THEE TOP 100 YEARS BY A RAP ARTIST, SOLO........TOP 5!!!! TOP 5!!!!!

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
new york/east coast same shyt. :manny:

and i agree with you, which is exactly why he is regional. he has one platinum group album due to the bad boy stimulus, everything after is a flop.

do you refer to the west coast as California? even tho like 98% of notable west coast rap is from there?
new York's percentage is nowhere near that high for the east, but yet, yall still refer to the east coast as new York. then yall complain about them being obnoxious, when yall are making them that way.

and no, new york/east coast is not the same. a lot of new York rappers aren't popular regionally in other east coast states, and vice-versa.

as for jadakiss. we gonna act like I didn't just say that his 1st 2 solo albums are platinum and his 3rd was a top-seller? we gonna act like somebody from your own state, didn't just say that his album was anticipated out there?

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
do you refer to the west coast as California? even tho like 98% of notable west coast rap is from there?
new York's percentage is nowhere near that high for the east, but yet, yall still refer to the east coast as new York. then yall complain about them being obnoxious, when yall are making them that way.

and no, new york/east coast is not the same. a lot of new York rappers aren't popular regionally in other east coast states, and vice-versa.

as for jadakiss. we gonna act like I didn't just say that his 1st 2 solo albums are platinum and his 3rd was a top-seller?
yeah and everybody does. you really gonna act like people are referring to Portland, Nevada, and Arizona when they talk west coast? what was the east coast vs west coast beef? cali vs ny right?

and :skip:we gonna pretend like those numbers are correct?
Gold & Platinum - RIAA

like i said outside of the bad boy stimulus, he's a flopper. how his 3rd album a highest seller when the shyt aint even go gold. :mjlol:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

as for jadakiss. we gonna act like I didn't just say that his 1st 2 solo albums are platinum and his 3rd was a top-seller? we gonna act like somebody from your own state, didn't just say that his album was anticipated out there?
His first two albums are gold.
His third album had the 6th highest first week in 2009.
At the end of the day, Jada and the Lox were never regional artists. Sheek as a solo artist is a good example of a regional artist.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
At the end of the day, Jada and the Lox were never regional artists. Sheek as a solo artist is a good example of a regional artist.
I think Jada went plat with his 2nd album ,could be wrong

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
breh they're regional as fukk. that's like me saying quik, dogg pound, and eastsidaz aint regional because they got platinum plaques.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
breh they're regional as fukk. that's like me saying quik, dogg pound, and eastsidaz aint regional because they got platinum plaques.
Quik and Dogg Pound definitely weren't regional.
Eastsidaz is a good exmaple. They really went platinum?
Got Beef and G'd Up were huge songs out here.
@Wacky D do you remember those songs getting any radio play out in Philly?

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
quik and the pound had mainstream runs but overall they are regional breh.

dogg pound is a better example than eastsidaz. they benefited from the death row stimulus just like lox with bad boy and after death row they fell to being regional just like three lox.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not like Im some super important type dude here or nothing...but

Can I get an explanation of how '02 Cam'ron and '05 Cam'ron are anywhere near tied?
-A side question of how is '02 Luda better than either of them, when Luda himself has never been better than Cam whether it be '97,'02, '07, or '17????

2002 Cam was coming off a platinum solo + single; plus Dip Set is in the midst of dropping all of the Dip Vol 1-5; positions Santana an Jimmy for their solo stuff.
2005 Cam was at the beginning of the end of all that stuff

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

dogg food wasn't regional.

anyway, what I'm saying is, east coast rappers cant go platinum if theyre regional. bootlegging is too big up here. if you've never been on the east coast, then you wouldn't understand.

also, ive lived outside of the east coast long enough to know which east coast artists are regional and which aren't. theres no regional rappers on this list.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
dogg food wasn't regional.

anyway, what I'm saying is, east coast rappers cant go platinum if theyre regional. bootlegging is too big up here. if you've never been on the east coast, then you wouldn't understand.

also, ive lived outside of the east coast long enough to know which east coast artists are regional and which aren't. theres no regional rappers on this list.
dogg food wasn't regional, but everything after was. exactly like the lox after money, power, respect.

why are you still talking like he perennially went platinum, the nikka went platinum ONE time, on a group album, on one of the hottest labels out.

east coast rappers can't go plat if they're regional?
full

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

ehhh. theres way too much stuff that philly radio didn't play back in the day. a lot of out-of-region acts that were poppin up here, couldn't get play.

but in terms of popularity up here:
eastsidaz - regional
dogg pound - national on death row
dj quik - I don't remember him being popular here. I know he was at least popular in other east coast cities during his 1st album.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
dogg food wasn't regional, but everything after was. exactly like the lox after money, power, respect.

why are you still talking like he perennially went platinum, the nikka went platinum ONE time, on a group album, on one of the hottest labels out.

east coast rappers can't go plat if they're regional?
full

lol @ that smiley.
name one platinum east coast rapper that was regional. i'll wait.:popcorn:

whats is your logic in the LOX only being national via "money, power, respect" besides soundscan?

in fairness, the dogg pound weren't together after dogg food, they were also on the downside of their peak respectively, plus the west coast as a whole had lost a ton of steam.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

then they mustve shipped platinum or something

especially the 1st album. it went gold fairly quickly.