There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
I agree

A 50 cal would've slaughtered a few hundred of them to peices the way they just stood there bunched up behind the fence.

Not to mention guys standing point blank range with M16's..

I could understand if it was a hoard and they were coming in any direct, spread out, and etc.

They were literally standing behind the fence without a single bullet affecting them.
One of them walkers must of been THE ONE

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Anybody can write a pretend script about landing on Mars. Anybody can write a pretend script about the zombie apocalypse.

This is the MAIN problem issue I had with the show. I could take it not being scary or having good characters or soldiers shooting chain fences instead of Zombies if the show actually detailed the breakdown of society as promised.

Its like that Mars script, AMC advertises they're airing a show about how we got people on Mars for the first time. For AMC's cheap asses, the first episode would be the President's press conference announcing the difficult mission...second episode would open with the astronauts walking on Mars talking about, "Its been 9 days since we landed on Mars...." without actually showing us how they got there...

Like, even if the science was off, it would still be cool to see...Same with FTWD, woulda been cool to see Government/Military/Neighborhoods slowly make mistakes, grow paranoid, fall apart. The stories about Hurricane Katrina/Ebola scare/80s AIDS paranoia could have been all been the prototypes for story. Maybe that kinda thing was pitched but stripped out once AMC told them what their budget would be.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
One of them walkers must of been THE ONE

Walkers be like:

neo-bullet-stop-o.gif

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like a lot of people hear have the same idea. We got a show that didn't quite cover the events we were hoping to see. AMC had some funny business going on when it came to promotions and advertisements because they made it seem like we were going to get more of that fall of society type vibe from this series. I thought scale was going to be something they would introduce because TWD seemed very enclosed but unfortunately we are getting a very closed off story here also.

Strand is interesting, but his draw is his mystery and that won't last forever. Hopefully they'll have something else that makes the show interesting for season 2.

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
AMC is basically trying to make this CSI with the different regions same show type of fukkery.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Maybe their dopplegangers can show up on Znation.

And Im calling it first - They Schumpert Strand first episode, his task is done. The nikka aint Shane, he's just Yacht Dog.

The only reason I disagree is that he's become a fave character by audience, bloggers and critics...AMC will milk that...just like they milk Darryl on TWD...but best believe they WILL kill him as soon as possible, maybe by the s2 mid-season break.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
One last question:

When Strand saves Nick from the soldiers, he says to him:
"The soldiers are leaving and I’m going to require a man with your talents when I make my move."

How in da fuk exactly did Nick personally end up being so ESSENTIAL to his escape plan? Nick was mostly getting in the way.

HuCfdNY.gif

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
there is no science to zombies

there science to space travel

if the dead walked the earth

there bodies would fall apart after a week due to nothing circulating the blood through the body...
they wont be able to walk cause of rigor mortis :yeshrug:

here a article..

It's generally accepted by zombie experts that they're going to continue to rot, even as they shamble around the streets. What the movies fail to convey, however, is the gruesome yet strangely hilarious effect the hot sun has on a rotting corpse.

The first concern is putrefaction. Thanks to the plethora of bacteria we use in our colon for digesting plant matter, called gut flora, our bodies are ripe for decay the second our heart stops. Since heat speeds the growth of bacteria (which are plenty happy to start feasting on you once your immune system is no longer a concern) the zombie's got a looming expiration date the very second it turns.

Dead bodies bloat because of the gases created by the bacteria, meaning that in warmer areas even Abercrombie Zombies are going to start getting fat in the first few days. After a few weeks of this, the nasty, bloated zombie army is going to start doing something that is simultaneously the most awesome and disturbing thing a zombie can do: they will start exploding (CAUTION! Pictures!). The warm, moist conditions in the tropical and subtropical parts of the world (or even just summer in the temperate parts) speeds this condition, meaning a July zombie outbreak pretty much anywhere would be over in a few weeks just by virtue of the rampaging monsters bursting like rancid meat balloons.

7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly) | Cracked.com
enlighten us breh

seriously... you have no idea about zombies

you go to work tomororw... there's a car accident of the road... you don't know if these people are dead, but out crawls a lady... she can't speak, she's bleeding from head

what's proper protocol and at what point do you say "nah this bytch is dead, but alive, shoot her in the head"

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One last question:

""The soldiers are leaving and I’m going to require a man with your talents when I make my move.""

How in da fuk exactly did Nick personally end up being so ESSENTIAL to his escape plan? Nick was mostly getting in the way.

HuCfdNY.gif

i'm not certain he's saying he needs nick to escape. just that nick will be a valuable asset when he does escape.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe their dopplegangers can show up on Znation.

And Im calling it first - They Schumpert Strand first episode, his task is done. The nikka aint Shane, he's just Yacht Dog.
i felt the same, but considering he's already climbed to fan favorite--they may keep him alive for awhile.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
One last question:

HuCfdNY.gif

I figured he needed someone who could follow a plan, but who he could peace out like Shane did that fat dude..... if the need arised.