Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Like I said before Obsidian games was a masterful purchase by Phil and Matt. Just perfect. People who talk shyt about Obsidian games(mainly because of grounded) forget that these people created Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas(the GOAT Fallout and one of my favorites last gen) and recently Outer Worlds.:wow:

They don't need to be a Naughty Dogs because they are one of the best RPG studios. Anyways, their next game out of Grounded is said to be a triple A RPG game that is Skyrim like and that even has Phil:whoo:

Obsidian Entertainment is, without a doubt, one of the most influential studios Microsoft has under its umbrella right now. After the success of The Outer Wilds, especially on Xbox Game Pass, the studio announced its next project Grounded. However, Phil Spencer hints the existence of another mystery project, keeping the whole team busy right now.

According to an “End of Year” podcast with Phil Spencer and Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb, we find out that Grounded is a small in-studio title within Obsidian Entertainment. In fact, it only keeps 10% of employees busy. However, there’s another secret project that is, instead, the main focus for the team. Their dialogue goes as follows:

Major Nelson: “I was in Obsidian’s studios for the launch of The Outer Worlds and …”

Spencer: “Great team! You know what they’re on working? ”

Major Nelson: “I know. We saw Grounded …”

Spencer: “Well, no, I’m referring to the whole team”.

So what do we know about this new Obsidian Entertainment title? Right now, nothing. Some of the studios’ job listings do have some interesting bits to share. For starters, we’re talking about open world and will be available on next-gen consoles as well as PC. A listing for a senior technical artist reads:

We’re looking for an individual who knows how to create tools, assets, and pipelines in Houdini that integrate well with Unreal Engine 4 for next generation game platforms. This Houdini Technical Artist will work with Area Designers, the Art Director, Technical Director, and production artists to develop tools that allow others to iterate effectively and reliably on an open world environment.

Moreover, the listings drop hints about melee and ranged combat as well as non-humanoid characters. This could easily be a sequel for The Outer Worlds, something better and bigger after the first game’s success or a new IP altogether. Some of Obsidian’s past IPs like Dungeon Defenders or Pathfinder could also be getting something bigger, although we can never be sure.

We still don’t know what Obsidian Entertainment’s new game is and what its state will be following the studio’s introduction to Xbox Studios, however, the team has set solid grounds for their next big game to hit the market.
Phil Spencer Teases New Title for Obsidian Entertainment | SegmentNext

Like I said great ass purchase. Studio is not too giant like CD Project Red for it to be expensive but yet can shell out good quality games if given a good budget. Yall better keep yall eyes on Obsidian. :whoo: Everyone focused on Playground, Ninja Theory and the Initiative. Oh and for the people who were tryna say they(XGS) are gonna only shell out AA games well those AA games like Grounded gonna be between BIGGER AAA games.

@Leasy @iceberg_is_on_fire @FooFighters Xbox game pass gonna be insane next gen...

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Like I said before Obsidian games was a masterful purchase by Phil and Matt. Just perfect. People who talk shyt about Obsidian games(mainly because of grounded) forget that these people created Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic, Fallout New Vegas(the GOAT Fallout and one of my favorites last gen) and recently Outer Worlds.:wow:

They don't need to be a Naughty Dogs because they are one of the best RPG studios. Anyways, their next game out of Grounded is said to be a triple A RPG game that is Skyrim like and that even has Phil:whoo:

Like I said great ass purchase. Studio is not too giant like CD Project Red for it to be expensive but yet can shell out good quality games if given a good budget. Yall better keep yall eyes on Obsidian. :whoo: Everyone focused on Playground, Ninja Theory and the Initiative. Oh and for the people who were tryna say they(XGS) are gonna only shell out AA games well those AA games like Grounded gonna be between BIGGER AAA games.

@Leasy @iceberg_is_on_fire @FooFighters Xbox game pass gonna be insane next gen...

I got GPU till '23.:cook::eat: But I have an OG XB1 and need to clear space :mjcry:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

Yeah Microsoft killin it right now and they have more games in the pipeline known than Sony.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Anyways I HOPE Microsoft takes a set back and LET these studios have creative freedom. We don't need a Bungie repeat.
The best shyt bungie ever did was under Microsoft, and they wasn't shyt before Microsoft. Destiny is cool but it's lacking. In those nikkaz obituaries it'll read "worked on halo franchise" as one of if not their biggest accomplishments. Amen

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
The best shyt bungie ever did was under Microsoft, and they wasn't shyt before Microsoft. Destiny is cool but it's lacking. In those nikkaz obituaries it'll read "worked on halo franchise" as one of if not their biggest accomplishments. Amen
Halo 1 to 3 are legendary games