The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This should be a hard lesson to MS to stop relying on third parties. I remember when Activision left them in the desert after the Xbox One reveal.:dead:

oh shyt, forgot about that.

mufukkaz hit the Sheamus....

step-back.gif

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Aaron Greenberg said something that's a bit misleading.

This doesn't mean every game will output 60fps, I'm sure he meant to say the Xbox will always output at 60 hertz which even the Xbox One does(in the main menu).

He said the same with the Xbox One in regards to 1080P.output.

Two different things.

I can bet you $$$ there will be 30fps games. I knew that wording was suspicious.

yup. More 60fps~120fps but some 30

Thats a knock on the developers not Xbox or Sony. There is no excuses with the hardware specs that these systems have for them to be below 60. I understand some games might be demanding but Assassin Creed and them F outta here. Lazy developers

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Microsoft would have been better off not doing this show or just not hyping it up because now the media coming at them after they built all that momentum around the Series X.

No wonder Phil Spencer stayed away from this show. Xbox needs to stop relying on these damn AA indie games. They should know that they for now on have to score +A all the time due to the Xbox One. I really hope the July event is a banger to entice me to get a Series X because I do love what I am hearing about the hardware but..... If its the same old same old I[m sticking with Playstation.

Right...

Essentially, Xbox is Robert Downey Jr. pre Iron Man Movie.

Everyone wrote him off and was ready to judge him for any role or any pr he was involved in. Almost blacklisted and was a laughing stock.

Then, Iron man role came along and EVERYTHING changed.

This year...they'd better find themselves in their version of the Iron Man role. It can't say Gears or Halo. In reality, they do enough. But, in regards to social media machine? They need to really come through with some amazing cinematic experience game that, much like Sony people, most people won't finish. Lol

What happen yesterday was weird. I knew I had good reason to have reservations.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
fukk that. They always overhype everything. They won't learn shyt. Been saying the same nonsense for years and knew exactly what they were doing.

This isn't going to matter in the grand scheme of things. If these were Microsoft funded games, we have reason to worry. These are all multiplatform games. The fact of the matter is that they got some things across. Familiarizing people with the Series X Optimized logo, Smart Delivery, etc. Another fact is that the console is still the console, the specs that it carries did not disappear because third party developers aren't utilizing them now, regardless of what the 3rd party developers are doing with it now as we transition. The same games that you saw yesterday are going to look the same on the PS5 so in that regard, nothing was lost. Even moreso, the onus is on Microsoft to meet the expectation of the graphical superiority of their console with their games. I have no worries in that regards, they have enough money to make it happen and they have been raiding Sony studios like crazy for talent among other studios. I just wonder about 3rd party and how long they want to hang out in the PS4/XB1 generation though. Microsoft got additional eyeballs to their console, all press is good press till it comes out because at the end of the day, the console is the console and the specs are top tier, it's up to developers to make use of it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Right...

Everyone wrote him off and was ready to judge him for any role or any pr he was involved in. Almost blacklisted and was a laughing stock.

This year...they'd better find themselves in their version of the Iron Man role. It can't say Gears or Halo. In reality, they do enough. But, in regards to social media machine? They need to really come through with some amazing cinematic experience game that, much like Sony people, most people won't finish. Lol

I don't know where this misleading info came from but that's not true specifically to Sony games.
Red Dead Redemption 2 – 22%

Marvel’s Spider-Man – 50.3%

God Of War (2018) – 53.6%

Far Cry 5 – 35.8%

Dead Cells – 15%

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – 24.6%

Persona 5 – 34.8%

Yakuza Kiwami 2 – 49.1%

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End – 41.7%

Detroit: Become Human – 61.7%

Darksiders 3 – 37.9%

Crash Bandicoot – 12.6%

Compared to movies and other mediums, it’s understandable why less than 50% of gamers see their products through to the end. There’s a ton of AAA titles coming out every month, video games are now offering 30-100 hours of content, and there’s only so many hours in the day for adults to actually play video games when there’s a bunch of other distractions like work, children, relationships, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Still, it’s crazy that only 41.7% of players completed Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End.
it doesn't account for players who aren't finished yet, people who jump between many games and pick up later etc. Also this data is almost two years old.

This is not something to do with the game being boring or uninteresting which I feel like you seem to want to imply lol.

Rates on PSN are actually higher than Xbox for completion rates in 3rd party games.
Game Completion Rates Based On Achievements & Trophies - A In-depth Analysis

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Right...

I finished all my Sony games. :yeshrug: And Bloodborne I played the hell outta and wasn't cinematic at all. Regardless of cinematic or not the Xbox needs NEW FRESH triple A Ips that can rival Halo/Gears or need to REVAMP their IPs(Perfect Dark/Fable) similar to how Sony revamped GOW.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
This isn't going to matter in the grand scheme of things. If these were Microsoft funded games, we have reason to worry. These are all multiplatform games. The fact of the matter is that they got some things across. Familiarizing people with the Series X Optimized logo, Smart Delivery, etc. Another fact is that the console is still the console, the specs that it carries did not disappear because third party developers aren't utilizing them now, regardless of what the 3rd party developers are doing with it now as we transition. The same games that you saw yesterday are going to look the same on the PS5 so in that regard, nothing was lost. Even moreso, the onus is on Microsoft to meet the expectation of the graphical superiority of their console with their games. I have no worries in that regards, they have enough money to make it happen and they have been raiding Sony studios like crazy for talent among other studios. I just wonder about 3rd party and how long they want to hang out in the PS4/XB1 generation though. Microsoft got additional eyeballs to their console, all press is good press till it comes out because at the end of the day, the console is the console and the specs are top tier, it's up to developers to make use of it.
Microsoft has had two decades to show they can consistently offer first party support. They have failed in that capacity. I have no belief that will change in the future because they have no track record.

Even if by some miracle they did, they'll probably abandon ship after three years like the 360.