There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
enlighten us breh

seriously... you have no idea about zombies

you go to work tomororw... there's a car accident of the road... you don't know if these people are dead, but out crawls a lady... she can't speak, she's bleeding from head

what's proper protocol and at what point do you say "nah this bytch is dead, but alive, shoot her in the head"

When I see her attacking, killing and gnawing on other people...On the show, they see this REPEATEDLY and still walk towards the walkers asking, "Are you okay?"

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I figured he needed someone who could follow a plan, but who he could peace out like Shane did that fat dude..... if the need arised.

Following a plan isn't a "talent" though...he implied that Nick would be uniquely useful during the escape due to being a heroin junkie...

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Following a plan isn't a "talent" though...he implied that Nick would be uniquely useful during the escape due to being a heroin junkie...
they haven't even got out the house yet... dude is planning the long game.. druggy depp already talking like he played beat this game 100 times and everybody else still opening the plastic

i'm sure we'll see it pay off

GOATpernick

Troy, the God
Supporter
Daps
If you ain't got a honey there's no reason to be watching this shyt :ufdup:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
enlighten us breh

seriously... you have no idea about zombies

you go to work tomororw... there's a car accident of the road... you don't know if these people are dead, but out crawls a lady... she can't speak, she's bleeding from head

what's proper protocol and at what point do you say "nah this bytch is dead, but alive, shoot her in the head"

if your asking me ...

id hit the bytch with my car

i seen people stab ; shot ; jump etc...

keep your head down and keep moving ... you dont get involved unless people get you involved ..

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
they haven't even got out the house yet... dude is planning the long game.. druggy depp already talking like he played beat this game 100 times and everybody else still opening the plastic

i'm sure we'll see it pay off

You're moving the goal post...dude specifically said, "I need your talents to make my escape"...he was clearly referring to escaping the facility because he showed him the key while saying it.

Let's say that you're right, does being a heroin addict make you a great boat deck hand or something? Does it make you great at building rafts to get to the ship?

I think the writers just needed the two of them together plot-wise and they forgot to have his statement pay off later.

Skeptic

Superstar
Daps
One last question:

When Strand saves Nick from the soldiers, he says to him:

How in da fuk exactly did Nick personally end up being so ESSENTIAL to his escape plan? Nick was mostly getting in the way.

HuCfdNY.gif
He knew Nick had to get out so he could get that H? :yeshrug:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
One last question:

When Strand saves Nick from the soldiers, he says to him:

How in da fuk exactly did Nick personally end up being so ESSENTIAL to his escape plan? Nick was mostly getting in the way.

HuCfdNY.gif
You're moving the goal post...dude specifically said, "I need your talents to make my escape"...he was clearly referring to escaping the facility because he showed him the key while saying it.

Let's say that you're right, does being a heroin addict make you a great boat deck hand or something? Does it make you great at building rafts to get to the ship?

I think the writers just needed the two of them together plot-wise and they forgot to have his statement pay off later.

He's a fiend. He's naturally (through being a druggie) a survivor.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
It's the National Guard breh. You say well trained but fukking GI No managed to hit Mexican Maggie in the arm instead of the head from about 5 feet away. Plus when the horde came those cats weren't aiming, it was spray n pray like CoD.

*edit*
Not trying to defend the show cause I'm not the biggest fan. But the Nat'l Guard is made of inept civilians basically.
Really, nothing about this is true. Like, even a little bit.

Active duty dudes like to tell themselves this, but its horse shyt. Active duty infantry are the inept civilians, which is why they had to give up everything to join active duty infantry. National Guard Infantry succeeded in the civilian world, and serve as well. Anyone with competence on the active duty side goes ranger, or at least are in the scouts. Active duty line infantry is full of high school flunkies who had no other choice.

Aiming an assault rifle is not some highly technical skill.
Neither is anything that basic active duty line infantry does.

Last edited:

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
I can't think of one moment throughout the season that I didn't feel like I was wasting my time watching.

Between rehashing the same old ass 'TWD' themes that we're even more poorly executed than the original, to there not being one interesting character in the entire cast... this show was almost 'True Detective S2' levels of boring, pointless trash.

I don't see how I can justify wasting another minute of my life watching this so I guess it's back to the original for me. :salute:

Until it returns next season, with all new episodes :mjcry:
Only on AMC :birdman:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Heroin addicts are natural survivors? :childplease:
i mean shyt.......... you ever met one :francis:

i mean this is white hollywood... so yes... if you do drugs and can be alive, you must be a master of the streets and the hustle game

this is solidified with the talk with mom... when everyone going crazy panicked... and he chilling like "zombies? end of the world? shyt i shoot herion... I BEEN ABOUT THIS LIFE, Y'ALL JUST GETTING HERE" :smugdraper:

for the record... yes it's fukking retarded.. but some shows, you gotta embrace them for the fluff they are and adjust expectations

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Really, nothing about this is true. Like, even a little bit.

Active duty dudes like to tell themselves this, but its horse shyt. Active duty infantry are the inept civilians, which is why they had to give up everything to join active duty infantry. National Guard Infantry succeeded in the civilian world, and serve as well. Anyone with competence on the active duty side goes ranger, or at least are in the scouts. Active duty line infantry is full of high school flunkies who had no other choice.

Aiming an assault rifle is not some highly technical skill.
Neither is anything that basic active duty line infantry does.
What does that even mean? If they're active duty, they aren't civilians. Are you saying active duty service members can't function in the civilian sector?:mjlol:

Aiming an assault rifle is not a technical skill but putting a round on target is. That's what I was pointing out about the Guard being shyt. Those cats were just firing from the hip and practicing no ammo discipline.

Your response makes it seem as if you're in the Guard, if so more power to you. I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps so I'm pretty sure you can guess what my feelings are about any other branch.