The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
the scale is just promises? You see you automatically disqualify yourself by stating something demonstrably false but again I KNOW why you are saying this. You are only downplaying SC and SSD's because PS5 has an advantage in that area.

That's really it.

You would never admit the SSD will be a game changer because you would then have to acknowledge the PS5's advantage in that area and how it relates to how developers can finally let go of the dated world/level design based around 5200RPM hard drives. Even PC games don't offer better as devs make games for hard drives so SSD only offers faster load times which is only a smidgen of what it can offer when it's the baseline. In a way a PC gamer with a fast NVME SSD claiming there's no real benefit would still be incorrect as those games are still made for parity with slow HDs.

The fact that "graphics" and "scale" has only improved even from PS2 to current gen highlights this fact even by many developers but I'm sure you'll just claim this is fake news. This video really highlights the limitations.

This applies to Xbox too. Anyway I'm sure you'll just disagree and want to endlessly dispute these facts due to fanboyism. :russell:

Sony stans:mjlol:

The SSD makes the PS5 better.

:mjlol:

fukk outa here buddy.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel the same way about SSD making games better as I do about The cloud making games better.

I need to see it in action
SSD making games better is demonstrable because the limitations can be examined through the last two generations of games. Cloud gaming is more so for streaming and remote play which it has demonstrated to be good.

Check out this discussion. It's a great listen

Last edited:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I feel the same way about SSD making games better as I do about The cloud making games better.

I need to see it in action
At least the SSD is an actual device inside the game consoles.
I do think the SSD's will be the biggest factor with game development next-gen.
We are going from like a bandwidth of 100 mb on PS4 to 9 GB on the PS5. That should be
enough to experience real speed on racing games among other things.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SSD making games better is demonstrable because the limitations can be examined through the last two generations of games. Cloud gaming is more so for streaming and remote play which it has demonstrated to be good.

Check out this discussion. It's a great listen

I'll give that a watch a bit later

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I wouldn't be shocked if they did

if memory serves me right there are gonna be 2 xboxes drop next gen...one more powerful than the other...similar I guess to the X1X and X1S...the lower powered one will probably be less expensive than the PS5...I remember this being discussed earlier

if I’m wrong tho and the more powerful version is also cheaper than the PS5 then that’s gonna be huge...$400 would be sweet

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
if memory serves me right there are gonna be 2 xboxes drop next gen...one more powerful than the other...similar I guess to the X1X and X1S...the lower powered one will probably be less expensive than the PS5...I remember this being discussed earlier

if I’m wrong tho and the more powerful version is also cheaper than the PS5 then that’s gonna be huge...$400 would be sweet
I been saying this. MS needs to do 1 SKU, equal or lower than PS5. Preferably 400 regardless of what Sony does, if they're done with losing.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

@spliz

Good video. Explains the heavy marketing and misconception about it(XsX) being on par with a 2080/TI while using Gears 5 as a benchmark to sort of prove it. He does make a good point in not taking that benchmark as the holy gospel based off of one test.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
If Microsoft doesn't use the Banjo IP then they just need to sell that shyt to Nintendo. Its a crime we have not had a Banjo game when everyone is begging for one. Does MS not care about money? lol. Rare today must be extremely trash if they don't wanna revisit their beloved IPs. This is why I'm glad they're not working on the rumored Perfect Dark game because Zero was trash.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If Microsoft doesn't use the Banjo IP then they just need to sell that shyt to Nintendo. Its a crime we have not had a Banjo game when everyone is begging for one. Does MS not care about money? lol. Rare today must be extremely trash if they don't wanna revisit their beloved IPs. This is why I'm glad they're not working on the rumored Perfect Dark game because Zero was trash.

The people at Rare who made them what they were been gone. I would see if Nintendo would bite at repurchasing some of the Rare IPs though if it's not going to be used.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The people at Rare who made them what they were been gone. I would see if Nintendo would bite at repurchasing some of the Rare IPs though if it's not going to be used.
Yea the talent Rare had is long gone. Which is why they are terrified to make their old games. MS needs to do whats best for business and sell most of them. Keep Perfect Dark and maybe Killer Instinct. But sell the rest of the old Rare games from Banjo, Conker, Battletoads, Jet Force Gemini, etc. Thank God Nintendo owned Donkey Kong because....
Microsoft Execs Thought They Owned Donkey Kong After Acquiring Rare

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yea the talent Rare had is long gone. Which is why they are terrified to make their old games. MS needs to do whats best for business and sell most of them. Keep Perfect Dark and maybe Killer Instinct. But sell the rest of the old Rare games from Banjo, Conker, Battletoads, Jet Force Gemini, etc. Thank God Nintendo owned Donkey Kong because....
Microsoft Execs Thought They Owned Donkey Kong After Acquiring Rare

How the fukk you THINK you own a property? :what:

You're an executive leader at Microsoft and didn't know what you actually were getting the rights to ahead of time? :mindblown:

Read your contract brehs..... :francis:

Anyway, they can keep KI and PD, but don't let shyt just sit. Maybe they aren't though.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
How the fukk you THINK you own a property? :what:

You're an executive leader at Microsoft and didn't know what you actually were getting the rights to ahead of time? :mindblown:

Read your contract brehs..... :francis:

Anyway, they can keep KI and PD, but don't let shyt just sit. Maybe they aren't though.

I think deep down MS regrets purchasing Rare. They thought Rare would save them when it was really Bungie that did ironically. If the rumors are true about Perfect Dark then they can easily revamp the IP like how Sony did GOW. Perfect Dark has a lot of potential and I trust Darrell Gallagher with it. Say what you want but I actually LIKED Rise of the Tomb Raider. :yeshrug: Perfect Dark has potential in the right hands and thats Gallagher. Make it third person in a semi-open world thats futuristic. Boom...

Meanwhile MS is ass at platformers. Anyways....

This screams Perfect Dark.