The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If there's one person you should NOT believe when it comes to predicting prices, it's Michael Patcher :mjlol:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

@Fatboi1 People saying next gen won't be a leap are smoking crack.

Use a glorified tech demo to try to make your point, brehs. :mjlol:

I agree there will be another leap with next gen but Star Citizen isn't even a real game. Has as much gameplay as a Flight Simulator game....only Flight Simulators get released.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah Star Citizen is not the game to make that point about. It's been in development for damn near 10 years and probably won't ever have a final release.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah Star Citizen is not the game to make that point about. It's been in development for damn near 10 years and probably won't ever have a final release.
And plenty of games have come out with better graphics and/or larger scope during that time.

SC just gets mentioned cause it’s SSD “requirement”

and that only exists cause the devs decided to stop optimizing.

SC ain’t doing nothing special other than existing as a console fanboy reference point :francis:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Use a glorified tech demo to try to make your point, brehs. :mjlol:

I agree there will be another leap with next gen but Star Citizen isn't even a real game. Has as much gameplay as a Flight Simulator game....only Flight Simulators get released.
I was only using that video as a guess of what next gen will look like. I can careless whether the game is released or not. And if you agree then what is your point?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Both.

Obviously PC will have the higher resolution. But from a graphics tech standpoint plenty of games are doing more.
What are they doing? What games are comparable to SC in scale? Are there other games like SC out now? And don't say No Man's Sky.
Star Citizen tech in-depth: seamless scaling from gas giants to detail-rich alien worlds
Y'all downplaying SC hard. You gonna be eating crow trying to downplay the achievements SSD will allow new games to be made with. I know why you are though :unimpressed:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What are they doing? What games are comparable to SC in scale? Are there other games like SC out now? And don't say No Man's Sky.
Star Citizen tech in-depth: seamless scaling from gas giants to detail-rich alien worlds
Y'all downplaying SC hard. You gonna be eating crow trying to downplay the achievements SSD will allow new games to be made with. I know why you are though :unimpressed:

There’s nothing there. shyts pretty much still a tech demo at this point. The “scale” of star citizen is just promises.

As far as playable content, plenty of games have done way more.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I have not seen any game on consoles especially the base models that look like SC. If so then please show me them.
Only difference between base consoles and the upgrades is resolution and textures. There’s nothing graphics tech wise that SC is doing that plenty of games already released are doing.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s nothing there. shyts pretty much still a tech demo at this point. The “scale” of star citizen is just promises.

As far as playable content, plenty of games have done way more.
the scale is just promises? You see you automatically disqualify yourself by stating something demonstrably false but again I KNOW why you are saying this. You are only downplaying SC and SSD's because PS5 has an advantage in that area.

That's really it.

You would never admit the SSD will be a game changer because you would then have to acknowledge the PS5's advantage in that area and how it relates to how developers can finally let go of the dated world/level design based around 5400RPM hard drives. Even PC games don't offer better as devs make games for hard drives so SSD only offers faster load times which is only a smidgen of what it can offer when it's the baseline. In a way a PC gamer with a fast NVME SSD claiming there's no real benefit would still be incorrect as those games are still made for parity with slow HDs.

The fact that "graphics" and "scale" has only improved even from PS2 to current gen highlights this fact even by many developers but I'm sure you'll just claim this is fake news. This video really highlights the limitations.

This applies to Xbox too. Anyway I'm sure you'll just disagree and want to endlessly dispute these facts due to fanboyism. :russell:

Last edited: