Religion/Spirituality Theism Discussion (Abrahamic Religions, Religious Philosophy, etc.)

Slang

Slang
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
yeah me and bud went back and forth on this and ultimately we can fall back on a few scriptures and what is told to David when he loses his son. We can also fall back on the nature of God.

That nature as I understand it is one of a father. Both loving but stern capable of love and punishment.

Part of the struggle people have with this is they try to view a very unwieldy concept through their own pea brain type eyes. Assume for a second God does exist. If you believe this you believe he's all knowing, all poweful...He's god right?

Now let's assume that God knows what's in the heart of each child and how each child will turn out. Could God judge them on that? Possibly, but we don't know. God judges that's one of the things he does. He's also just. Given that then I'm more inclined to believe he handle each soul justly...whatever that may be.

The concept of hell now is a crazy subject. I'm not entirely sold on the whole fire and brimstone thing but as my plan are to avoid whatever deviation of hell exist i've not really studied the matter in to much depth. I've heard arguments that Hell is a place devoid of God and his love :manny:

Hell is from the moment of conception to birth, consciousness of multiplying and dividing :lupe: :damn: :sad:

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
OH I KNOW there is a hell. But what hell is...well that's is in fact up for some debate.

well then you don't know hell exist if you don't what it is. how you know theres a hell but dont know what it is.

heaven & hell are conditions on this planet. hell is what you go through and heaven is what you make it to be. there is no afterlife. You only got 1 life, that's reality.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
well then you don't know hell exist if you don't what it is. how you know theres a hell but dont know what it is.

heaven & hell are conditions on this planet. hell is what you go through and heaven is what you make it to be. there is no afterlife. You only got 1 life, that's reality.

False

Daps
Reppin
NULL
God killed so many babies he probably just recycled them so they can have better lives... Reincarnation makes more sense than an afterlife...

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
You might be right.

And if you read more into it, the Catholic church is the one who introuduced the idea of hell into Christianity.

Hell is a pagan leftover from Greek/Roman mythology. But the catholics wanted to build a "super religion" that pleased everyone both Christian and those of other pagan religions. The word Catholic means "universal"

Theres no mention of people in the old testament going to an eternal torment of hell when they died. They were just in a "place of the dead" or something like that.

It was just the grave, breh

God told Adam from dust you are to dust you return. Never said nothing about no flaming pit