There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
According to the comment section of that trailer video, there not filming this show in L.A, its being filmed in Vancouver (Too expensive to film in L.A).

Vancouver's looks similar to L.A so it shouldn't be that big of a deal :manny:

I mean TWD story is in the DMV now but its still filmed in Georgia :ehh:

Vancouver looks nothing like LA.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
how interesting could learning what the cause is be though? its either a random virus that nature just cooked up, or it was made in a lab at a military site and got out by accident. then its just another story about scientists finding clues and figuring out the cause and treating it. sounds a lot more boring than exploring how the survivors live and adapt physically, emotionally, and socially in this new world.
I disagree. It could be very interesting. That's why it's called a story. It has to be written. There are twists and turns that have to unfold. Imagine them having to venture to different locations on the west coast trying to uncover bits and pieces of a cure. Or what if they are driving around in the midst of the zombie apocalypse trying to find parts of satellites so they can launch it and communicate with the French who were the last known group of people to have made progress on the virus. I'm just spitballing here, but along those lines. Discovering what caused it, their overall plan for fixing the world, and then all the hardships they have to endure over 3 or 4 seasons to try and achieve those goals, could be very interesting stuff. Just as interesting as watching a group of people continuously go through ups and downs and just plodding along randomly until they all end up dead.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
There's not much options for a story line about the origin of the virus. It was either created in a lab or some new mother nature virus. Take your pick

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It does if you never been to either city and did a quick google search :lolbron:

The downtown area & skyline looks similar :manny:
I live in Van and have been to LA. I can confirm like @Big Mel said van looks nothing like LA. Its very similar to NYC.

BUT a ton of movies get filmed here and studios can make any city look similar to an outsider.

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps

Following a string of cryptic teasers, AMC officially released the first trailer for Fear the Walking Dead on Friday at Comic-Con, where the cabler also revealed that the L.A.-set series would debut on Aug. 23

The drama, from The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman and showrunner Dave Erickson, stars Cliff Curtis stars as Sean Cabrera, a teacher who shares a son with his ex-wife and is involved with guidance counselor Nancy (Kim dikkens). Frank Dillane co-stars as Nancy's drug-addicted son, Nick;Alycia Debnam Carey is Nancy's ambitious daughter, Ashley, Nick's polar opposite who dreams of leaving L.A. for Berkeley when the apocalypse strikes. Elizabeth Rodriguez, Lorenzo James Henrie, Ruben Blades and Mercedes Mason round out the cast.
Season one of the drama takes place during the time in which Rick (Andrew Lincoln) was in the coma during the pilot for the flagship. Like the original drama, season one will consist of six episodes, while season two will feature 15 and be split in two.