There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
So I'm supposed to believe that an army base of well trained servicemen would be overran by a bunch of WALKING dead zombies.

:laff: the black dude literally says "It's alright, they're slow." BUT I'M SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT MUHfukkAS TRAINED TO FIGHT OVERSEAS WOULD DIE AT THE HANDS OF WALKING, DEHYDRATED, MALNOURISHED ZOMBIES :wtf:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
So I'm supposed to believe that an army base of well trained servicemen would be overran by a bunch of WALKING dead zombies.

:laff: the black dude literally says "It's alright, they're slow." BUT I'M SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT MUHfukkAS TRAINED TO FIGHT OVERSEAS WOULD DIE AT THE HANDS OF WALKING, DEHYDRATED, MALNOURISHED ZOMBIES :wtf:

Yeah that shyt is bs :laff:

woulda made more sense if survivors started turning and then panic insued...

but ya know... 2000 zombies conveniently locked up, makes more sense :skip:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
courting women would be over. dudes would hoard p*ssy like pokemons. p*ssy would get took. laws and fear of prison rape is the only thing keeping women safe in society

Yea, don't know why dude called it lazy writing.

Some serious shyt pops off that fukks up society.. and quite a few people will do things they otherwise wouldn't have done.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Why are the people without guns not LEADING the path out of the compound
Yeah that shyt is bs :laff:

woulda made more sense if survivors started turning and then panic insued...

but ya know... 2000 zombies conveniently locked up, makes more sense :skip:

I'm saying, they act like we didn't read about the trench battles in WWI or we haven't seen footage of WW2. Human bodies were DECIMATED by gun fire when attempting to cross enemy lines. The same wouldn't apply in 2015 with armor piercing rounds and better trained riflemen?

Oh but servicemen are supposed to be so rattled by the zombies that they lose all focus and training. Zombies can take on gunfire like a rambo movie. Army engineers are so inept that they've erected a gate that can just be overrun in one push.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
men would get rapey in this scenario

That MAY be true but its still lazy predictable writing...just like writing that the young black guy is a homicidal drug dealer..or that the black guy is named something urban like "T-Dog"...or that black character always gets killed before the white people...

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yea, don't know why dude called it lazy writing.

Some serious shyt pops off that fukks up society.. and quite a few people will do things they otherwise wouldn't have done.

It's not that this wouldn't happen. It's just that the rape angle is so predictably tiring. When they're writing rape into these storylines, it's a symbolic theme for hoarding resources/giving into primal needs. This is the only grotesque way these writers know how to display this.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune

:mjlol:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Like scenes like this are pure BS. Why the fukk do we need to see them driving form 2 minutes through a bunch of nonethingness? What was the point of that. What picture did that paint for us? How did that help move the story along? We saw a crack head put his head out of the window like a fukkn dog. So what?

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously they worked hard on the episode, but this shyt is terrible. The way it's filmed and the editing is great, but the script is garbage.
Exactly!! Plot points A,B, and C are interesting but how we get there is fukking ridiculous....

So abuelo lures a STADIUM full of zombies to a military outpost to form a distraction just to save his already dying wife??? That was a bit much for me.... I know its been a few weeks since the outbreak but these dudes already know how to gather and heard the zombies around like cattle? They could of utilized the army dude a bit better and had him get them inside or something.
They could of also waited to kill off abuela for this episode. We already knew from last episode that she was dead so half the plan was already in vein from the start. And Iceberg Slim already had a plan or 2 on deck to break out with the junkie so basically this whole zombie takeover didn't need to happen and all those people didn't need to die.

The son and daughter literally had 1 job and fukked it up.

I also like how 1 episode ago the crew was having trouble with seeing a zombie die next episode smiley and the gang are bashing zombies heads in like they've been doing this for years.

The lack of consistency and pacing is whats turning me off to this show. I have no beef with the plot or the premise... but the storytelling is god awful.

I'm gonna give the show a second chance and just look at this season as a 6 episode pilot and hope they find their footing next season.

Edit: And lets not forget that this whole thing started because of the druggie, just like every plot point in this whole show. It always started with him..... everytime...

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Why are the people without guns not LEADING the path out of the compound

I'm saying, they act like we didn't read about the trench battles in WWI or we haven't seen footage of WW2. Human bodies were DECIMATED by gun fire when attempting to cross enemy lines. The same wouldn't apply in 2015 with armor piercing rounds and better trained riflemen?

Oh but servicemen are supposed to be so rattled by the zombies that they lose all focus and training. Zombies can take on gunfire like a rambo movie. Army engineers are so inept that they've erected a gate that can just be overrun in one push.

Reminds me of this article I read where a dude asked his military friends what would they do in a Zombie Outbreak...They said the shyt would be contained relatively quickly because Zombies are slow, are attracted to noise, don't shoot back and don't have counter-measures:

Fear the Walking Dead: The Military Wouldn't Crumble, by Jonah Goldberg, National Review

Here’s the problem The Walking Dead’s writers had to deal with: The military could easily put down a zombie outbreak (absent some other contributors to societal breakdown, more on that below). Zombies are slow, dumb and don’t shoot back. Would you rather fight the Chinese army, which can change tactics and fire weapons, or slow moving morons who will never take cover and literally shuffle into the line of fire? (One solution to this problem was the creation of fast-zombies of the sort found in 28 Days Later). As a lover of zombie fiction, I kind of wish it weren’t so. But I’ve come to the conclusion that an army of zombies are no match for even a mid-sized city’s police department.

For instance, in the beginning everyone’s watching the news. But the only subject on the news is excessive force by police (the public doesn’t realize at first that zombies really do need to be peppered with bullets, even when they are in cuffs). I can see that being the story of the day, for like a day. But pretty soon, wouldn’t you expect the news cycle to change to the fact that the dead are rising from the grave (and the stretcher and the hospital gurney etc)? Moreover, wouldn’t you expect lots of people to turn on the news? There is remarkably little effort made by anyone to get informed about what’s going on. I get being in denial about the apocalypse, but corpses walking amongst us is still a pretty interesting news story. I know it’s implied, but if you’re going to try to score points by showing real human reactions to the unthinkable, you can’t leave out other even more obvious reactions to the unthinkable. If CNN got good ratings for a case of irritable bowel syndrome on a cruise ship, imagine what they’d get when the dead started eating people on cruise ships?

All you need is a loud speaker and your enemy literally will walk into your line of fire without taking cover.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Reminds me of this article I read where a dude asked his military friends what would they do in a Zombie Outbreak...They said the shyt would be contained relatively quickly because Zombies are slow, are attracted to noise, don't shoot back and don't have counter-measures:

Fear the Walking Dead: The Military Wouldn't Crumble, by Jonah Goldberg, National Review

All you need is a loud speaker and your enemy literally will walk into your line of fire without taking cover.

Seriously, it wouldn't be a match at all. I think that's why most zombie movies leave out the entire downfall of society because there would be too many plot holes.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This season was "Days of Our Lives: The Walking Dead"

A zombie outbreak, with very little action, focused solely on human interaction and the ability to overcome, and the only moral dilemmas we saw were:
- closing the front door and ignoring your neighbor running from a zombie
- suggested rape scene that didn't end in rape...or anything near it
- having to kill your ex wife because she was bitten during the zombie outbreak
- deciding the benefit of torturing an armed serviceman for information

For a soap opera, not one of these choices were unique, difficult or worth building a story around