There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
it's AMCs highest rated show. the ratings for the first episode of this beat ALL of the walking deads ratings. a 15(?) episode season 2 has already been ordered.

but i'm not even interested in the show as much, considering they skipped 9 days. now we need another prequel of this prequel, to show us what was going down during the first 2 weeks
The premiere beat the 1st 2 seasons of TWD. From season 3 on TWD numbers really picked up.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
people said the same thing about TWD during s2 and we see how that panned out :skip: we gotta keep it funky. we're all still going to watch, so AMC has no incentive to stop being cheap asses

Not all of us. I dropped it immediately after they killed the principal. Nothing I've read has said it improved.

When I want a zombie fix, I go to ZNation. It hasn't let me down yet. I haven't turned on that iZombie show, looks like some CW bullshyt, but maybe it's good too?

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Another reason why the characters from both shows will never meet:

Frank Darabont, the creator/developer of the main show (who was later fired during Comic-Con promotion of the second season) is suing AMC for not paying him for both shows. He's saying that since Fear The Walking Dead is a spinoff of a show he originally developed for television, he should get credit/payment for it. AMC is being tricky by calling the show a "Companion Series" and not a spinoff so they won't have to pay people responsible for creating the original show. So if they introduced characters from the Main show, that would negate their whole legal argument.

'Walking Dead' Lawsuit: AMC Seeks Dismissal Of Frank Darabont & CAA's New Contract Claims

I hope he wins. I hope he takes them for everything. I know TWD is Kirkman's baby, but if Kirkman and AMC had only let Darabont do what he does best and make good literary material better....

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Like it's been said countless times already....

What's the point of this show if they don't explain the root of the virus and how it turns people into zombies? I wasn't expecting a full science/conspiracy angle but they are basically where the Walking Dead started minus less zombies.

this is a blatant cash grab by AMC.

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier

What's the point of this show if they don't explain the root of the virus and how it turns people into zombies? I wasn't expecting a full science/conspiracy angle but they are basically where the Walking Dead started minus less zombies.

Kirkman doesn't want it ever explained. He got upset at the whole CDC arc. He wanted to do another show about the human drama with Rick, Carl and Andrea clones. I guess if someone cuts him a big enough check....:yeshrug: we get this shyt, and he gets to bytch about how no one understands his vision or some shyt.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

what virus? there is no fukkin virus. how can yall have been watching this show for so long and still believe there's a virus.

one day, everybody that died started coming back as zombies. its as simple as that. no cold, no flu, no parasite, just pure biblical resurrection as alluded to at the end of the last episode

Skeptic

Superstar
Daps
what virus? there is no fukkin virus. how can yall have been watching this show for so long and still believe there's a virus.

one day, everybody that died started coming back as zombies. its as simple as that. no cold, no flu, no parasite, just pure biblical resurrection as alluded to at the end of the last episode
The people are just getting infected by the zombie bites because a disgusting rotting corpse is infecting them with whatever nastiness they have on their rotting teeth?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The people are just getting infected by the zombie bites because a disgusting rotting corpse is infecting them with whatever nastiness they have on their rotting teeth?

everyone that dies will automatically turn into a zombie. being bitten by walking corpses hastens your death through infection. if you can cut the infected area out immediately, you still live.

Skeptic

Superstar
Daps
everyone that dies will automatically turn into a zombie. being bitten by walking corpses hastens your death through infection. if you can cut the infected area out immediately, you still live.
Makes sense. :ehh: