There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Ok... I get it. I was speaking hypothetically

That's what I'm saying

It's like they're making this show pg-13, a family drama, and in a world without black characters.

It feels like the zombie outbreak didn't even happen. No way in hell this chick should be able to walk around outside without running into complete chaos....

Unless that's what happened in the 9 days they skipped:martin:
It's very disappointing.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea they dropped the ball in not showing enough chaos...they should have been watching tv or listening to the radio with news reports around the country talking about the outbreak...or what about the president speaking
breh if the shyt really popped off to the point where most of the US population was dead in the first month, it would be a complete warzone in cali. there would be mobs, gangs, militias, all roaming the streets, foraging for survival.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yea they dropped the ball in not showing enough chaos...they should have been watching tv or listening to the radio with news reports around the country talking about the outbreak...or what about the president speaking
yea they really did.. the military going to war on the citizens was supposed to be the climax

the outright panic, the whole cities being taken over, the forming of gangs and groups... where's the fukking president, congress, how is the command and news being spread

they skipped over all that good shyt and went directly into, we're being held in a space... we think we're safe... but we shall find out we aren't... then we'll have to move to another spot.. we think it's safe................

i mean it's not a spin off... it's a damn carbon copy

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Some ill scenes (lights going out/the person flashing the light getting popped in the last episode) but overall there's very little point to this show.

Agree with a lot of the sentiment that if they were intending to show the downfall of modern society, they completely dropped the ball.

They pretty much showed ONE riot, then skipped to a desolated LA :wtf:

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Another reason why the characters from both shows will never meet:

Frank Darabont, the creator/developer of the main show (who was later fired during Comic-Con promotion of the second season) is suing AMC for not paying him for both shows. He's saying that since Fear The Walking Dead is a spinoff of a show he originally developed for television, he should get credit/payment for it. AMC is being tricky by calling the show a "Companion Series" and not a spinoff so they won't have to pay people responsible for creating the original show. So if they introduced characters from the Main show, that would negate their whole legal argument.

'Walking Dead' Lawsuit: AMC Seeks Dismissal Of Frank Darabont & CAA's New Contract Claims

Darabont and CAA’s amended complaint filed this summer dropped the wrongful termination language in the initial filing but added that Darabont was now due 100% of his “Developed By Profits and EP/Showrunner Profits” vested shares. Also worrying for AMC was that Darabont and his agency set their sights on freshman Fear The Walking Dead, which debuted on August 23 to record breaking results. Labeling the series a “derivative productions” for which they are due some serious cash under Darabont’s deal with AMC. AMC has always referred to FearTWD as a “companion” series – a parsing of language with legal implications.

Darabont served as showrunner of the first season and developed the comic book series for television, before being fired in July 2011, three months before the start of season two.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If season 2 is like season 1 this show won't survive
it's AMCs highest rated show. the ratings for the first episode of this beat ALL of the walking deads ratings. a 15(?) episode season 2 has already been ordered.

but i'm not even interested in the show as much, considering they skipped 9 days. now we need another prequel of this prequel, to show us what was going down during the first 2 weeks

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's AMCs highest rated show. the ratings for the first episode of this beat ALL of the walking deads ratings. a 15(?) episode season 2 has already been ordered.

but i'm not even interested in the show as much, considering they skipped 9 days. now we need another prequel of this prequel, to show us what was going down during the first 2 weeks

Yes I know season 2 has been ordered but if they don't improve on this season it won't make it to season 3

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes I know season 2 has been ordered but if they don't improve on this season it won't make it to season 3

people said the same thing about TWD during s2 and we see how that panned out :skip: we gotta keep it funky. we're all still going to watch, so AMC has no incentive to stop being cheap asses