The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
So far:

The packaging and everything was A1. I saw people say that in unboxings and on boards but in person the presentation is probably the best I've had for a game console.

Console looks clean as hell.

Gamepass is definitely worth it. There's not only all the MS exclusive stuff in one spot but also some non MS games that I was tempted to buy on the 4/5 previously are there. Just scrolling through the list I could probably never buy a game on the console and be good just off the sheer amount of content.

Not a huge fan of the OS at all but it's been that way for me with MS forever.

Hate the friends list and how you add friends.

Controller is nice. Been a while since I actually played with a Xbox controller..rumble, the buttons and the textured grip all stick out.

Forza Horizon 4 might be the most beautiful game I've ever played. I suck at racing games but it's just amazing to look at.

Just played the training on Gears because it wasn't done downloading. Looks and plays good.

My only big complaint so far is the download speeds have been terrible for me. I remember seeing people at launch mention this as an issue. I've restarted and turned it off. Downloads moving slow as hell compared to the PS5.
Dope. Do the network tests and make sure your NAT status is "open". XBOX downloads are usually very fast. If you're not on Ethernet, that helps a lot.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Capcom too in bed with Sony these days

That's one game, which Sony probably has zero to do with anymore. Money talks. MS just copped Zenimax, they can make it happen. Capcom is a bad quarter or two away from being in trouble again. RE and Monster Hunter are keeping them afloat.

Daps
MS stepping up
Sony can't get too comfortable because MS can catch up real quick if you sleep on them e.g. 360
Maybe MS can restore that 360 feeling
By 2022/2023 XSX could have huge momentum
All the XSX needs are a set of fresh new AAA IPs that make people say :gladbron: okay MS and buy a XSX because why not?
A couple of more studio acquisitions, price cuts, and the XSX won't lead to a hubris Sony for the PS6
Sony will probably respond by expanding their own first party studios e.g. one studio has two teams, Insomniac has 3 teams
Make 2nd party exclusive deals and timed 3rd party deals
Sony will probably buy a couple of studios too but not on the scale of MS
Being more competitive in terms of a gamepass like service
Competition is good

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Its not Bethesda level big but I see no reason MS seriously don't just go and grab up Sega right now.....Sonic popularity ain't as strong these days so they don't have as much leverage, finances ain't as hot and basically relying on PSO2 to make serious money, and Yakuza is starting to make gains on xbox platforms so people are getting use to playing it here.

Then just think of all the dope IPs Microsoft instantly gets access to. The potential Dreamcast/Saturn/Genesis retro possibilities.

Needs to be done

Plus they could put all of Sega's IPs on GamePass.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its not Bethesda level big but I see no reason MS seriously don't just go and grab up Sega right now.....Sonic popularity ain't as strong these days so they don't have as much leverage, finances ain't as hot and basically relying on PSO2 to make serious money, and Yakuza is starting to make gains on xbox platforms so people are getting use to playing it here.

Then just think of all the dope IPs Microsoft instantly gets access to. The potential Dreamcast/Saturn/Genesis retro possibilities.

Needs to be done
Dont Sega own Atlus? Persona 6 could come to xbox.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Downloading that Forza off Game Pass right now and will download Medium over night. It takes forever for a game to download on this machine.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Downloading that Forza off Game Pass right now and will download Medium over night. It takes forever for a game to download on this machine.

...on your network...I don’t even have the fastest download speeds but games are completely downloaded within 10-20 minutes...and I’m wireless too

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
...on your network...I don’t even have the fastest download speeds but games are completely downloaded within 10-20 minutes...and I’m wireless too

My download speeds are 215.9 mbps on wireless. I am not getting no 20 minute download. It’s taking between 44 mins to 1 hour 44 mins for games. Probably just need to reset network on the Xbox then

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
somethin wrong with yall shyt i git 1GB internet my shyt downloads in no time hope yall not using wireless i hate when ppl game or when they're trying to download big files use wireless stop tryna look cute

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
after 8 yeara finally got around to playing dead space 3...beat the first 2 on 360 but i forgot how :damn: it was...of course it looks good on series x...but MS needs to get the ball rolling again on series X enhancements for BC games...new to play new vegas series x enhanced :wow:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
somethin wrong with yall shyt i git 1GB internet my shyt downloads in no time hope yall not using wireless i hate when ppl game or when they're trying to download big files use wireless stop tryna look cute

I have no issue with the internet speeds on my other devices just the series x. A reset should fix the issue. I will do that later tonight.