There’s a crisis with the new generation of American Hoopers

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
It’s pretty simple. Over here youngins with talent play AAU which isn’t really the ideal setting for getting pro ready.

Over there youngins with talent literally go pro. Dudes like Luka, Jokic and Wemby been playing against grown men since they were 15.

Then you got another subset of foreign stars like Embiid and Giannis who actually refined their game mainly in the USA but have a different level of hunger and work ethic than your average American prospect, because they literally came from the mud.

So basically American players underperform because we’ve fostered a horrible environment for molding prospects, and American culture of coddling/entitlement often means these dudes just don’t want it enough. A lot of these young American stars are celebrities with hundreds of thousands if not millions of IG followers before they ever played a second of pro ball.

The European players are lucky picks. The scouts didn't know they was that good

Simmons and Rubio was international too

Doncic shows up fat every season and doesn't play defense

Goannis got 3 brothers, he's the only one that's good... all of them went thru the same shyt and trainers. the rest not even good enough for American college without the last name

Saying entitlement when Giannis doing some AAU shyt with his brother on the Bucks :mjlol:

Jimmy Butler a AAU product just exposed that oreo mf had him choking on his own court. 9 years in, 25% from outsife the Restricted Area shooting 50% from the line looking shaky with the footwork

Embiid... :mjlol: gets exposed every year in the playoffs

Saying AAU players dont want it when Giannis was shook of shooting Free Throws in the 4th and almost turned it over and wanted to guard Martin when Jimmy is lighting up Jrue Holiday and Khris Middleton

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Would Austin Rivers have ever made it to the NBA if he didn't have AAU level favoritism and benefits? Let alone his father. Would he be as entitled and arrogant as he is?

That's the problem. There are talented hoopers around the world who don't make it close because they are written off early by these AAU/youth coaches. Alot of the wisdom, training and guidance they need to make it isn't there. Even though they work way harder than the players like KAT

This issue has many layers. But who wants to talk in depth about something like this in here?
:unimpressed:
This bout the last place you CAN have this convo breh :francis: Nggas better talk about it here.

Bc the league wants an international multicultural FIBA/FIFA emulating league. You seen how they made Jalen rose lean back. SAS is about the last black man allowed to speak freely. The other black male analysts are either tight lipped or border on buffoonery like Perk. You’ll never hear a ‘damn where the nggas at’ :dame:convo in public

And I could take a detour and talk about how this matches the overall American black male erasure in society but this ain’t TLR y’all not ready for that convo :mjpls:

Last edited:

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Goannis got 3 brothers, he's the only one that's good... all of them went thru the same shyt and trainers. the rest not even good enough for American college without the last name

Jimmy Butler a AAU product just exposed that oreo mf had him choking on his own court. 9 years in, no post moves, shooting 50% from the l line looking shaky with the footwork

Jimmy Butler literally grew up homeless and flew under the radar recruiting wise so I wouldn’t peg him as the “average American prospect.” If anything it goes hand in hand with my idea that coming from mud gives you a different level of work ethic.

The rest of your post, I don’t really understand. Luka has trouble staying in shape sure but he’s undoubtedly a top player in this league and was already a star from his rookie season…because he’s been playing pro since he was 15.

You can look at Embiid as a playoff choker sure but he’s also a guy that started playing basketball at like 17 and has already lapped the bulk of American talent in skillset and success even though a lot of those mfs been playing since toddler age.

And yes Giannis is far and away the best of his 3 brothers. But no one ever said being a foreigner guarantees success. Obviously there are plenty for foreign failures. Pound for pound though they’re out doing us. They still make up a significantly smaller chunk of the NBA talent pool and yet have a much higher percentage of quality talent.

There was a feeling you got when you watched young Bron and even Kobe. Like “yeah he’s got it. He’s gonna win some rings.” Can you really name a current young American NBA player who gives you that feeling? Because I can’t.

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
This bout the last place you CAN have this convo breh :francis: Nggas better talk about it here.

