There is no JRPG better than Persona 4 (golden)

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
dont forget legend of legaia maybe not the greatest but was always a favorite of mine :salute: battle system, characters, world had everything

Slept on game, system and rpg experience. The successor was awful though.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
I love the Persona games especially P3FES but they are so fukking tedious wit the relationships and fusions shyt. fukk that, way too much time outta my life.
FF series >>>>>>>> Persona series

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
i just tried chrono cross on my vita and shyts garbage. that battle system :huhldup: i doubt im going to finish it. i liked trigger too (many many years ago, might not feel the same way now)

:manny: the fight system is probably my favorite part the harder the game gets the more strategy is what it feels like atleast

Naw gameplay definitely opens up as you go along. My bigger issue with Chrono Cross was that there were way too many characters.

I would say the only games that are as good if not better would be:

Dragon Quest VIII
Final Fantasy X
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Suikoden III

Wow i liked that there are so many characters :mindblown: keeps it fresh imo

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:manny: the fight system is probably my favorite part the harder the game gets the more strategy is what it feels like atleast

Wow i liked that there are so many characters :mindblown: keeps it fresh imo

I feel like Final Fantasy VI has the best balance, Chrono Chross had close to 20. I feel like 7-10 should be the max.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i just tried chrono cross on my vita and shyts garbage. that battle system :huhldup: i doubt im going to finish it. i liked trigger too (many many years ago, might not feel the same way now)

yeah Chrono Cross isn't all that great. compare it to Chrono Trigger and its rubbish. the fact that they cut Magus out of it is unforgivable. the whole game is literally a gigantic asspull to solve one of the greatest unsolved mysteries of Chrono Trigger. the main thing that hurts it is too many characters and too many garbage characters.
tumblr_lz0feclde11rnxe6ho1_1280.jpg
i quit playing this game at the world of ruin simply because it becomes so nonlinear and to me JRPGs need to be linear. i felt like why do i have to do all this crap to get everyone back together and dropped it. before that point the game was great.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, FF 6-10, Xenogears and Suikoden III before ANY Persona...

i still gotta beat 4, but Persona 3 is one of my all time favorites...

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Naw gameplay definitely opens up as you go along. My bigger issue with Chrono Cross was that there were way too many characters.

I will say this Persona 4 might not be the best, but it's def in the top 5 of the PS2 era and I wouldn't argue if someone said #1 .

I would say the only games that are as good if not better would be:

Dragon Quest VIII
Final Fantasy X
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Suikoden III

Dap for mentioning Suikoden 3. Tired of people rating Suikoden 2 over it.

Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, FF 6-10, Xenogears and Suikoden III before ANY Persona...

i still gotta beat 4, but Persona 3 is one of my all time favorites...

Holy shyt another Suikoden 3 mention? God damn. Smart man.