Religion/Spirituality Theism Discussion (Abrahamic Religions, Religious Philosophy, etc.)

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
It already happened. LOL

Didn't take but a couple minutes to type as I thought of it. Just trying to make people think a little.

I had a convo with Brown Pride and they are convinced that the bible says unbaptized children do enter heaven. Even though there are several passages in the bible that you have to know Jesus in order to get into haven.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
if you look at the history all those domination's who split from the Catholics (even the orthodox) are not not real Christians in the eyes of the Catholic church. But just for the shake of continuity I just place all followers of Christ as Chirstians no matter which version you believe in.

You might be right.

And if you read more into it, the Catholic church is the one who introuduced the idea of hell into Christianity.

Hell is a pagan leftover from Greek/Roman mythology. But the catholics wanted to build a "super religion" that pleased everyone both Christian and those of other pagan religions. The word Catholic means "universal"

Theres no mention of people in the old testament going to an eternal torment of hell when they died. They were just in a "place of the dead" or something like that.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I had a convo with Brown Pride and they are convinced that the bible says unbaptized children do enter heaven. Even though there are several passages in the bible that you have to know Jesus in order to get into haven.

If you go further, you will find hell is not even real.

Not only was it a pagan creation, but the original(well the supposed copies of the originals since no originals exist) text never mention it.

And this is from a christian site. :heh:
16. Hebrew and Greek words mistranslated to mean Hell

But wouldnt it be a GREAT tactic by the powers that be to keep people in line?

You sure did delete the "lol" and the drake smiley after my reply though.

Making light of children drowning and dying on a nice saturday morning? :demonic:

Its so demonic, friend. :sitdown:

Saturday afternoon :patrice:

And there was no Drake smiley...stop lying. The "lol" was replace by the :usure: Works better. But you must have clicked on the thread as soon as I posted it b/c I edited it before I left the page

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
You might be right.

And if you read more into it, the Catholic church is the one who introuduced the idea of hell into Christianity.

Hell is a pagan leftover from Greek/Roman mythology. But the catholics wanted to build a "super religion" that pleased everyone both Christian and those of other pagan religions. The word Catholic means "universal"

Theres no mention of people in the old testament going to an eternal torment of hell when they died. They were just in a "place of the dead" or something like that.

yeah being that Jesus was Jewish I do not think he would endorse the concept of hell.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo
kids in the bible were pretty much viewed as property (see the treatment of job's kids or that baby killing plague against the egyptians), and baptism was for people old enough to make commitments. that's some ancient semite stuff, and we are not ancient semites, so attitudes toward kids no longer line up with the bible

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Matthew 18:10
"See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven."

also rabbinical judaism details Gehenna, a place of punishment where those that didn't abide by Mosaic law on earth have to atone. it's temporary hell, in essence.

now who wants to argue about how many angels i can get to dance on the head of a pin?

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Children/babies by default go to heaven.

Jesus has made that clear
◄ Matthew 19:14 ►
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

It's the grown folks who knowingly sin are the ones who will be condemned to the hellfire

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

Luke 18:17 "Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”

Matthew 18:14 'Your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.'"

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
yeah me and bud went back and forth on this and ultimately we can fall back on a few scriptures and what is told to David when he loses his son. We can also fall back on the nature of God.

That nature as I understand it is one of a father. Both loving but stern capable of love and punishment.

Part of the struggle people have with this is they try to view a very unwieldy concept through their own pea brain type eyes. Assume for a second God does exist. If you believe this you believe he's all knowing, all poweful...He's god right?

Now let's assume that God knows what's in the heart of each child and how each child will turn out. Could God judge them on that? Possibly, but we don't know. God judges that's one of the things he does. He's also just. Given that then I'm more inclined to believe he handle each soul justly...whatever that may be.

The concept of hell now is a crazy subject. I'm not entirely sold on the whole fire and brimstone thing but as my plan are to avoid whatever deviation of hell exist i've not really studied the matter in to much depth. I've heard arguments that Hell is a place devoid of God and his love :manny:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Children/babies by default go to heaven.

Jesus has made that clear

It's the grown folks who knowingly sin are the ones who will be condemned to the hellfire

Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

Luke 18:17 "Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”

Matthew 18:14 'Your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.'"

Yeah I don't know where this nikka got this thread from :dead:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
The concept of hell now is a crazy subject. I'm not entirely sold on the whole fire and brimstone thing but as my plan are to avoid whatever deviation of hell exist i've not really studied the matter in to much depth. I've heard arguments that Hell is a place devoid of God and his love :manny:

Well you better be sold....hell is real.

God is a mercy God but he is also a just God.
Hell is very real.