The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
$275 max. Trying to get a new monitor for the Series X. What should I get. I know nothing about this shyt except I should be trying to get 120 htz and a low response time. How high of a resolution do I need.

Links to recs appreciated

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The series S is perfect for a lot of people

people would want jump into the xbox ecosystem.

people who want to be able to play next gen games when they drop but don't want to spend 500

People who want a second system

People who just want a gamepass/digital box

People that don't have high end tv's.

People that might be able to only spare 300 bucks instead of 500

It really hits a lot of people

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The series S is perfect for a lot of people

people would want jump into the xbox ecosystem.

people who want to be able to play next gen games when they drop but don't want to spend 500

People who want a second system

People who just want a gamepass/digital box

People that don't have high end tv's.

People that might be able to only spare 300 bucks instead of 500

It really hits a lot of people
It still doesn't change the fact that it's an inferior subpar experience. If your money is so tight that an extra $200 is the difference between you being able to buy a console or not you've got more important things to worry about than buying a game console. That's some pretty tight living. I look at it like this. I spend that $500 and the 1TB drive alone makes it worth it. Series X came with 800 GB free. The S has like 360 free. For that extra $200 you're getting 2.2x the free storage space, a disc drive which allows you to purchase games on sale at physical retailers, and superior hardware.

The same reason I got the PS5 with the disc drive. You have the ability to resell games and get games that are on sale physically but not digitally. Over the life of the system having that disc drive alone will more than make up the initial extra cost.

Just a few buy 2 get 1 free sales cover the extra cost of the series X. The S isn't worth buying. It's a short sighted purchase.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
$275 max. Trying to get a new monitor for the Series X. What should I get. I know nothing about this shyt except I should be trying to get 120 htz and a low response time. How high of a resolution do I need.

Links to recs appreciated
You only getting 1080 or 1440 monitors for that price. My 4k 60hz monitor was 300 something when i bought it

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It still doesn't change the fact that it's an inferior subpar experience. If your money is so tight that an extra $200 is the difference between you being able to buy a console or not you've got more important things to worry about than buying a game console. That's some pretty tight living. I look at it like this. I spend that $500 and the 1TB drive alone makes it worth it. Series X came with 800 GB free. The S has like 360 free. For that extra $200 you're getting 2.2x the free storage space, a disc drive which allows you to purchase games on sale at physical retailers, and superior hardware.

The same reason I got the PS5 with the disc drive. You have the ability to resell games and get games that are on sale physically but not digitally. Over the life of the system having that disc drive alone will more than make up the initial extra cost.

Just a few buy 2 get 1 free sales cover the extra cost of the series X. The S isn't worth buying. It's a short sighted purchase.
So the Switch was a subpar experience last-gen too, correct?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If your money is so tight that an extra $200 is the difference between you being able to buy a console or not you've got more important things to worry about than buying a game console.
This is dumb as consoles usually don’t hit their stride until some price drops happen.

$200 is a lot of money to most people on earth.

$200 is easily the difference between having and not having a console for most people.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Strongly disagree as a 200 dollar difference is relevant to the person.

If the these boxes where 700 instead of 500 would you pick one up?

If you have a extra 500 to spend, and that's it, you can get a series s, gamepass, and whatever your game of choice is for under that.

Or you could just buy a series x or ps5 and that's a wrap.

There's a reason used sales aren't a waste, there's a large crowd of people that just want a system that's cheap, still somewhat powerful and let's them play with friends or online if they want.

Everything else is irrelevant for them, when I worked at GameStop these kind of people came in ALL the time. Way more than people like "us"

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Strongly disagree as a 200 dollar difference is relevant to the person.

If the these boxes where 700 instead of 500 would you pick one up?

If you have a extra 500 to spend, and that's it, you can get a series s, gamepass, and whatever your game of choice is for under that.

Or you could just buy a series x or ps5 and that's a wrap.

There's a reason used sales aren't a waste, there's a large crowd of people that just want a system that's cheap, still somewhat powerful and let's them play with friends or online if they want.

Everything else is irrelevant for them, when I worked at GameStop these kind of people came in ALL the time. Way more than people like "us"
I disagree, especially now when the systems play the exact same games. Series S is for portable setups or very small children ONLY.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I’m enjoying the “ray tracing” on the series X more than the ps5.
Freesync is noticeable.

Quick resume is a game charger. If I had this has a child. :whew:

Microsoft giving us Apple ecosystem level of options. I’m driving up north to check up on the office while scrolling and selecting more games to install on my system while gone effortlessly through the Xbox’s app.
:ohlawd: