THEE TOP 100 YEARS BY A RAP ARTIST, SOLO........TOP 5!!!! TOP 5!!!!!

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Not like Im some super important type dude here or nothing...but

Can I get an explanation of how '02 Cam'ron and '05 Cam'ron are anywhere near tied?
-A side question of how is '02 Luda better than either of them, when Luda himself has never been better than Cam whether it be '97,'02, '07, or '17????

2002 Cam was coming off a platinum solo + single; plus Dip Set is in the midst of dropping all of the Dip Vol 1-5; positions Santana an Jimmy for their solo stuff.
2005 Cam was at the beginning of the end of all that stuff

cam sold more & had bigger singles in '02 but his resume '05 was arguably more impressive when you look at the entirety of the criteria. especially when you consider all the obstacles & pitfalls cam had to deal with in '05. plus, the dipset movement was at its peak that year, and we're talking purple haze as well.

as for Ludacris. I'm not saying that hes better than Camron. this isn't a goat list. he just had an overall better year. I mean, bul was all over the place. not to mention, the bulk of the "back for the 1st time" run was in '01. triple platinum. "word of mouf" drops towards the end of '01. triple platinum. plus all the guest spots he killed.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
lol @ that smiley.
name one platinum east coast rapper that was regional. i'll wait.:popcorn:

whats is your logic in the LOX only being national via "money, power, respect" besides soundscan?

in fairness, the dogg pound weren't together after dogg food, they were also on the downside of their peak respectively, plus the west coast as a whole had lost a ton of steam.
that's my point. he ain't go plat, he's regional. jadakiss' 01 wasn't a big deal. what i remember from his 01 is the uncut knock yourself out video (for the broads not him) and him getting washed by bubba sparxxx. shyt bubba had a better 2001 and so did a bunch of other rappers. his 04 >>>>>>>> his 01 and even that shyt don't belong on here.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I forgot 03 chingy.

throw him in as a tie with '01 Ludacris.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
that's my point. he ain't go plat, he's regional. jadakiss' 01 wasn't a big deal. what i remember from his 01 is the uncut knock yourself out video (for the broads not him) and him getting washed by bubba sparxxx. shyt bubba had a better 2001 and so did a bunch of other rappers. his 04 >>>>>>>> his 01 and even that shyt don't belong on here.

my man str8 said bubba sparxxx

stop it slime.:russ:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
my man str8 said bubba sparxxx

stop it slime.:russ:
ain't no stop it. thus is exactly what i mean by regional. that nikka was prolly a big deal on the east coast, but that's it. bubba had a waaayyyyyy bigger single and his album went gold just like jada. it's crazy how much you overrating this nikka. i ain't even realize all the people you behind him.

01 jadakiss bigger than nicki minaj? :comeon:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
ain't no stop it. thus is exactly what i mean by regional. that nikka was prolly a big deal on the east coast, but that's it. bubba had a waaayyyyyy bigger single and his album went gold just like jada. it's crazy how much you overrating this nikka. i ain't even realize all the people you behind him.

01 jadakiss bigger than nicki minaj? :comeon:

youre speaking to someone who has lived in multiple regions breh. jadakiss is not regional. hes not king chit in other regions like he is on the east coast, where hes just as big as a jay-z. but hes still popular enough outside of the east. I know that for a fact.

also, youre a bit too reliant on sales. you gotta peep the entire criteria in the OP.

bubba sparxxx really just had that one hit.

nicki minaj is half-pop and benefited from being the only game in town up until now. as a grown man, who is around her age, I'm hard-pressed to name five song-titles from her.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
30.(TIE) '16 Drake
30.(TIE) '15-16 Future

29. '99 Lauryn Hill
28. '96 Nas
27.(TIE) '89 Slick Rick
27.(TIE) '88-89 Big Daddy Kane

26. '06 T.I.
25. '96-97 Lil Kim
24. '94-95 Method Man
23. '94 Warren G
22. '97 Ma$e
21. '99 Juvenile

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im a Drake hater but...:hhh:

there's absolutely no way he is not #2 after Em

fukking Waren G. Lil Kim? Mase ?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be honest, Bubba Sparxxx benefited from Timbaland production. "Ugly" was huge, but there was no follow-up (he had another single, but it didn't make much noise). A Timbaland production could get you a Gold album at least. Same deal with Petey Pablo.

As for Jada, Jada had a few things rolling in his favor. He had a couple of hit songs, the anticipation, the battle with State Prop and him going at Jay for the crown. Yeah, his overall product was mediocre, but he had more going for him than just a hit song. He was by no means regional. "Knock Yourself Out" got him some mainstream love and some airplay. "Show Discipline" and "Put Your Hands Up" got him the streets.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Im a Drake hater but...:hhh:

there's absolutely no way he is not #2 after Em

fukking Waren G. Lil Kim? Mase ?

peep the criteria.

lol @ Eminem & drake being 1 & 2. my name aint Viacom.

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Dmx is 98 surprised it isn't in the finals big pun is definately 98 as well.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
meh.

he was completely blackballed thru the first couple years of that, and was a pop tar thru the last few years of it.

50 cent dominance was moreso '02 thru '04.

this dude @Goldz-n-hoez negged me over this post.

always gotta put you weirdos on blast.