Bc the league wants an international multicultural FIBA/FIFA emulating league. You seen how they made Jalen rose lean back. SAS is about the last black man allowed to speak freely. The other black male analysts are either tight lipped or border on buffoonery like Perk. You’ll never hear a ‘damn where the nggas at’ :dame:convo in public

And I could take a detour and talk about how this matches the overall American black male erasure in society but this ain’t TLR nggas not ready for that convo :mjpls:
This site isn't ready for any serious convo. Nowhere except Higher Learning and The Root. And even then those sections arent nearly as active. I gave up a few days ago

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Simmons and Rubio was international too

Saying entitlement when Giannis doing some AAU shyt with his brother on the Bucks :mjlol:

Jimmy Butler a AAU product just exposed that oreo mf had him choking on his own court. 9 years in, 25% from outsife the Restricted Area shooting 50% from the line looking shaky with the footwork

Saying AAU players dont want it when Giannis was shook of shooting Free Throws in the 4th and almost turned it over and wanted to guard Martin when Jimmy is lighting up Jrue Holiday and Khris Middleton

This.

No matter how talented cats may be, the greats have the dog and work ethic in them. Always has and will. That is the separator no matter where you from

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Would Austin Rivers have ever made it to the NBA if he didn't have AAU level favoritism and benefits? Let alone his father. Would he be as entitled and arrogant as he is?

That's the problem. There are talented hoopers around the world who don't make it close because they are written off early by these AAU/youth coaches. Alot of the wisdom, training and guidance they need to make it isn't there. Even though they work way harder than the players like KAT

This issue has many layers. But who wants to talk in depth about something like this in here?

YEA THE REAL ISSUE IS
THE NBAS GENTRIFICATION....

WEVE SPOKEN ON THIS BEFORE
AROUND HERE...

THEYVE REMOVED THE HOOD KIDS
FROM THE LEAGUE
AND 60% OF ALL CURRENT PLAYERS
ARE RELATED TO A NCAA OR PRO ATHLETE.

ITS A SUBURBAN NEPOTISM LEAGUE
NOW AND THESE KIDS DONT
HAVE THAT DOG.
:devil:
:evil:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

YEA THE REAL ISSUE IS
THE NBAS GENTRIFICATION....

WEVE SPOKEN ON THIS BEFORE
AROUND HERE...

THEYVE REMOVED THE HOOD KIDS
FROM THE LEAGUE
AND 60% OF ALL CURRENT PLAYERS
ARE RELATED TO A NCAA OR PRO ATHLETE.

ITS A SUBURBAN NEPOTISM LEAGUE
NOW AND THESE KIDS DONT
HAVE THAT DOG.
:devil:
:evil:

The good hood kids are being picked up to go the basketball factory private schools earlier than ever. Before you had those few joints out of state but now it's a fukkin arms race to pull these kids out from public schools more than ever once they show promise. These private high schools all out at these AAU games and shyt. Game done changed.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
It’s dominant my brotha :skip:

And that’s how domination works. It’s only gonna be 4,5 players that dominate an era. And at this trajectory, once the OG’s are gone those players could all be foreigners.
So Tatum and Booker are out the conversation? They've done more than Luka so why do you list him but they don't count? Also what are they dominating? Outside of Joker and Murray, the other foreign players that were mentioned are watching the playoffs like the rest of us. The same thing they did last year. But I guess next year is when they are going to take over the NBA right...... :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I think you underestimating the talent pool for foreigners, it’s literally every best player in the world in the nba, I don’t think america is in trouble but they just have to get them started earlier

Every team should have several academies in they state

Braman

Superstar
Daps
So Tatum and Booker are out the conversation? They've done more than Luka so why do you list him but they don't count? Also what are they dominating? Outside of Joker and Murray, the other foreign players that were mentioned are watching the playoffs like the rest of us. The same thing they did last year. But I guess next year is when they are going to take over the NBA right...... :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:
So far in their careers Luka has overachieved. And I hate his play style but Dallas’ roster decisions have been trash. He reached a WCF and outplayed Kawhi and PG at 21

Meanwhile Tatum has officially gone from ‘man he’s doing crazy for a youngin’ to now he’s officially underachieving :francis:

Booker is tbd but idc how long y’all been together you not supposed to lose with KD on your team.