These are my confessions... (for the ladies)

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Well, might as well
-I am ashamed of the fact that I can't even speak Lingala even though I was born in Kinshasa.
-I have never dated a black woman because of the area that I live in.
-I grew up playing "soccer" but regret not picking up basketball.
-I used to be pretty judgmental of lower class Hispanics and African Americans because of what I saw on the media (I was like 16 though so...)
-My parents are racist to anyone who isn't Congolese or Rwandan.
-I think that Canadians are better than Americans in everything (except sports and binge drinking).

Last edited:

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Confessions....hmm...I think I told too much on this board already tbh. Can't really think of anything...

oh! I remember one time i wanted to hang out with this guy..i figured out he was a sociopath O_O...I literally thought should i still go for it since I wanted the D at the time and was bored:yeshrug:. I had to ask my friend for his thoughts xD

he was like " bytch....:stopitslime:" okay, he didn't say it...but i bet that's what he was thinking..and i don't blame him.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
It's gone so far as under breath comments or when we go out with another interracial couple it's been more direct. It could be because we are in Texas and things run differently here.

I won't pass any ill conceived prejudices to my kids when we have them. I'll be doing my absolute best to get my kids to think for themselves and form their own opinions.

I don't "hate" black women, I just know what they are all about and they aren't for me as far as building a relationship goes.

What are they all about?

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
I have a Coli crush except I'm pretty sure he's way too young...

I really do want to live in the UK when I grow up

I recently moved hundreds of miles away and haven't told ANYONE

Everyone still thinks I live there and when they want to see me- I'm always "out of town" or busy...

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Another confession...sort of. I haven't went to college or trade school yet. Not because i don't want to, but because I'm not sure what I want to do with my life. Plus I need to expunge my record. it's not really bad (disorderly conduct) But I'm afraid that jobs may not be able to look past my record...That's another reason why I haven't started trade/college. Or would it make a difference? Damn it!

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Another confession...sort of. I haven't went to college or trade school yet. Not because i don't want to, but because I'm not sure what I want to do with my life. Plus I need to expunge my record. it's not really bad (disorderly conduct) But I'm afraid that jobs may not be able to look past my record...That's another reason why I haven't started trade/college. Or would it make a difference? Damn it!

Your record won't matter as far as schooling goes. The sooner you start, the better. Is your charge a misdemeanor or felony? Only felonies can affect your employment. Honestly even if it's a felony, being honest about it might actually work in your favor. I was, and the guy that hired me said that was a major reason he hired me as most of the time people would lie to him about it and simply hope that he wouldn't do a background check.

edit: If you're concerned about getting financial aid, your record only matters if it was a drug related charge. Even if it was drug related, it still won't necessarily bar you from getting loans. You will get suspended from getting it if the conviction happens while you're receiving financial aid however.

Last edited:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I got a bunch of different people asking me the same thing....
I'm not in my situation because I wanna be. I know what I have to do and want to do. Doing it is the difficult part because of my circumstances.

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Your record won't matter as far as schooling goes. The sooner you start, the better. Is your charge a misdemeanor or felony? Only felonies can affect your employment. Honestly even if it's a felony, being honest about it might actually work in your favor. I was, and the guy that hired me said that was a major reason he hired me as most of the time people would lie to him about it and simply hope that he wouldn't do a background check.
A misdemeanor, butr at the time, i was charged with assault and fingerprinted x.x . And I'm honest, I have a job now (not much, but still a job regardless). But i never made it past interviews (i probably sucked and my clothing choices didn't help xD) and damn..I guess honesty does really make a difference.