they shaped your views. Even if our family exhibits characteristics we don't like we find ourselves drawn to them in the people we choose. I'm sorry your mother was such a bad example for you, and you attract that type of person. You shouldn't generalized people based on your family and the ones you choose to date. Sounds ignorant and bitter. Date who you want, love who you want but don't put it on black women, those are your issues. Hopefully you can resolve the issues you have with the women in your family and not use that excuse as to that's how all black women are and why you don't date black women, it's bs.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps

I just want to personally thank you for not ruining some innocent black woman's life. May you have a prosperous marriage.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I read earlier that, they shaped your views. Even if our family exhibits characteristics we don't like we find ourselves drawn to them in the people we choose. I'm sorry your mother was such a bad example for you, and you attract that type of person. You shouldn't generalized people based on your family and the ones you choose to date. Sounds ignorant and bitter. Date who you want, love who you want but don't put it on black women, those are your issues. Hopefully you can resolve the issues you have with the women in your family and not use that excuse as to that's how all black women are and why you don't date black women, it's bs.
Is it really bs though? I chose to make sure black women werent for me by running a gauntlet during and post high school just to galvanize my views. I couldve easily written black women off and gone the complete opposite direction but I wouldve done myself a complete disservice living with a gigantic "what if/couldve". I hate that Im coming across on this thread as a person with pre-conceived notions but I cant really choose who my family is, being a victim of environment can be damning in many other circumstances.