Religion/Spirituality Theism Discussion (Abrahamic Religions, Religious Philosophy, etc.)

Fervid

Largest Member
Daps
People like to believe that they go on living after they die. :pachaha::manny:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
How come when I say I don't believe in (christian) God, they give me the :merchant:.

:pachaha:if only they could have the same fear when they're sinning. The world would be paradise right now. :whistle:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
when an atheist can get elected president in this country :yeshrug:
We are actually a social ANIMAL.
We chose things that lead to our survival.... for whatever reason religion and it's systems has been what humans have determined as a stable way to get up from the beginning of time to year 4100.

Religious organizations are responsible for much of the good in this world, responsible for nearly 100% of charity and social causes. Men who are religious have been some of the greatest leaders in history, from certain politicians down to revolutionaries to human rights promoters.

We've made the greatest leaps in science, technology, and society under the guide of religious men and woman - for the most part.

So I will just say that - Most Atheist actually believe that it is concepts and spiritual beliefs that are responsible for ills of the world. That clearly shows a very naive and limited view of the world and human motivations - and for that reason alone we can assume that an atheist will never be elected president any time soon. Why would we want someone so clueless about the core psychology and aspects of society and humans?

I could see if atheist were being killed on the streets in America just because imaginary "sky daddies" have instructed all religious people to stop living their normal lives and start murking the most facetious people in the nation (who happen to be the atheist) ..................
but naw that's not happening so people like the OP should just worry about their own lives and go :camby:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I will just say that - Most Atheist actually believe that it is concepts and spiritual beliefs that are responsible for ills of the world. That clearly shows a very naive and limited view of the world and human motivations - and for that reason alone we can assume that an atheist will never be elected president any time soon.
good post, this is bullshyt though

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Believe me you don't want the idiots to wake up

If anything we could use more religionreligion
same thing i tell my bytch at the store. dont waste time arguing with knowledgable customers. there's a whole lot more money to be made off dumb muthafuqaz.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jazzy B. Dislcaimer: I'm about to go in hard in this thread, so if you're one of them soft types :whoa:

:heh: Nothing but a control mechanism used to control, manipulate and divide people in addition to being the biggest weapon of mass destruction the world has ever seen, causes far more bad than good, so many damn conflicts throughout history are caused by it, biggest man made killer. It also throws the common sense out of people, enforces bigotry, represses advancements and try's to shackle your ability to think.

At the core of human behaviour, religion has nothing to do with mass destruction...DIVERSITY is the culprit...White Christians don't like Black Christians....Arab Muslims don't like African Muslims...You can't have peace and equality in a diverse society, unless there is a clear majority in power and control, to keep all the other minorities in check...
If you blame religion for all the destruction in the world, then you might as well blame LOVE...Yes, everybody is killing for the love of something...People love money, so they are willing to kill and die for it, and love for country, race, religion, culture and etc...

Love and Diversity are the devil's work...
:troll:

Also nikkas still believing in :duck: tales and fantasy in 2013 :heh:

It's pretty much outdated along with most of it's practices :manny:

I definitely agree...If you believe in angels and demons, then you might as well believe in trolls and fairies...:salute:
Before anyone even tries, you can have morals without religion :ufdup:, there's something called logic, common sense, experience and reasoning.
So when will people wake up?

I have to disagree with you on that one...There is NO SCIENTIFIC objectivity with morals and ethics...If you have morals and ethics then you DO HAVE A RELIGION...Because those things are based on BELIEF, FAITH and OPINION, and not SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE...

Logic and Reasoning have NO moral and ethical values...That's why people who think and act based on logic, tend not have empathy and social skills...

Example 1) Slavery...Logically, what is wrong with slavery...? That's the best business model EVER...If you are businessman and your goal is to maximize profits, logically, what's a better way of doing this than slavery...? Exploitation and Extortion...

Example 2) The Tuskegee Syphilis Study...A whole bunch of black people were purposely infected with syphilis, because the researchers wanted to know what happens to human beings from the time they are infected to the time they expire from syphilis..The researchers refused to treat the participants even though a simple and cheap treatment was available...Logically speaking, if you wanted to know what syphilis did to the human body, this is EXACTLY what you have to do...It's Logical, but is it moral and ethical...?

Another example, if you are stuck in a deserted island with another person, and that person is severely injured...The logical thing to do would be to kill that person so 1) You can save on the resources that you have 2) You have extra meat if it comes down to that...
That's the logical thing to do...

Logically, we, as a society, should round up all the people who are severely mentally and physically disabled and are not productive in society, and we should kill them all, and save ourselves millions of dollars in healthcare and social services costs...

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea? which one?

for example, half this site says that jesus is the only way to salvation, the other half doesnt. whos right ?:yeshrug:
someone address this. the fundamental disagreement over jesus being the only way to salvation means that either 2 billion christians are wrong, or 2 billion muslims are

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Taoism for the win.

All religions have their benefits and positive aspects to them though. I dont hate on a religiously devout person, if even they evangelize. Chances are that they genuinely mean well. :manny:

The veracity of their holy literature is less important to me than their actions in the society on a micro level. If they are good people, and they attribute that to their religion, then i co-sign it.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

Saw this on facebook today. Thoughts?

American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be appearing before the British public for the first time in London on the 19th of October to present a controversial new discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove, according to Atwill, that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ.

Atwill asserts that Christianity did not really begin as a religion, but a sophisticated government project, a kind of propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire. "Jewish sects in Palestine at the time, who were waiting for a prophesied warrior Messiah, were a constant source of violent insurrection during the first century," he explains. "When the Romans had exhausted conventional means of quashing rebellion, they switched to psychological warfare. They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system. That's when the 'peaceful' Messiah story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to 'give onto Caesar' and pay their taxes to Rome."

edit: Oh I got merged. Cool.