The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Anyways I HOPE Microsoft takes a set back and LET these studios have creative freedom. We don't need a Bungie repeat.

Tim Schafer talks Microsoft acquisition, why Japan doesn't like his games, and what's after Psychonauts 2

Destructoid: As a privately-owned company for the better part of two decades, what was important for an acquisition to make sense?

Schafer: I asked two questions. First, what would happen to our culture. Would we change our email to be @Microsoft? These little things that are really important to me. Would you put up a logo in the lobby? And they don't want to do any of that. They said "No, keep everything the way it is. You're Double Fine, you stay Double Fine." It's what Microsoft talks about as being their unplugged studios -- Ninja Theory, inExile, and Obsidian. They're still doing their own thing. That makes sense to me. When [head of Xbox Game Studios] Matt Booty told me about that, I could see why it'd make sense for a platform-holder like Microsoft to want a diverse group of creative studios creating content just for their platform. I could see why they wouldn't want to buy us and turn us into a Halo outsourcer. It doesn't make any sense.

Phil has it under control.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Tim Schafer talks Microsoft acquisition, why Japan doesn't like his games, and what's after Psychonauts 2

Destructoid: As a privately-owned company for the better part of two decades, what was important for an acquisition to make sense?

Schafer: I asked two questions. First, what would happen to our culture. Would we change our email to be @Microsoft? These little things that are really important to me. Would you put up a logo in the lobby? And they don't want to do any of that. They said "No, keep everything the way it is. You're Double Fine, you stay Double Fine." It's what Microsoft talks about as being their unplugged studios -- Ninja Theory, inExile, and Obsidian. They're still doing their own thing. That makes sense to me. When [head of Xbox Game Studios] Matt Booty told me about that, I could see why it'd make sense for a platform-holder like Microsoft to want a diverse group of creative studios creating content just for their platform. I could see why they wouldn't want to buy us and turn us into a Halo outsourcer. It doesn't make any sense.

Phil has it under control.
:ehh:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
These sound like rumors already floating around save for Banjo. These dates seems fugazi but what do I know. All will be revealed in due time.

Breh like I said if they show an amazing ass Fable game that alone will make me jump ship back to Xbox and I'll be on the frontlines LEADING the charge.:bustback: But to add Perfect Dark and a triple A Obsidian game??? And Halo? Sign me the fukk up. Where do I enlist? Can people who went awol reenlist? :lupe:

And unlike many people online I LIKED Gallagher's Tomb Raider and know his version of PD would be dope af.