There’s a crisis with the new generation of American Hoopers

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
We're pathetic in fiba(7th place )and barely scrape out golds the past 15 years. Once the old guard is gone it'll be spooky
Stop trying to pass of the failure of 2004 on today’s players. That L is on mid-2000s hoopers.

Team USA has only lost one game since then and has won gold easily at every Olympics since. The non-Olympic tournaments don’t matter.

The so called tough physical mid-2000s defense got washed by Carlos Arroyo and Puerto fukking Rico. Jokic and Luka would be Harlem shaking on that ‘04 team.

:mjlol:

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They changed all the rules for CAC's and Euros to thrive. The league was too black for them.

Steph coming in the mid 2010's and making it a 3 point league put the final nail in the coffin.

The NBA is now reaping what David Stern started
Stern changed the league trying to get away from that hero ball that he made his fortune off. The ratings were better during the hero ball era. I haven’t looked at all star weekend in years.

Yzak

All Star
Daps
shyt diets are probably a big factor. Kids aren't eating the foods our ancestors grew up eating and instead eat processed garbage

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The post is blaming the parents not kids
Same, I didn’t take it as him blaming the kids at all, he was talking to other parents. Especially with all the reclassification shenanigans that go on

Fair, but the parents also didn't create the system.

There is a systemic problem with American youth sports. Parents and the kids take advantage of it, but you can't blame them for the system.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Fair, but the parents also didn't create the system.

There is a systemic problem with American youth sports. Parents and the kids take advantage of it, but you can't blame them for the system.
Naw, it is the parents. It is ultimately the parents that have to put up the money for all of these things. The tournaments, the sponsors, etc. The system takes advantage of the parents too. I see far too many kids, traveling from state to state, only to sit on the bench for practically the entire weekend and shoot just 5 shots over 4 games. In lieu of that, they could have been at the crib, shooting jump shots, working on fitness and their ball handling but parents can be delusional also. More practice, less games. I see these kids. If a kid has dribbled 14 consecutive dribbles before a shot or pass, he's dribbled way too long but crackhead ass parents don't want that. They want their kids to have a bag. My son has a bag and I don't encourage that. Get to your spots and put in work. Save the and1 shyt for when you are messing around.