There won't be any more large technology creation in our life time

Daps
Bold prediction but I feel it

We'll see Little small improvements but as for actual game changers, like the car, the phone, internet & wifi..that's done for us
I advise you take a look at one of my favourite wiki page below.
List of emerging technologies - Wikipedia
The poster is right in a way. Technology comes in small improvments. When the microwave or the TV were invented, multiple underlying technologies already existed. These supporting technologies could come from manufacturing techniques, materials, energy etc. However Fusion energy (ITER) is 20 years away, that will be game changer. Quantum computers with large Qubits will also be a game changer in 30 years.
I consider a company renting a fleet of autonoumous cars using smart contracts as game changer. DAO (decentralized autonoumous corporations) is a game changer. Matter of fact working from home is game changer. Think of all the technologies it took to arrive there.

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I advise you take a look at one of my favourite wiki page below.
List of emerging technologies - Wikipedia
The poster is right in a way. Technology comes in small improvments. When the microwave or the TV were invented, multiple underlying technologies already existed. These supporting technologies could come from manufacturing techniques, materials, energy etc. However Fusion energy (ITER) is 20 years away, that will be game changer. Quantum computers with large Qubits will also be a game changer in 30 years.
I consider a company renting a fleet of autonoumous cars using smart contracts as game changer. DAO (decentralized autonoumous corporations) is a game changer. Matter of fact working from home is game changer.

At the start of the industrial revolution through until about the development of the digital age technology came in large "improvements" (increments).

Those large increments have not been happening to the same degree recently.

Think of all the technologies it took to arrive there.

All of which the base technologies for were invented more than 30 years ago.

Technology Stalled in 1970

-

where are the quantum leaps like quantum theories, periodic table, nuclear energy, telecommunications, material science, radiation, harnessing of electromagnetism, powered flight, information theory, electronic computing, atomic physics, moon travel, space exploration, TV, video cameras, the car and internal combustion engines, germ theory, decidability of maths, gps etc etc etc?

practically nothing has happened on this level for the last few decades and that is because "the easy question in science have already been answered"

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Ehhh I can see where the OP is coming from.

we'll see a lot of great additions to existing technology, but I doubt we see some brand new regular everyday nikka game changer. Although politics and business keep a lot of shyt from coming out to the mainstream on a grand scale.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

We'll see Little small improvements but as for actual game changers, like the car, the phone, internet & wifi..that's done for us
I said the same thing before OP.. And it's funny... Nobody is mentioning anything that proves you wrong.

The important part you said was "SMALL IMPROVEMENTS"

We already have a car... It driving itself is an improvement.. A small improvement if you figure we already have self parking, self stopping, and other automation.. It's not a NEW invention.. It's an improved car

A smart phone is an improved phone. Or a smaller computer... Either way, it wasn't new

Holograms aren't new... We'll improve it

Wireless electricity isn't new... We'll expand it to where your entire house is wireless, but is that new or improving the range

Robots... We got those.. They'll make better

Organs.. We got those.. They'll make better

What's something BRAND NEW... Y'all actually think will happen? Not "take this item and improve it to the best of it's ability and call it new".. No.. There was no car when the car was invented.. A telephone is not an improved telegraph.. There was no way to transmit sounds while there was a way to transmit data, they are completely different.

What is going to come out and someone says "Holy shyt we never even thought of that"

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I said the same thing before OP.. And it's funny... Nobody is mentioning anything that proves you wrong.

What's something BRAND NEW... Y'all actually think will happen? Not "take this item and improve it to the best of it's ability and call it new".. No.. There was no car when the car was invented.. A telephone is not an improved telegraph.. There was no way to transmit sounds while there was a way to transmit data, they are completely different.

"incremental vs. quantum leap" then.

nb. your voice is transmitted as data. telegraph was an analogue for binary encoding.

What is going to come out and someone says "Holy shyt we never even thought of that"

There is are some things but I think that is the point. It is only a relative few.

and it is not only about tech (which has been the focus in here)

likely solved to point of (flawed) usability soon
nanobots
CRISPR
graphene production

unlikely solved soon
strong AI
fusion energy

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

nb. your voice is transmitted as data. telegraph was an analogue for binary encoding.

There is are some things but I think that is the point. It is only a relative few.

and it is not only about tech (which has been the focus in here)

likely solved to point of (flawed) usability soon
nanobots
CRISPR
graphene production

unlikely solved soon
strong AI
fusion energy
TENET making future "predictions" huh

q7WWnD@facebook.gif

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

It’s actually hilarious that the Dubai article about literally making rain through technology came out 2wks after this post. I’d say that’s a damn big game changer .:russ:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
It’s actually hilarious that the Dubai article about literally making rain through technology came out 2wks after this post. I’d say that’s a damn big game changer .:russ:

none of that matches what they were up to starting from around 100 years ago

1. formalising mathematics itself
2. set theory
3. internal structure of the atom
4. unifying electricity and magnetism
5. information theory
6. quantum physics
7. splitting the atom
8. powered flight
9. terrestrial satellites
10. tv
11. live video