There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I agree they should have been going to sleep to gunshots every night. shyt calmed down way too fast. If the military is doing sweeps of the area they should hear gunshots in the distance.

Not really feeling this show. Would have been better seeing the neighborhood get infected and the family fighting their way out and on the run

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
It's some kind of germ or something right?
I remember the guy at the cdc testing them for it.
Or am I imagining things?
:dwillhuh:
People read way too much into Dr, Jenner's analysis of why the dead reanimate. Dr. Jenner classified 'it' as a disease because there really was nothing else to compare it to. So fans keep that 'disease' idea going, I think (in my opinion) Dr. Jenner's role was to show us that there was no hope/cure, which is why he was ready to off himself and anyone else willing to do so. Jenner only knew whatever 'it' was it attacked the brain like a virus, he's sure it's some type of contagion but clueless as too what kind or how it works and what caused it.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's some kind of germ or something right?
I remember the guy at the cdc testing them for it.
Or am I imagining things?
:dwillhuh:

I don't recall him calling it a virus I do remember him saying though that it's something that everyone "has" so no matter how you died now you were turning into a walker

A more interesting thing I wonder is how come people in zombie movies / shows now one ever knows zombies exist

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
idk, i wasn't expecting this show to be like TWD, i wanted a different pace and this is it , also we have no time frame to compared to TWD i believe that is to say we dont know if the zombie Apocalypse started on the east or west coast, how long did ppl thing it was disease or just some low level anarchy before things really popped off , the rate of zombies popping up could have been very low at this point etc just too many un answered question which fine with me

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
People read way too much into Dr, Jenner's analysis of why the dead reanimate. Dr. Jenner classified 'it' as a disease because there really was nothing else to compare it to. So fans keep that 'disease' idea going, I think (in my opinion) Dr. Jenner's role was to show us that there was no hope/cure, which is why he was ready to off himself and anyone else willing to do so. Jenner only knew whatever 'it' was it attacked the brain like a virus, he's sure it's some type of contagion but clueless as too what kind or how it works and what caused it.

The problem with this is that based on the scenes we saw with Jenner, "it" acted like a disease or virus. The scenes with him doing the tests and even explaining how "it" worked to Rick and the main group demonstrates this...He (and the CDC) just couldn't explain WHY it worked and reanimated the body the way it did.

Nothing about the show gives us the impression that Magic or Religion or God was responsible for the outbreak so logically, based on what has been presented, we have to assume that its a virus or disease.

There's an old joke in the science community that right before the end of the world a scientist somewhere will be heard saying, "Let's try it this way." And accidentally cause an explosion (or a viral outbreak) that most of the world won't know the origin of...

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk, i wasn't expecting this show to be like TWD, i wanted a different pace and this is it , also we have no time frame to compared to TWD i believe that is to say we dont know if the zombie Apocalypse started on the east or west coast, how long did ppl thing it was disease or just some low level anarchy before things really popped off , the rate of zombies popping up could have been very low at this point etc just too many un answered question which fine with me

I'm so so on the show I don't hate the storyline its the characters I have a huge issue with

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm so so on the show I don't hate the storyline its the characters I have a huge issue with

:yeshrug: we've had plenty of characters that were horrible on TWD, even Rick arguably the most popular character took a few seasons to get to the grimey crazy dude everyone loves that he is now

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug: we've had plenty of characters that were horrible on TWD, even Rick arguably the most popular character took a few seasons to get to the grimey crazy dude everyone loves that he is now

Um yeah but there were no characters from episode 1 that I disliked of twd as much as this show. In fact in 6 seasons there are only 2 characters I disliked and that's lori and andrea...well this current show there are already like 5